Guest lurkerspeaks

Returning after almost three years

Guest lurkerspeaks

I am flying on United, thru IAH to GIG. The segment from IAH to GIG will be on a 787-9 dreamliner. This will be my first trip on the dreamliner. I hope it is all that the reviews make it out to be..

Guest Captainmick

I am flying on United, thru IAH to GIG. The segment from IAH to GIG will be on a 787-9 dreamliner. This will be my first trip on the dreamliner. I hope it is all that the reviews make it out to be..

The Dreamliner experience all depends which cabin you are flying in. Business Class is excellent - although the plane seems noisier as a result of carbon fibre design. In economy class, it has been dubbed the "Nightmareliner". Originally designed by Boeing to have eight seats across in economy, most Airlines including United have discovered they can squeeze in 9 by installing a 3-3-3 config. They do this by reducing the width of the seat from 18" on board the 777 or 767 to 17.3" on the 787 Nightmareliner.

Guest lurkerspeaks

In just 18 hours, I will be boarding the plane on my way to Rio, by way of Houston. Have plans to meet Tomcal for lunch at 12:30 on Wednesday. As the song says.. So many men, so little time..

Here is the Airbnb apartment I have rented. It is in Ipanema, directly next to the General Osirio subway stop and overlooking the park that hosts the Sunday Hippie Faire

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8981357?eluid=1&euid=b68cac57-3d4f-d34e-20dd-658f10f8f869

Muito obrigado, Lurker- Sorry to be getting with thanks, but I have not been here for almost 2 weeks.

I made it to Rio. Getting settled in to my apt and meeting Tomcal in about 30 minutes for lunch

How about actually posting something that you have done that is interesting....

I can not be the only person that is wondering why you keep giving updates about NOTHING....

I get it, you are super excited and hyped but please consider your audience and post something interesting

How about actually posting something that you have done that is interesting....

I can not be the only person that is wondering why you keep giving updates about NOTHING....

I get it, you are super excited and hyped but please consider your audience and post something interesting

He has been there less than a day! What do you want, pics from his LAST trip? :P

Be assured eye candy and stories will be shortly forthcoming.

He has been there less than a day! What do you want, pics from his LAST trip? :P

Be assured eye candy and stories will be shortly forthcoming.

My response was to all the previous posts about the trip that said pretty much nothing....

In just 18 hours, I will be boarding the plane on my way to Rio, by way of Houston. Have plans to meet Tomcal for lunch at 12:30 on Wednesday. As the song says.. So many men, so little time..

10 days to go.....

Maybe some of the guys do get as equally as excited as he is reading this stuff.....

• Members

It is said of being a pilot that it is hours and hours and hours of boredom followed by a few minutes of extreme excitment (as during an emergency). I train for the excitment but prefer the boredom.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I am flying on United, thru IAH to GIG. The segment from IAH to GIG will be on a 787-9 dreamliner.

This will be my first trip on the dreamliner. I hope it is all that the reviews make it out to be..

Here is a link to Boeing's original inspiration for preparing the seating chart for the Dreamliner:

https://www.google.com.br/search?safe=active&q=us+troops&tbm=isch&imgil=ilLyzCvWu33pNM%253A%253B9Ux9ohiMcIXh5M%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.pinterest.com%25252Fpin%25252F338544096964729968%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&tbs=simg:CAESyAEaxQELEKjU2AQaAggADAsQsIynCBpiCmAIAxIo5RffHuAe3h7cHucX1R7bHt0egAzTK8M54C2_1K8E57DntOcQ5_1z7yLhowINAEL8JF7anF9tca8MWFedZKHYl1fSdiNddLZhFbiXVIdNVKNFYL4Vp_1TepUPwYHIAMMCxCOrv4IGgoKCAgBEgT3wHJRDAsQne3BCRozCgYKBGFybXkKCgoIbWlsaXRhcnkKCQoHc29sZGllcgoHCgV0cm9vcAoJCgdtaWxpdGlhDA&fir=ilLyzCvWu33pNM%253A%252C9Ux9ohiMcIXh5M%252C_&usg=__9l_B_lzDqq9lVs2CEuOKQ1myy_Y%3D&biw=1366&bih=633&ved=0ahUKEwiEqILM8MjLAhXDHZAKHT4cAfYQyjcIPw&ei=cD7rVoSwIMO7wAS-uISwDw#imgrc=ilLyzCvWu33pNM%3A

Just kidding about the inspiration. I added the crowded photo (above link) for purposes of humor (I hope).

As is describe in post # 28 up thread (which is accurate), the seats in this aircraft are smaller than are seats in other Boeing long-range aircraft.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I dont want to bore the likes of Badboy with my boring writings. If anyone cares to know about my trip, feel free to PM me. In my humble opinion, It is attitudes like Badboys that are contributing to the demise of this board.

• Members

Lurker,

Go ahead and bore the rest of us ;) I'm happy to participate in/bear witness to your anticipation, but I'm definitely excited to hear your on-the-ground reporting. I'm excited myself for my trip, which is less than a month away now. I'll be writing my own report soon enough.

I dont want to bore the likes of Badboy with my boring writings. If anyone cares to know about my trip, feel free to PM me. In my humble opinion, It is attitudes like Badboys that are contributing to the demise of this board.

• Members

Hi Luker, first time I address you on this forum, but you can be sure there is a sizable audience eager to hear about your staying in Brazil, the fact you were away for 3 years makes it even more compelling, you certainly will perceive changes that other frequent travellers would be oblivious to. I can't figure out how anyone intersted on the Brazilian sauna scene would pass on your input. I will be PMeing you and would be very happy with any report.

You are right about this forum, is going down down, who could do something about it is not willing to take the right action, maybe is the reason your friend Tomcal is not a regular member anymore and despite the fact that he is currently in Brazil we will not have his outstanding insights. What a waste!

Guest lurkerspeaks

ok here goes. First of all, let me say that I am typing this on a new tablet with keyboard which I am not used to, so if I have a typo or two, please don't send out the typing police.

I arrived Wed morning. The weather was on the warm side, with overcast, cloudy skies. I made it thru customs quickly and got a cab to take me to my apartment in Ipanema. Traffic was already pretty bad. It took a little over an hour to get from the airport to Ipanema. My apartment building is directly in front of the General Osorio metro station. Literally 20 steps from the front door of my building to the stairway down the metro. The apartment, while a small one bedroom, is clean and comfortable. The price vs location cannot be beat.

Met up with Tomcal for lunch at my favorite "baby chicken" place, Galitos grill. We talked and got caught up over lunch. Following a leisurely lunch and a stop at Citibank ATM, we parted ways to rest up for the evenings adventure. I came back to my empty apartment, while Tom went to his "un empty" apartment. I won't say anymore on that subject since I don't have his permission to tell....LOL

By 3:30 or so, it started pouring down rain. Since my apartment has wifi, I logged into Grinder to see what comes up.. Lots of guys on there, many with $$ involved. I changed my profile to "Programma?" to see what would come of it. I got lots of messages from guys, some cute, some not so cute. So far though, I haven't responded to any of them yet.

Wednesday night, we met up at Pointe 202. Acyr, the owner of Meio Mundo, also purchased the Pointe not too long ago. He has done a little painting, but other than that, the place is still in need of a major facelift. Leaky roof from the rain, ripped, peeling leatherette couches, AC in need of maintenance. Lucky for most of us, the physical building is not what we come to Rio for...It started off slow, but as the evening progressed, more and more boys showed up. The current entry fee is $R57. Seems high from a Brazilian standpoint, but with the current exchange rate that is about $15 USD. The going rate is $R100 for a programma (about $37 USD). Still all types of boys, young, old, tall, short, smooth, hairy, and most, but not all, have big dicks.

I am going to post in sections, so I don't accidently delete my own writings. If anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to ask them and I will answer to the best of my ability.

Thanks for the updates LurkerSpeaks. I am glad you survived your ride on the Nightmareliner

I appreciate your taking the time to begin your adventures in writing while you're there. Continue to enjoy yourself and take in "The Marvelous City," again after a three year hiatus. My last time in Rio after ten previous trips was in 2011, and I truly yearn to return in 2017. Currently, I'm mentally planning! :smile: -Axiom-

Guest lurkerspeaks

I will post more thoughts/notes/summation when I get back home on Tues. This tablet I have with me now is not cooperating. Everytime I get a paragraph or two types, I keep accidentally erasing everything.

Guest lurkerspeaks

On a funny note- the buses here have signs on the front which say where they are headed. When I first arrived, I noticed several which read "Troncal". At first, I thought it said Tomcal, and that they needed buses to bring all the boys to Tom's apartment.