Guest FourAces

Name 1 Thing New You Learned Today

6 hours ago, RA1 said:

Depends upon what you mean.  Kent State. Waco, Ruby Ridge.  Etc.  While I don't agree with the motives of some of these folks, the government did over react, yes?

Best regards,

RA1

Agree totally that, in all of those instances, the government did overreact.

But help me understand how military-grade firearms ownership by civilians is any kind of reasonable, credible, sustainable answer to that kind of government overreach, in this day and age?

Count the number of schoolchildren dead as a result of that, to me, unfathomable logic. And help me understand.

• Members

I learned that Big Pharma is evil as ever. And the good old USofA is still the only place that facilitates such greed. What, there's no other country whose government is open to bribery?

Horizon Pharma raises price of Vimovo painkillers in US to nearly $3,000

Naw, I didn't just learn that. And neither did any of you.

But we still sit back and pay and pay and  pay.

And that's not news either, is it?

• Members

MsGuy, you are so very correct.  Our congress is tied to the drug industry like a piglet sucking on its mother.  They love the money donated to their campaigns by these swine. And, they fear the NRA so much that they cannot bring themselves to do anything about children being murdered.  Many here are too young to remember when several Puerto Ricans opened fire with pistols during a session of congress in the 1950's.  Would not bother me one iota if someone went into a joint session of congress with an AK 47 and blasted those useless bastards.

4 hours ago, MsGuy said:

I learned that Big Pharma is evil as ever. And the good old USofA is still the only place that facilitates such greed. What, there's no other country whose government is open to bribery?

Horizon Pharma raises price of Vimovo painkillers in US to nearly $3,000

Naw, I didn't just learn that. And neither did any of you.

But we still sit back and pay and pay and  pay.

And that's not news either, is it?

Agree wholly.

Your suggested plan of action?

I am right & ready to charge if you can point the way.

• Members
11 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Agree totally that, in all of those instances, the government did overreact.

But help me understand how military-grade firearms ownership by civilians is any kind of reasonable, credible, sustainable answer to that kind of government overreach, in this day and age?

Count the number of schoolchildren dead as a result of that, to me, unfathomable logic. And help me understand.

Understand that my heart is broken for these children, their parents and friends.  Compared to atomic weapons or the sustained efforts of the military indeed any civilian firearm is only a symbol of resistance,  But, symbol it is of We the People.

Best regards,

RA1

58 minutes ago, RA1 said:

Understand that my heart is broken for these children, their parents and friends.  Compared to atomic weapons or the sustained efforts of the military indeed any civilian firearm is only a symbol of resistance,  But, symbol it is of We the People.

Best regards,

RA1

The original technical intent of the Second Amendment was that citizenry who belonged to State militias should have weaponry on hand in the event of an urgent State-ordered militarization.

The idea that this Amendment was intended to give unsupervised private citizens unfettered access to weaponry of any class was manufactured out of whole cloth and popularized by Colt and by Smith & Wesson after the ending of the Civil War, when their of course to that point very lucrative sales fell off a cliff.

It has no basis whatever in the thinking of the Founders.

9 minutes ago, RA1 said:

No credence to the statement that no American was involved?

One suspects that statement was made in the sense of 'speaking narrowly.'

The long trail of rubles... 

depositphotos_36017789-stock-photo-russi

...into the pockets of the Trumps, Kushners, Manafort, et al. is already a publicly documented certainty.