Guest lurkerspeaks

Returning after almost three years

Guest lurkerspeaks

I just booked my flight to Rio for mid-March. My last trip to the marvelious city was back in June of 2013. Last night I found a great apartment on Airbnb but when I went back to book it tonite, I could not find it. So still working on where I will stay. Next up is to get a new Brazilian Visa since mine expired. So much to get done and only a couple of months to get it done.

So excited to go back to Rio for both the boys and the baby chickens of Gallitos Grill

It is a good idea to begin the process of obtaining a visa as soon as possible. Most Brazilian consulates now require an appointment in order to submit a visa application and it can take time to get an appointment. For example I just noticed that the next available appointment time at the Los Angeles consulate is on February 24. And it can then take another week or 10 days for the visa to be issued.

Have a great time in Brazil!

Guest lurkerspeaks

apartment in Ipanema (Airbnb) is confirmed. Visa application has been completed and fed ex-ed. I will be arriving on Wed Mar 16, and departing on Mon Mar 22..

and Lurker will be staying about a 1/2 block from my apartment and i will be there the first 4 days of his stay! I was also there on his last trip 3 years ago.....it must be God's plan!

6 day is really short.

Not everyone has the time or money to go for longer visits so they go when they can, which is way better then not going at all.

Have a great time in Brazil!

I’ve always enjoyed visiting Brazil from my first trip in 2002 up to my last of 2011. Right now I am hoping to return in 2017, revisiting Rio, Salvador (Bahia), Sao Paulo, and perhaps a couple of other places which will be new for me. Thus far, I’ve been to the major geographical areas of Brazil. This was mentioned to me by my late travel agent in 2007 or 2008.

apartment in Ipanema (Airbnb) is confirmed. Visa application has been completed and fed ex-ed. I will be arriving on Wed Mar 16, and departing on Mon Mar 22..

Enjoy immensely as previously! ^_^^_^

I usually go for 10 days, so I can spend one weekend either at the end or beginning of the trip to go to Porto Alegre(which imho is only a weekend place) after 10 days I am ready to go home.

• Members

My first time was 2 weeks in Rio last month. This is my 2nd time now, also 2 weeks: one week in SP, one week Rio.

I plan to come back in June for a month and join my Brazilian friends in the gay pride parade in SP. Next winter, I plan to stay the whole max 90 days visa allowance per visit. I will be happy to escape the cold winter in the states.

I really should learn Portuguese.

• Members

My first time was 2 weeks in Rio last month. This is my 2nd time now, also 2 weeks: one week in SP, one week Rio.

I plan to come back in June for a month and join my Brazilian friends in the gay pride parade in SP. Next winter, I plan to stay the whole max 90 days visa allowance per visit. I will be happy to escape the cold winter in the states.

I really should learn Portuguese.

Just a suggestion, but instead of staying the entire 90 days at once, you'd be better off staying a few days less just in case of an emergency. In the event that something unforeseen comes up and you have to overstay your visa even by 1 day, you might have a very big problem entering the country again.

• Members

Just a suggestion, but instead of staying the entire 90 days at once, you'd be better off staying a few days less just in case of an emergency. In the event that something unforeseen comes up and you have to overstay your visa even by 1 day, you might have a very big problem entering the country again.

Good point. thanks.

Tomcal with your permisison,

Why is PA worth a weekend visit?

Are the saunas, garotos or sex there different from other places?

Porto Alegre is a city with about 1.5 million people in it's Metro area, but feels smaller and as far as nightlife..i.e. saunas, it's really only good on the weekends.. Sundays are OK, and Mon - Thur. very slow. Why it is worth going to, is that for the 2 or 3 nights it is open it is very good and Mezziniu Sauna is, IMHO, the nicest sauna in Brazil. The owner built it as a new building designed from the ground up to be a sauna, it is not converted from something else like most others. As you can see from the photos it is two story with a glassed in shower in the bar area. It has 15 suites all with double or queen size beds and bathrooms attached. The population of So.Brazil is very European looking with Porto Alegre specifically having residents from Germany,Poland and No. Italy, and the guys working in the saunas reflect this. Here are some photos of the sauna and of some guys that come from POA

post-119356-0-11975200-1453736673_thumb.

post-119356-0-40570900-1453736680_thumb.

post-119356-0-99759700-1453736692_thumb.

post-119356-0-13883500-1453736704_thumb.

Thx Tomcal,

I get the pro (building), but since I prefer the Latin type rather than the European, I guess that's a con for me..... ?

I would guess so! :-) I am fortunate I don't have a Type! I have preferences but I usually am happy with what is available at where ever I am! :-)

Guest colina77

I am going with a friend to Buenos Aires for the month of March. I was intending to fly to Porto Alegre for a weekend during this month but I neglected to leave enough time to get a Brazilian Visa. Here in Vancouver, the wait is 35 days for a visa from the Brazilian Consulate. Does anyone have any experience getting a visa from the Brazilian Consulate in Buenos Aires, would they be any quicker considering that they are neighboring countries.

• Members

I am going with a friend to Buenos Aires for the month of March. I was intending to fly to Porto Alegre for a weekend during this month but I neglected to leave enough time to get a Brazilian Visa. Here in Vancouver, the wait is 35 days for a visa from the Brazilian Consulate. Does anyone have any experience getting a visa from the Brazilian Consulate in Buenos Aires, would they be any quicker considering that they are neighboring countries.

Are you aware that there are many visa service companies that claim they can get you a Brazilian visa in one day?

The fee for the rapid service varies. The visa, itself, is $160.00 and the service could be as much as $180.00 additional.

Here is but one such service - http://samedaypassport-visa.com/la/visa/brazil/fees-processing-times/

Check Google for other similar type services.

Getting a Brazil visa from Argentina might work but it could be easier and faster if you use one of the rapid visa services.

Good luck -

Guest lurkerspeaks

Five weeks to go.. Today I picked up my "starter" Brazilian money from my bank. I got an email that the Visa company completed my Visa and is shipping it back to me today... so I am all set..

Guest lurkerspeaks

Three weeks and counting. Can't wait to return to Rio. And to add to the excitement, Tomcal will be around the first few days I am there. We will be neighbors as out apartments are about a block apart.