trzinko

rio and other places in january

• Members

First, fortaleza is a very big city. A lot of police around, so probably
A lot of crime. City beaches are sand, and sea has a lot of vawes.
Not really for swiimming. Buth baracas that were mentioned here are
Not such in reallity. At night there is cruising in bridge at iracema. It
Is on pic 1 and it looks fine. But at night guys go and stay in the dark.
I didn't have the guts to go...

Mostlly, people go for a day excursions out of the city. I went to moreno
Branco. Scenic. Red and white stones and sand. Took a 2 hour drive
With buggy. And green see for swiming. Pic 2 is the only pic i took
Withiphone, others are on my sony, so maybe in 10 days.

One more comment about a dragon sauna. This beautiful establishment
Has 1 mistake. Only 6-7 boys at a time . It keeps prices for boys up,
And there is not much choice. Yesterday i had a beer, but i didn't hook
With anyone. My eye got spoiled in 117 and MM.

post-100001-0-98545700-1390449497_thumb.

post-100001-0-26270700-1390449509_thumb.

• Members

This is my todays friend from dragon sauna in fortaleza.

I would just like to repeat that they have a very limited

Number of boys. Therefore, it is sometimes difficult to

Find what you want. I personally prefer clean shaved boys, but this

Time outher qualities outnumbered this one.

post-126413-0-22743900-1390437887_thumb.

• Members

Salvador is for me the most beautiful and interesting city in brazil. History, old town pelurinho smells on slaves. Statistics and outlook also say that it is dangerous. However, it is not if you follow usual brazilian precautions, but you have to be more strict. It is also a lot of mucis on main square and side streets.

Gay beach is called barra. It is much lessgay than ipanema. Couples and childred everywhere. With just looking and smiling , i didn"t sucseed to connect. However, there were great bodies walking around. The sea is warm and very clean, a surprise for big city. Vendors at baraccas also take care of unvisable security. But very crowded.

I went twice to sauna planetario 11. Always about 10 boys working. They are all muscled guys, no twinks. The guys are also older. They say they are 25, but look more like 35 to me. I took a picture of 1 guy, but it didn' come out fine, so i will not posted it. I would return to salvador again - not for sauna- but for old town, feeling of the city, beach....

• Members

I have returned from salvador to rio on sunday noon. I took a nap,

Becauce last night in salvador was really short.

In the llate afternoon i went to 117. Very crowded. A lot of boys, mostly

On steroids. Only one twink, but he he was busy talking to a customer

For a long time.

Si i choose the guy i preffered. I will post a picture later.

After i went to gallitos for baby chicken. Very tasty. Across the street,

At tonnemai, very crwded as you can see on the picture. A lot of daddy

Boy couples. I wonder, did they hook up here?

But tonight is enough, i will have to spend evening here, to see how

It goes.post-126413-0-63161100-1390986026_thumb.post-126413-0-63161100-1390986026_thumb.

post-126413-0-95415500-1390986143_thumb.

post-126413-0-34377500-1390986253_thumb.

• Members

Thanks for posing, trzinko. I've enjoyed your reports.

And I was glad to see photos of Tomenai: it looks as if all the men have their legs in the air - my kinda place! (Sorry I couldn't resist a quip)

• Members

Thanks for your always interesting and informative postings.

I am going to SAlvador in March and a little concerned about security.

Would you recommend using a guide to meet me at the airport?

I have not booked a hotel but would like to stay in the old city.

I am looking forward to visiting the sauna you mentioned

Thanks

• Members

In order that pictures are posted correctly i will not any more pictures

Before i get home next week. I am still clumsy with iphone.

Salvador probably is dangerous city and looks like one. It is in the air.

But you don't need to have a guide at airport. Just take a regular taxi

And you will be fine.

For a first time visitor to salvadori would recommend a guide, or an

Organized tour. In 2008 i have used fernando bingre, who you can find

On tripadvisor. In 2008 he has done perfect job introducing me to the

City. He was not so perfect this time, because he canceled a night tour

4 hours before it should start. Unpleasant, he probably got a better deal

Somewhere else.

And don't forget bale folclorico in the old town. It takes place every day

At 8 pm. You can get tickets for 45 reals 2 or 3 hours before. It is great

Show. Takes an hour, and second half is mostly capoeira show. But,

What a group of fuckers - young, 20ish, strong. Chippendales, just much

Better.

ToNemAi Bar is a great place to go for a drink after the saunas. Since it is two blocks from the apartment I rent, I go there often when in Rio. They are also open for lunch. It is usually always busy after 10:00 at night. It is on the "gay" street, Rua Farme de Amoedo. I have never seen a lot of "Daddy/son couples that you mentioned in your post, maybe one or two couples in a evening(counting myself and whatever sauna guy I took there). Usually I would estimate the crowd to be 21 - 40 range.

I have been hit on there by guys looking to make some money when I have gone there by myself, the two times this happened we had a couple drinks, then went back to the apartment. I gave them $100.R., and they were fine with that.

• Members

In order that pictures are posted correctly i will not any more pictures

Before i get home next week. I am still clumsy with iphone.

Salvador probably is dangerous city and looks like one. It is in the air.

But you don't need to have a guide at airport. Just take a regular taxi

And you will be fine.

For a first time visitor to salvadori would recommend a guide, or an

Organized tour. In 2008 i have used fernando bingre, who you can find

On tripadvisor. In 2008 he has done perfect job introducing me to the

City. He was not so perfect this time, because he canceled a night tour

4 hours before it should start. Unpleasant, he probably got a better deal

Somewhere else.

And don't forget bale folclorico in the old town. It takes place every day

At 8 pm. You can get tickets for 45 reals 2 or 3 hours before. It is great

Show. Takes an hour, and second half is mostly capoeira show. But,

What a group of fuckers - young, 20ish, strong. Chippendales, just much

Better.

My second favorite city in Brazil is Salvador [bahia]. I've been twice or perhaps three times. Sorry i can't remember, for the second time or third was in the mid 2000s. Both times I had a guide, an exceptional man who is now on my Facebook page. I got him through my late carioca gay travel agent [Carllos] who died sometime last year. But back to Bahia. It is a beautiful, historical city, but one must get outside to enjoy all of the fruits. Went to the most African of towns while there but never to any of the notable islands that are there. Hope to go back after the 2015 World Cup or the 2016 Olympics. Damn, I am glad that you liked my second favorite city and that you chose to report back. You seemingly are having one hell of a great trip/cultural as well as sensual/sexual!! Muito obrigado*******

And that show: gorgeous, gorgeous men! I went and enjoyed. I also went to the show in old town which depicts the history and culture of Brasil with a prime focus of Bahia. ...went twice to this!! Hot! Hot! men

So I'm seriously contemplating taking the plunge and doing Rio in April.

My only hesitation is language. I'm not shy, and I'm fine navigating a city I don't speak the language in, but I wonder about the boys.

How many speak any English? Not that we need it in the Sauna, but if I were going to take them out, I think it would get awkward quickly if we couldn't communicate.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I do not speak any Portuguese. I am semi-fluent in Spanish and that helps alot. But a great "friend" in the technological age is the myriad of online translators. You can download several for your smartphone and use them to help. Many, if not most, of the sauna boys are very willing to help you bridge the gap of non-communication. In my trips to Rio, I found the vast majority of the Brazilian people to be very friendly and accomodating when it comes to a non-Portuguese speaking guest.

I agree with Lurker! Most of the sauna guys do not speak English besides a few fundamental words, but you won't have a problem in the sauna not speaking Portuguese.

My Portuguese is very limited, I can get by in simple conversations but it's work! :-) The app I use on the IPhone is " iSpeak Portuguese", works really well and has the button to audibly speak the phrase you are typing so you or your companion can hear as well as see it. I have used it a lot both in the saunas and at dinner!

Caeron, you are right, dinner can lapse into awkward silences if you don't speak Portuguese and he doesn't speak English, been there done that! Now when I go to dinner, I usually always go with either friends that speak Portuguese, 2 of my frequent American travel companions are fluent and it makes it so much easier or invite one of the boys friends from the sauna along to dinner with you, that way they have someone to talk to and have found that works really well

Guest lurkerspeaks

Of course Tomcal has ulterior motives when inviting a group of sauna boys to dinner. Tomcal always prefers the "all you can eat buffet" as opposed to the "single choice" option whether it is for dining or playing..

• Members

So I'm seriously contemplating taking the plunge and doing Rio in April.

My only hesitation is language. I'm not shy, and I'm fine navigating a city I don't speak the language in, but I wonder about the boys.

How many speak any English? Not that we need it in the Sauna, but if I were going to take them out, I think it would get awkward quickly if we couldn't communicate.

When I first traveled to Brazil, I knew zero Portuguese. That is no longer the case. You asked whether the garotos speak English. Garotos in the sauna and most of the people in hotels and restaurants and other places know little to no English.

Early on when I first began visiting Brazil, there were no phone apps to aid in translating. Therefore, I always walked around with a small English/Portuguese dictionary. I carried one even to the saunas. This was a great help in learning the language and in avoiding misunderstandings.

I found that most of the garotos were eager to learn English and I was eager to learn Portuguese. During my many trips to Brazil (114 trips counting my current trip), I never had an issue with language.

As was pointed out earlier, there are phone apps that will allow almost instant translations. There are many on the market. Some are better than others. The one I bought is called "Talking Translator" and it does a great job. There are two versions of this translator available. Do yourself a favor, do not even attempt to make use of the free version of the app.

You said you were considering April for your trip. That is a great time to visit. Right now, I am in Brazil and it has been in the nineties since I arrived two weeks ago. Thank goodness for air conditioning. I will have to consider dropping January from future trips to Brazil.

Of course, depending on your interests,there is a lot of culture in Brazil. Culture helps round out your purpose for being in Brazil.

Have a wonderful trip to Brazil if you decide to come here.

• Members

Thanks for your always interesting and informative postings.

I am going to SAlvador in March and a little concerned about security.

Would you recommend using a guide to meet me at the airport?

I have not booked a hotel but would like to stay in the old city.

I am looking forward to visiting the sauna you mentioned

Thanks

Fernando B. is a gay guide and agent. His website can be found via Tripadvisor. Do a google search by typing in his name and/or the words: gayguide in Salvador [bahia], Brasil. Your info. should come up. A friend of mine used his services last summer and was quite pleased. Fernando should be able to help you with any queries.

• Members

i did not call in for the last few days, because i had to catch up with my work, when i returned home. it was a beutiful trip with beautiful boys. i am posting toda a picture with vendors from ipanema beach, and a boy which i met at 117 last sunday in january....

i don't think that a lot of comment is needed.

post-126413-0-58796100-1391936573_thumb.

post-126413-0-70722500-1391936616_thumb.

• Members

the best is for the end.

the guy on the picture gave me a best fuck of my bazil trip. i took him home, and also went next morning to cafezinha for a great capiccino. i promised him 300 R, but gave him more, because he was great at 3 in the morning, and not to mention at 9 in the morning.

post-126413-0-56235900-1393173030_thumb.