Badboy81

Badboys August 2017 Trip-Recap

Amazing trip...

Went to 117 Thursday, Friday and Saturday...

Friday definitely made up for Thursday....Saturday was a waste of time....I ended up ending one date early so that I could go and then planned another date to the movie theater in Botofago...

The weather during the day was nice on all the days I was there...windy and in the 70s...Not what I am used to but bearable....nights were chilly...

It was funny to see Cariocas dressed up in full winter clothes...boots and all while others had on their flip flops and t-shirts...

I wasn't able to see the major effects of the economy in Copa or Ipanema or even in Lapa where I was hanging out but friends did tell me that it is bad and will get worse before it gets better....And I heard that stores were closing all around the city including Barra...where all the malls are

I discussed the possibility of purchasing an apartment when the economy gets worse but that was shot down...we will see how that goes...

Overall, I think Rio is prime for investment because no matter what season I go, I always see tons of tourists from all over...

Now to the good stuff....I definitely saw some new faces in the sauna because of the economy and unemployment...

Friday was packed with clients and boys and the atmosphere was lively...

Rates are still the same, are they were for me...

I connected with two very hot guys....22 and 23 that I will see again on ongoing trips as long as they want...

Aside from the beach, Happy Hour in Cinelindia area...Lapa and the saunas, I didn't venture out to do much....A couple of streets festivals...there was a fancyish beer fest in the Ipanema Park that featured beer and tons of burgers all over the place...No idea burgers were that popular in Rio....like gourmet, upscale burgers....

Still tons of eye candy on the street, in the subway...Ipanema was decent on Saturday...did not go on Sunday...

Most people simply on the beach since the water was incredibly cold.....the sun was shining...

Looking forward to my new trips to my favorite city on earth...

Guest KevinC
3 hours ago, Badboy81 said:

I always stay in Copacabana in the same hotel....good guess

Based on my humble and limited knowledge, Ipanema is very high end. LOL.

Guest bobbalino

Tourism volumes are deceptive up close. Compared to this time last year for 2017, hotel forward bookings for New Years "Reveillon" and 2018 Carnival are down 50%; Rio tour packages for these events are down to 40% of last year's bookings. Airbnb occupancy tends to be under 40%, among the lowest in the world. This summer the newer-built Barra hotel occupancy has hovered around 5%. 

The economy may depreciate home sale list prices somewhat, but relying on tourism to help carry the forward costs of a purchase is an "iffy" prospect compared to hotspots France, USA, Spain and, you guessed it, China.

Owner-occupied in Rio would seem to be feasible. 

yes they are Cornish game hens, but since they are very small, they call them "baby chickens !  You can get them with 3 different sauces, mild , spicy and Hot..Caliente!  its not that hot, but then again I am used to Mexican food!   great place to people watch especially the gay bar ToNemAi across the street from the restaurant.(last 2 pics)

It is on the corner of R. Farme de Amoedo and R. Visconde de Piraja, 2 blocks in from the gay beach, Posto 9 in Ipanema.

galitos.jpg

galitos_003.jpg

tonemai.jpg

tonemai_002.jpg

8 hours ago, Tomcal said:

yes they are Cornish game hens, but since they are very small, they call them "baby chickens !  You can get them with 3 different sauces, mild , spicy and Hot..Caliente!  its not that hot, but then again I am used to Mexican food!   great place to people watch especially the gay bar ToNemAi across the street from the restaurant.(last 2 pics)

It is on the corner of R. Farme de Amoedo and R. Visconde de Piraja, 2 blocks in from the gay beach, Posto 9 in Ipanema.

galitos.jpg

galitos_003.jpg

tonemai.jpg

tonemai_002.jpg

Thanks for the history lesson and very detailed explanation...

The beloved gay bar is currently undergoing renovations...as of last week...

And there is a new chicken/tapas restaurant opening 5 steps down from Galitos to get some of those gay dollars Rio loves so much...

And yes, Tom...the hot chicken is not hot at all..In fact, I almost think they use the same sauce for each temperature...

I can tell you I am looking forward to more of that chicken and more yakisoba when I got back in October and December...

Guest bobbalino

Badboy or others, what is the norm for massage rates on the beach? I planned a massage with one provider and was quoted a rate comparable to a sauna programa. He had gone hours without any business.

I pay the equivalent of 250 reais plus 15% sales tax locally at home for an hour, so I am fine with the Ipanema rate ... just curious as a newbie to praia rubdowns.

Brief aside: another provider suddenly showed up and caused a scene cuz hours before he had solicited my biz as I stepped off the boardwalk. Evidently, the expectation was that he was first in line. That soured the whole thing and I said to my prospective guy: you know, I don't really need the massage now ... I will catch you another time when there is less drama. 

i thought it would not be relaxing to have the resentful interloper fuming in the vicinity. I just had a 2nd caipirinha metade-metade vodka-cachaça instead.

Anyway, about the price?

• Members
On 9/2/2017 at 8:51 AM, bobbalino said:

i thought it would not be relaxing to have the resentful interloper fuming in the vicinity. I just had a 2nd caipirinha metade-metade vodka-cachaça instead.

Anyway, about the price?

I love my caipirinhas although I can't handle them;  ...an absolute tea-totaler in daily life, 365 while at home, but for some reason-- I really like the taste. 

On 9/2/2017 at 0:04 PM, young11 said:

any links to this guy? Would be happy to have a good massage but those are hard to find....

Sorry I used to have his card and magnet which Ill look for but he does massages in Copa right past the Marriott....His set up is a tent that has some lacy curtain like things....Older white Carioca who understand English well enough and has his rates posted....He is amazing...I have been going to him for years....

• Members

Last night was free cabin night at 117 , yet it was dead until about 6, when the bearded body builders showed up. There were quite a few, but I don't go for that look, so it didn't help me.

i have noticed decreased attendance at 117, but it is off season.. I had a similar experience last Saturday that the OP reports. It was a complete waste of time at both 117 and 202. The guys must have to satisfy their women on Saturdays.

The hottest guy yet was at Point 202 last Thursday , but have not seen him since. Hopefully he will reappear.

Does anyone know if Meio Mundo has good nights other than Monday? I missed that one.

11 hours ago, Lucky said:

Last night was free cabin night at 117 , yet it was dead until about 6, when the bearded body builders showed up. There were quite a few, but I don't go for that look, so it didn't help me.

i have noticed decreased attendance at 117, but it is off season.. I had a similar experience last Saturday that the OP reports. It was a complete waste of time at both 117 and 202. The guys must have to satisfy their women on Saturdays.

The hottest guy yet was at Point 202 last Thursday , but have not seen him since. Hopefully he will reappear.

Does anyone know if Meio Mundo has good nights other than Monday? I missed that one.

I was wondering if people still go to Mundo or Pointe...I havent been to either since last year...

When Im Rio for two weeks for New Years, ill have time to go to all the saunas and give reviews....

The last time I went to Mundo on a Monday, since they are the only sauna open on Monday, It was really, really good....

The last time I went to point, I dont even think I paid, I think I told the front desk guy I needed to step outside and would come right back after being there for all of 3 minutes and seeing it was completely dead....

It definitely has to do with the time of year that you are in Rio....during summer or the holiday seasons, it is definitely crowded and tons of out of towner sauna guys are working in town...

Guest bobbalino
On 2017-09-06 at 8:27 AM, Lucky said:

... bearded body builders showed up ... The guys must have to satisfy their women on Saturdays 

Kkkkk ... or ARE the women their beards?!

Guest bobbalino
3 hours ago, msc4now said:

Great information. I'm going to Rio in October. Can you give me an idea on costs for the boys in the sauna now?  I know that each sets their own price but wasn't sure what the average rates are now.  Thank you!

Please, I am begging, can admin or another poster who knows how start a dedicated "pin" thread among the top LatinAmer headings for this Groundhog Day topic. Eg, "Brazilian Rentboy Prices" !? I think it makes sense to keep this as a separate theme. Obrigado.

• Members

Today is a holiday in Brazil. In honor of same, Point 202 held a party last night, which is their free cabin night. I was thankful to tomcal for notifying me of the party because the place was just hopping. It was very festive. They also have a really cute guy working the front desk.

i kept my clothes on as I have a minor cold, and sat to myself. The cutest guy in the entire place approached me and did the usual sexo sexo spiel. I was flattered because I was probably the oldest guy there. I told him about my little cold, and said we couldn't kiss. He said why not an erotic massage? Duh! Of course. I asked how much this virile and beautiful stud wanted, and he played no games- -100R. I said okay and we went to get a room. Well, sorry sir, there was about a 40 minute wait. So stud put us on the list, and then, shockingly, spent the entire 45. Inutes sitting with me, cuddling, etc He didn't have to do that, he could have suggested we meet back there in 40 minutes. But we had a pleasant time and I felt I knew him a bit when we got to the room.

This guy is hot, and he did start the massage, but with a hard cock -------deleted -------- the massage was quickly forgotten. He was not a clock watcher either and after 35 minutes we were ready to move on. A nice guy. The husband is hiring him tonight.So Point 202 lives another day.