• Members

Nothing gay about it, but is anyone else enjoying the new Showtime series Homeland as much as I? I went into it very skeptical but now I'm hooked. Good story line, plot, subplots and last minute twists. I'm probably going to get slammed for recommending it, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :yes:

I have been enjoying it a great deal. I can't remember what show the actor was in before but he was a cop who won a lawsuit after being sent to jail for a crime he didn't commit. I have liked him ever since then.

I do find the show enjoyable and I like the characters.

• Members

I have been enjoying it a great deal. I can't remember what show the actor was in before but he was a cop who won a lawsuit after being sent to jail for a crime he didn't commit. I have liked him ever since then.

I do find the show enjoyable and I like the characters.

Haven't watched the show yet but mean to, as I also really like Damian Lewis, his show Life was OK but I think he's most memorable from Band of Brothers. He's tall and very handsome in person, btw. Had no idea he's British 'till I just looked him up!

Damian_Lewis_300px.jpg

I spent Friday and Saturday watching all 12 episodes. I was enthralled by the series. I thought the writing and acting was incredible. I was riveted by the story and the subtext of who to believe etc. I love that type of drama. I now look forward to season 2.

Some people I've talked to about "Homeland" say it reminded them of "24". But the main difference is that this much more of a psychological drama rather than a gun chase national security drama. What is similar is that you are not quite sure who is with the US or not. But this was very well done and I like the story line about Claire Daines character being bipolar. I think that makes her character even richer.

I'm definitely looking forward to season 2.

I don't think so. I think his assumption that Nazir's people did it is probably true especially since they released the video that he did for the first time he was to blow up the vice president.

Expat, I have watched it again and I think the person behind this was the guy now in charge, Mandy Patinkin. I think he and his wife had something to do with this. She is Muslim. I think he had the car pulled around and was on the ship in order to have cover for the explosion.

OMG. That would be a shock if that were true. That would not fit what I think of him but it would fit the way the writers continue to surprise with interesting storyline twists.

• Members

Judging by the age of this thread, looks like not many Homeland fans report here.

I barely got through Season 7. When the showrunners focused on Carrie's bipolar disease, I thought the show was unwatchable. Season 7 is mostly bipolar Carrie.

Season 8 was much better. Back to tension, drama, and spy mystery. Carrie was somehow cured.

Then came the Series Finale. Absolutely dreadful. Hated it. I feel sorry for showrunners who have to write a season finale for a very popular drama series. Too many awful decisions have to be made, and many of those decisions will be hated by fans. I really enjoyed Season 8, except for the awful last episode. Carrie and Saul deserved better.

• Members

4 episodes to go including finale. I should binge and move on. I am clueless about the outcome but wonder if ‘Clairrie’s’ real life husband playing onscreen role is implicated in an inauspicious ending. Hmmm ... worm-meat the two main characters? That was Juliet, and Romeo. 

Edited by Riobard

I loved the last season. I loved the last episode. I thought it was a great end to the story. Actually, I watched the last 10 minutes at least 6 times. Brilliant! Sure, others will disagree, but I thought it was the perfect wrap up.

• Members
On 4/27/2020 at 8:01 AM, RockHardNYC said:

I barely got through Season 7. .. I thought the show was unwatchable.

Then came the Series Finale. Absolutely dreadful. Hated it.

Of course you did, honey. Of course you did. The burden you have...