sanddunes

The Sao Paulo diaries

• Members
3 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

This was still going on a little in Lagoa as of 2015 with one particular aspiring, perhaps even working, supermodel and a few well-heeled Paulistinho greybeards. And in 117 in Rio, there were 1-2 as late as 2015 that were spotted clothing-only, “exclusively” speaking with a supposedly higher-end client. However, by mid-2016, those two garotos were in towel and available to other clients (although their prices were on the higher end of the spectrum).

Disclaimer, for those of you dizzy, ditzy gringos who are thinking they could pull this off, too: the clients that these “exclusive” GPs met also did not disrobe — however, they did not meet any other garotos during their visit. It was clear that these were pre-arranged meetings. You are probably NOT going to meet and hookup with these guys just by keeping your slacks and button-down shirt on at the sauna.

Prior to 2015, when I used to be regularly at Lagoa (by that I mean 4 trips to SP a year, visiting the place several times on each visit), it was a recurring scene, nowadays it seems it has been tamed to a certain point, still the dressed Lagoa boy (on designer labels of course) with a snotty attitude to anyone who doesn't belong to his clique still can be found on the premises.

I never noticed anything similar in Rio. There are no model types (not a model city to begin with), the patrons don't have anywhere the money paulistas do (the richest city in the Americas out of US and Canada-by far) and neither 202 or 117 has the ambience for a demi-monde situation. By the way, for many years towels are mandatory at 117, unless the boy in on it's way out and decides briefly talk to someone.

Important: Foreigners and non-paulistas are a major no-no!. What use daddy has if he might not be around when you need him the most?

• Members
2 hours ago, Gotti said:

Important: Foreigners and non-paulistas are a major no-no!. What use daddy has if he might not be around when you need him the most?

Those in this category will simply be used for tertiary sources of mad money when The Local Sugar Daddy (o papaizinho local) is unavailable or says “não” to that new pricey electronic toy or designer sneakers. That’s what Western Union, and more lately, PayPal, Cash App, Venmo, Xoom, Google Pay,  Apple Pay and Facebook Messenger Pay are for!

• Members
34 minutes ago, Gotti said:

Yeah, and they will be (as usual) without instant gratification, wiring the money but if they get on their knees there will be nothing in return...

18 minutes ago, Lucky said:

Snooty is not appealing, young or old.

I wholeheartedly agree, Lucky!

• Members

Tonight I went to Chilli Pepper Sauna, and was pretty disappointed.  It is in an extremely run down area near the centro, with multitudes of homeless zombie-like people roaming around.  Needless to say, you should uber straight to the door if you go there.

The sauna is huge, with 3 floors and with an outdoor pool area.  Entrance is 65 reals on the weekends.  I was expecting a larger version of Rio G Spa, but in reality it was more similar to the rundown Cinelandia theaters.  EXTREMELY dark inside.  Basically the sauna is one big dark room.  It was pretty dirty, condoms and wrappers everywhere, smells of urine.  It is clear they don’t have a large cleaning staff.

There were several hundred guys, but most were the kind of guys you would expect to find cruising in pitch black darkness.

The steam room had a strange smell.

Seedy and dark rooms are not my scene at all.  I realize they appeal to some, but they are just a total turn off to me.

I left after about an hour...

Does anyone know if Sao Paulo has a non-garoto sauna more similar to Rio G?

• Members
13 minutes ago, sanddunes said:

Tonight I went to Chilli Pepper Sauna, and was pretty disappointed.  It is in an extremely run down area near the centro, with multitudes of homeless zombie-like people roaming around.  Needless to say, you should uber straight to the door if you go there.

The sauna is huge, with 3 floors and with an outdoor pool area.  Entrance is 65 reals on the weekends.  I was expecting a larger version of Rio G Spa, but in reality it was more similar to the rundown Cinelandia theaters.  EXTREMELY dark inside.  Basically the sauna is one big dark room.  It was pretty dirty, condoms and wrappers everywhere, smells of urine.  It is clear they don’t have a large cleaning staff.

There were several hundred guys, but most were the kind of guys you would expect to find cruising in pitch black darkness.

Seedy and dark rooms are not my scene at all.  I realize they appeal to some, but they are just a total turn off to me.

Thanks for the report. I was also planning to go to chilli pepper on my next trip end of May, but based on this I will pass. I also can’t handle weird smells. 

Your reports are great to get usable info, @sanddunes

• Members
1 hour ago, sanddunes said:

You really should have first done a search on this forum. There was just recently a conversation about Chili Pepper and it was mostly described the way you just did (for better or for worse). So, if that wasn’t your speed, then you wouldn’t have had to waste your time.

As for non-garoto saunas, I know there are a few in Sampa, like Wild Thermas. However, as non-payboy saunas aren’t really my thing, I have not been to any in the many trips I have made to São Paulo. One or two of my travel  buddies did go to Wild Thermas and they both said they enjoyed it.

Did you at least check the Vamosgay site first? It lists saunas and sex parlors in Samoa, and their site tends to stay up-to-date. I believe this list was last updated in April 2017:

http://vamosgay.com/latin-america/brazil/sao-paulo/gay-saunas-cinemas-and-sex-clubs-of-sao-paulo-brazil/

• Members

I seem to remember the conversation about Chili Pepper revolving mostly around people saying the guys there weren’t as hot as you would find for pay at Lagoa, etc.

Nobody described it as being the giant blackout-dark, dirty sauna that it is.  Although most saunas have dark rooms, here the entire place, even the locker rooms are dark.  The few lights they do have in the place are small red lightbulbs.  It felt like a weird sex dungeon.

Wild Thermas is apparently also very dark, and someone told me on Sundays it is mandatory to be nude there (no towels allowed). 

It is hard to know from a list like vamosgay has which saunas are actually good.  A lot of saunas are dead, have a not so good crowd, etc. and the only way to know that is from people who have actually been there..

• Members
6 hours ago, sanddunes said:

Thank you for your report which agrees with some of my earlier posts reporting about that awful place.  

You did not mention that the "sauna" is also a hotel.  Was that omission intentional?

I cannot imagine how anyone could actually sleep in that "hotel" or feel safe to leave their luggage.  

Apparently, many people do use it as a hotel.

Not long ago, there were a few posts on this forum recommending this place.  I tried not to be too critical about the place in my warnings to avoid it.  Your report mirrors my reaction to the place and I wish I had been more blunt when I described my reaction to my one visit there.  

I won't be returning to that dump.  

• Members
6 hours ago, sanddunes said:

It is hard to know from a list like vamosgay has which saunas are actually good.  A lot of saunas are dead, have a not so good crowd, etc. and the only way to know that is from people who have actually been there..

I remember the conversation a bit differently. The most recent one about Chili Pepper (in which you and I both participated) had users that have Been there at least once — with most giving it unfavorable reviews. Comments regarding not only about the unattractiveness of the customers, but also a general feeling of lack of safety and expressed intent never to return by several trusted regular posters here were made. To me, that says “caveat emptor!” (Buyer Beware!), all day long. Were there any express remarks about the lighting in the place, the off-putting smell, or the labyrinth-like setup? No, but if after all the negative reviews, the only things that may have prevented you from going are those things, then perhaps that should be expressed. 

A search on Google would’ve rendered this GayCities page with comments such as these (the very things you mention here that concern you): “basically a huge darkroom where it's fairly difficult to figure out who's the owner of the hand that's touching you”, “A little bit dark and dirty.. Seems to be a place without someone to manage properly”. Nighttours reviews in the comments: “Place smells like ass in some areas that could use some hygiene”, “Horrible, no customer service, bartenders unfriendly,I got robbed by the cleaner”.

https://saopaulo.gaycities.com/bathhouses/304482-chilli-pepper-hrs

For the record, I don’t care much for saunas without garotos, dark rooms, or off-putting smells — but if there were extraordinarily fine (not just average) men in the joint (which Chili Pepper doesn’t have, by most reports), I’d gladly suffer through! 

Regarding the safety of the area, the hotel/sauna is on the edge of the Santa Cecília and República neighborhoods — both are particularly dodgy and dicey at night. The Largo do Arouche Avenue (where Chili Pepper is on) that runs through Republica is well-known for lower-end, at-your-own-risk gay hustler and trans hooker cruising, and the Praça de República area can be a mix of street urchins, hustlers, travelers, locals and muggings. It’s not exactly for The Uninitiated!  That being said, as I am very initiated into that “fraternity”, I enjoy staying in that area — as it is very convenient, a main Metro station is right there, there are a few lower-end gay bars and establishments in the Republica area as well as some very decent hotels. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Riobard said:

At the risk of pretense, here's supply chain evidence of that sweet yeasty Fênix Lan net café trouser trout. The place sounds compensatory following underwhelmed palates at Chili Pepper. 

IMG_1832.PNG

I assume that your post is meant to represent where the internet shop I described is located.

The photo shows an address on Viera Carvalho. 

The intenet shop I described in my post is located on Rua Aurora - near the corner of Aurora and Viera Carvalho.

The photo, with the truck blocking the view, does not look like the correct place I described. 

Furthermore, the internet shop that I described is not as close to Viera Carvalho as is shown in the photo.  

Maybe you can find a different photo of an internet shop in the area described with the correct street name showing.

• Members

No sweat ... this was the address and location of the one net café that emerged pinned in a map search, across from Bourbon. And it had a review from a cute guy (not that that alone verifies anything).

Would that I could magically dispatch a towtruck to streetview.

I hope I did not steer anyone off course, mvan. You are a local expert and your recommendations are highly valued, particularly this little gem you pulled out of your treasure trove of experience. 

You may have spared me sitting down panties to my knees in a family-geared bodega!

• Members

About this thread more recently, I enjoyed the OP's sharing about the 'daddy' urgings and the 2nd contrasting hot guy. Glad my next touchdown south commences in Paulista territory!

I also like to witness all the reviews of establishments. Sometimes they will be positive, sometimes the other direction, sometimes concur or not with others, sometimes referencing antecedent reviews sometimes not. However they roll out, it is entirely possible to see them as stand-alone attempts at generously contributing overall to the large accumulation of content typically occurring in a popular forum.

A free rein, reign free, works best ... particularly since so many members already tune in without broadcasting. That is OK too. 

Preferences are just that, not rules. Our Mummys and Daddys (no word play intended) set us up adequately on the compliance front.

• Members
35 minutes ago, Gotti said:

Looking at Google maps, there is an Internet shop nearby called "Eros", wouldn't be it? The name has potential...

See if this link will open:

hl=en&pb=!1s0x94ce584f885723fb:0xba157b27cbe2752e!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m16!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!2m2!1m1!1e5!2m2!1m1!1e4!2m2!1m1!1e6!3m1!7e115!4zL21hcHMvcGxhY2UvRXJvcytTaG9wK0NpbmUrViVDMyVBRGRlbytDb20lQzMlQTlyY2lvK2UrTG9jYSVDMyVBNyVDMyVBM28rZGUrRml0YXMrZStWJUMzJUFEZGVvcytTJUMzJUEzbytQYXVsbystK1NQLCswMTA0NC0wMDAsK0JyYXppbC9ALTIzLjU0MTg4MTQsLTQ2LjY0MzIyNTYsM2EsNzV5LDMwNS40NWgsOTB0L2RhdGE9ITNtNCExZTEhM20yITFzYTEtd3FNeUFGX1lvNnVzeURMSzhndyEyZTAhNG0yITNtMSExczB4OTRjZTU4NGY4ODU3MjNmYjoweGJhMTU3YjI3Y2JlMjc1MmU!5sEros+Shop+Cine+Vídeo+Comércio+e+Locação+de+Fitas+e+Vídeos+São+Paulo+-+SP,+01044-000,+Brazil+-+Google+Search&imagekey=!1e2!2sa1-wqMyAF_Yo6usyDLK8gw&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8u_C_dDaAhXqxlQKHQIRAwEQpx8IdDAL

If it opens, when you move the screen around, you will see the building that contains the internet shop aka Eros .  

If it will not open, the address is 740 Aurora (or that general area) signs on building will say internet. 

The earlier post that shows a truck is wrong.  That is not the correct place - That post only adds confusion to finding the correct place.  Therefore, ignore the post that shows the truck.

If the above link will not open, try to find a map of the area - use 740 or 772 Rua Aurora - Centro  in your search

The goal is to find the shop that has a hanging sign that says "internet"

• Members

A thousand pardons ... that culpirit would be me. At the streetview address I provided, in the vicinity, exists a net cafe called LAN House. 

One Yelp reviewer (they are minimal) uses it for biz. He said he found it convenient but "peculiar" (actual term) ... because after 22:00 there is access to adult content that he implies alters the atmosphere. 

I did find one Fênix Lan cafe image at that address I provided, that apparently does not underscore the masturbatory agenda. But mvan professes his place is over on Aurora anyway, so this image I now attach only verifies net/xerox services similar to what the mystery place Eros likely provides.

mvan did not indicate earlier if he would provide the name and address. That called for patience on my part and for not assuming it would not be forthcoming. I did not leap without looking, but I did leap. ;)

IMG_1833.PNG

• Members

I am fairly certain that this Internet cafe with hustlers is right next to the small adult theatre Eros Cine Video on Rua Aurora, which is next to the red corner building (restaurant) posted in Riobard’s incorrect photo. The Internet cafe might be named Aurora Net Lan House, but I am not sure and I don’t think anyone knows its name! It has a small red neon “Internet” sign hanging in the front. This is a better, more accurate photo.

EAAE7ECD-414A-4E85-A7C5-46E021B8A6E3.jpeg

• Members

What remains confusing to me is that the available information points to Eros being a tape and video loja, notwithstanding the internet neon. But nearly adjacent to it is the Fênix LAN House café I referenced, that is unambiguously an internet-station establishment with one reviewer verifying its X-rated leanings.

All we need is somebody to put on their reconnaisance fatigues ... sanddunes, curiosity piqued?

There are two vid venues, separated at the cantilevered corner by a Peruvian restaurant. Who is to say peru is not served all round at all three with or without a side of pāo? 

Confusion aside, should be easy for an experienced truffle-pig.