sanddunes

The Sao Paulo diaries

• Members

Walking into the seedy underworld of Bar Fama, it’s clear this is not A List: Sao Paulo.  More like My Life on the D List.  

A trans-woman stands in one corner suggestively rubbing her nipple.  To her side, a hustler with a skinny body and busted face rubs what appears to be an enormous dick through gym shorts.  A large bin of condoms sits prominently on the bar.  

Various shady characters are roaming about.  Occasional gurgling noises can be heard coming from behind the black curtain towards the entrance.  I am unable to find the mythical blow-job railing, despite a thorough search.  

A drag queen is wearing an outfit I would describe as “homeless chic” and spastically dancing/having a seizure to an old showtune.  

I ask one hustler how much he wants: 30 reals for a blowjob.  Certainly, this is not a place for those with high ambitions.  

Although the price is right, I’m not horny enough to suck a dick in a dirty bathroom, and there is already a trans-woman being serviced behind the black curtain by a hustler with a noticeable belly.    

I hadn’t seen any of these hustlers at the saunas, and at least one was noticeably high.  To be fair, there were at least two (kind of) cute ones.  

Entrance was 30 reals which includes 20 reals worth of consumption.  I went on Saturday night around 1am.  It was interesting to visit, but I won’t return.  Those who like rough trade might enjoy it here...

1784B9E5-E4D9-4339-A9C3-7BF111225A0E.png

6 hours ago, sanddunes said:

Walking into the seedy underworld of Bar Fama, it’s clear this is not A List: Sao Paulo.  More like My Life on the D List.  

A trans-woman stands in one corner suggestively rubbing her nipple.  To her side, a hustler with a skinny body and busted face rubs what appears to be an enormous dick through gym shorts.  A large bin of condoms sits prominently on the bar.  

Various shady characters are roaming about.  Occasional gurgling noises can be heard coming from behind the black curtain towards the entrance.  I am unable to find the mythical blow-job railing, despite a thorough search.  

A drag queen is wearing an outfit I would describe as “homeless chic” and spastically dancing/having a seizure to an old showtune.  

I ask one hustler how much he wants: 30 reals for a blowjob.  Certainly, this is not a place for those with high ambitions.  

Although the price is right, I’m not horny enough to suck a dick in a dirty bathroom, and there is already a trans-woman being serviced behind the black curtain by a hustler with a noticeable belly.    

I hadn’t seen any of these hustlers at the saunas, and at least one was noticeably high.  To be fair, there were at least two (kind of) cute ones.  

Entrance was 30 reals which includes 20 reals worth of consumption.  I went on Saturday night around 1am.  It was interesting to visit, but I won’t return.  Those who like rough trade might enjoy it here...

1784B9E5-E4D9-4339-A9C3-7BF111225A0E.png

My kind of place! :cheer:

thks for the trip report.

• Members

I’m awakened this morning to an inspirational text from one of the guys at Lagoa.

”I am a person that never give up of my dream, and I want to tell you one think, Don’t you never give up, always thing positive and for sure the universe will bring what you look for.  Happy Sunday!”

A minute later, another text comes.

”Did I mess up thing and think again?  They are almost the same to me!”

To his credit, he is really trying, and speaks better English than I do Portuguese..

• Members

After waking up horny, I decided to order “room service.”  A guy on grindr who called himself Gabriel claimed “he could make my insides tingle.”

While that didn’t sound particularly erotic, his pictures were hot, and I decided to give him a chance.  

He came over within 30 minutes, gave me a massage, a blowjob in the shower, and then full service fucking with his mushroom-headed cock.  

Not a bad way to start another day in Sao Paulo...

E0EF0772-626F-48BD-9BAA-2FE329F4BCA3.jpeg

• Members

Hahaha ... I think that in Portuguese itch and tingle are loosely related, comichão, and may refer to a skin rash or less directly an insect swarm or infestation ... verb tingle is formigar and ant is formiga.

Gabriel is hot enough to really itch for, pubic lice and bed bugs be damned.

• Members

This afternoon I was bored and scrolling grindr when an intriguing message appeared.

”Wanna try my KING sized cock?”

When someone tells me their cock is “king” sized, they have my full attention.  And when their body and face are as beautiful as “King Carioca,” my only question was, when can you be here? 

This stud definitely delivered...how is it possible that Brazil seems to have endless numbers of HOT guys?  As the song goes “ooh heaven is a place on earth..”

39E64B65-D82D-4FE5-96BB-CE9934AF9595.jpeg

36 minutes ago, sanddunes said:

..how is it possible that Brazil seems to have endless numbers of HOT guys?  As the song goes “ooh heaven is a place on earth..”

Yet, as whores...we continue looking for the greener pasture of hot guys, great sex, big cocks......  At one point Cuba was right up there, NOT anymore.

• Members

What years was Cuba good for guys?  

The last time I went there most of the guys were not hot...Cubans in Miami are so much hotter than Cubans in Cuba.

Hardly anyone is on grindr and the guys on the streets were much too “rough trade” for me.  

I did meet one guy who I had a regular thing with when I was there (not for pay).  I still keep in touch with him.

I don’t think any other country compares to Brazil...

• Members
17 minutes ago, sanddunes said:

I don’t think any other country compares to Brazil... 

I agree, for now. 

There was a time when there were many other places in different parts of the world where it was possible to have as much fun as one currently can in Brazil.  

Sadly, most other places are now gone or markedly minimized. 

Barcelona has not yet met the same fate as the other places.  There remains much fun in Barcelona.   

When the decline of our scene began, it began with the police hassling the gay scene.  Later, drugs came along and changed things. 

Now, the internet is the culprit.   It is far easier to meet someone on the internet than through bars or elsewhere. 

But, ah, Brazil - the best place to be.  Saunas like no other country in the world.

For reasons I do not understand (but appreciate), Brazil still has that magic not found in most other parts of the world.    

Enjoy Brazil, it might be later than we think.  

• Members

It has been kind of sad to see how empty Lagoa has been most of the time that I’ve been in Sao Paulo.  The only really busy days are Friday and Saturday.  

I’m not sure how much money they actually make anymore.

Maybe I am just here during a slow month?  I could imagine in the late 90’s Lagoa being packed all the time though.

Sao Paulo is a massive city with 12 million people, and Lagoa is pretty much the only GP sauna around. According to tomcal, it will be gone within 2 years.

I hate that the sauna scene seems to be slowly dying out..

• Members
29 minutes ago, sanddunes said:

It has been kind of sad to see how empty Lagoa has been most of the time that I’ve been in Sao Paulo.  The only really busy days are Friday and Saturday.  

Maybe I am just here during a slow month?  I could imagine in the late 90’s Lagoa being packed all the time though.

Sao Paulo is a massive city with millions of people, and Lagoa is pretty much the only GP sauna around. According to tomcal, it will be gone within 2 years.

I don't think the saunas are dying.   In Sao Paulo, Lagoa is doing quite well.  On the other hand, Fragata is barely hanging on and could close at any time.  I don't bother to go to Fragata anymore.  

Have you checked the exchange rate for the U.S. dollar lately?  Today, Americans get more than 3.50 reais for one dollar.  

What does that mean?  It means the Brazilian economy is in the pits. 

Unemployment is high and those lucky enough to be working are earning low wages.  

The saunas do not rely on Americans to stay in business.  It is the local folks who go to the saunas and pay the fees to enter the saunas and pay to enjoy the garotos.   But, if the local folks do not have jobs or sufficient money, they do not go to the sauna or they limit how many times or how often they go.  

It is a vicious cycle.  If the clients don't have money to go to the sauna to meet garotos, the garotos do not go to the sauna because there will not be customers.   Worse, Rodolfo makes the garotos pay to get into the sauna.  

Saying it a different way, if a garoto goes to the sauna, the garoto has the expense of getting to the sauna (bus, metro or car) then has the expense of paying to get into the sauna.  If there are no customers, the garoto is worse off by going to the sauna because the garoto spent money and got nothing in return for his money paid out.  

Based on the reports you wrote, you visited Brazil at a great time.  

Also, you seemed to have good luck on grindr and other ways to meet garotos.  

12 minutes ago, sanddunes said:

Sao Paulo is a massive city with 12 million people, and Lagoa is pretty much the only GP sauna around. According to tomcal, it will be gone within 2 years.

1)You would be surprised at how much money a sauna makes! i know i was! with 2 busy nights a week a sauna is definitely in the black!...way in the black!  Now saying that,  i don’t do disagree with Mva’s comments! i think whenever the economy come back to some reasonable stage, 3 - 4 years maybe i can see the death of the saunas!  but as of 2 weeks ago the saunas scene was good in both Rio and SP! (on the days stated)

• Members

According to the garoto I’m friends with, he pays 20 reals for entrance.  Seems like it should be free...do all the saunas charge the garotos?

Is Rodolfo the large guy that takes the photos after the shows?

I agree there is still plenty of fun to be had at Lagoa now and even moreso in Rio (117 and Pointe were both much busier during the week)

When I say the saunas seem to be dying I’m referring to the fact a lot are closing when their leases are up because of the real estate value.  

If Lagoa closes in 2 years there literally won’t even be one good garoto sauna in the biggest city in Brazil (I guess another could open)

• Members
17 minutes ago, sanddunes said:

According to the garoto I’m friends with, he pays 20 reals for entrance.  Seems like it should be free...do all the saunas charge the garotos?

Is Rodolfo the large guy that takes the photos after the shows?

Most saunas charge garotos a small fee to enter and many garotos are let in to a sauna without paying.  However, Rodolfo charges garotos more than any other sauna.

Rodolfo does not make the connection - If a garoto does not come to his sauna, clients will not come because there would be no garoto.  However, Rodolfo does not see it that way.  He insists that garotos must pay despite the fact that clients only go to his sauna because of the garotos.   It seems there is some logic missing on Roldolfo's part.    

No, Rodolfo is not the large guy that takes the photos after the shows.  

• Members

Charging sex workers to do their jobs is a common practice not only in Brazil. In New York, I know for a fact that Adonis, the city main operator, charges all guys, they do lap dances events basically every night of the week (in different venues) and twice a month an "totally nude party" where the workers pay an astounding $50.00 to work (yes, US$), and they must be naked for several hours (the customers must remain dressed). By the way, an unmissable night in NYC!. After that, everyone will become a lot more picky when visiting Brazilian saunas.

9 hours ago, sanddunes said:

What years was Cuba good for guys?  

The last time I went there most of the guys were not hot...Cubans in Miami are so much hotter than Cubans in Cuba.

About 1999-2010

Anyone that has great looks has started a business, working for a private business or got off the island...there are a few cuties, but most are gay for pay and can't perform....they know a foreigner will still pay just to get rid of them....so works out for them, they make good money for doing nothing.