mvan1

What ever happened to Calvin Klein?

• Members

As many people know, Calvin Klein owns a house near Rio de Janeiro (or he did own one not long ago).  

About ten years ago, it was fairly common to see him at 117 and sometimes he went to Sao Paulo and he could be seen at Lagoa.  

I have not seen him for at least five years in the saunas.  

I remember reading that he met a handsome garoto in Rio and made the garoto one of his favorites.   The garoto became one of Klein's models.  This was probably five or more years ago.  

Has anyone seen Klein in the saunas?  

Just curious.  

Guest Larstrup

Calvin Klein, grief stricken to the grave, by the loss of his dearly departed Nick, has moved on to his new love Kevin Baker.  A moment of silence for him and his grief, please. In lieu of flowers.........:rolleyes:

83_C601_AF-8995-44_E4-8930-8_BBC27_B34_F

• Members

Years ago, CK met a Dominican on the island that he liked named Carlos (not sure if that’s his real name). I believe he may have actually met him at the defunct strip club cum hustler bar Stella’s, but not sure of the exact origin of their love affair. CK did what CK does best: he wooed him with visions of stardom as the next face of the brand, wash, rinse, repeat. The boy did do maybe one or two brief underwear ads for him, but then he did something that CK did not like — maybe he just sneezed the wrong way — and poor (literally and figuratively) Carlos was out on his fanny. He ended up back at Stella’s, demanding (but not necessary getting) high prices because he was a CK boy. 

That was probably 3 dozen CK boys ago. I don’t think I’ve seen CK in person since those days. But to answer your question, maybe he settled into a monogamous, loving relationship? And maybe I’m really LL Cool J.

• Members

Calvin does not own his brand anymore, and this is a fact for several years, the brand is owned by a conglomerate and they decide which way the advertising goes. Calvin has a "counselor" title, he can certainly make suggestions, but no longer make decisions, his power is over or severely diminished. He doesn't do any design either for nearly a decade, until recently the brand designer was a Brazilian named Francisco (for sure not one of his Brazilian boys). Calvin spend his days now decorating and re-decorating his many properties.

Back around 2005 or so, I was in 117 trying to seal the deal as it were with the latest love of my life for the evening when all of a sudden there was a commotion going on, with a lot of boys running toward the main lounge. Word was that Calvin Klein was there, and he was giving away free underwear. Now whether or not this was true, I don't know, as I never actually saw him, but my garoto ran off leaving me to find out, never to return. I decided then and there that I hated Calvin Klein! :angry: To add insult to injury my cologne of choice at the time was Eternity by Calvin Klein.

• Members
2 hours ago, groenthusiast said:

Back around 2005 or so, I was in 117 trying to seal the deal as it were with the latest love of my life for the evening when all of a sudden there was a commotion going on, with a lot of boys running toward the main lounge. Word was that Calvin Klein was there, and he was giving away free underwear. Now whether or not this was true, I don't know, as I never actually saw him, but my garoto ran off leaving me to find out, never to return. I decided then and there that I hated Calvin Klein! :angry: To add insult to injury my cologne of choice at the time was Eternity by Calvin Klein.

All I’m saying is, next time I’m there, I’m taking a big box of new underwear!

• Members
1 hour ago, SolaceSoul said:

All I’m saying is, next time I’m there, I’m taking a big box of new underwear!

A few months back in 202 and 117, I met an Irish guy who told me a few years back he would bring Aussiebum underwear to give to the guys and they would give him tricks for free?

Do the guys go for this? I'd happily bring and pay for fun with branded underwear if the guys are after this.

I have a friend who has been going to Rio since 2002 and always brings 40 or 50 prs of underwear and another couple dozen baseball caps,, and he has NEVER gotten free sex! the boys love his presents and they thank him profusely, they still charge him full rate!  I don't get it but he keeps doing it.  If i remember correctly he told me he spends about $800. each trip for these "gifts" and gives them out in the locker rooms of the saunas.  plus another couple hundred for excess luggage to bring all this crap on the plane down!  

• Members

I always bring small presents (North American team baseball caps are always welcome), to the sauna bar staff at 117, Point, Lagoa and Fragata that I have gotten to know over the years.  I give them cash tips too and take them out for lunch from time to time when special occasions came up.  They did not return them with sexual favour nor did I expect any though I got commendation from them to boys they have become chummy with.  I also brought with me packages of those Listerine breath tapes that I hand out like candies even to those who do not need them.  I am not Japanese but I understand they have a tradition of bringing gifts (usually food specialties, in their case) from whatever places they have been visiting to friends and colleagues to foster goodwill and pleasantness in the workplace.

I always ask for a doggy bag too whenever I ate out and give them to street kids who invariably ask for money for drinks to wash down the free dinner.

• Members

I always bring various gifts whenever I travel out of the country to give to locals, not just garotos or guys so want to sex with with. I was just taught that it’s a courteous thing to do when visiting a place that isn’t yours. I don’t breat the bank, but it gives me some pleasure to give gifts to locals that they ordinarily wouldn’t find in their country. I have never gotten a sex freebie out of it and never really cared to do so.

• Members

A lot of straight men love to spoil their kids and grandkids with presents.  A lot of gay men don’t have kids or grandkids, so it’s almost like a substitution giving presents to garotos.  

I don’t see anything wrong with it.  That being said, giving gifts indiscriminately seems kind of silly, vs. giving gifts to garotos who have been friendly/nice to you or that you have a connection with.

The monetary cost is all relative...I know some people for whom $800 is literally nothing.  

12 hours ago, Tomcal said:

I have a friend who has been going to Rio since 2002 and always brings 40 or 50 prs of underwear and another couple dozen baseball caps,, and he has NEVER gotten free sex! the boys love his presents and they thank him profusely, they still charge him full rate!  I don't get it but he keeps doing it.  If i remember correctly he told me he spends about $800. each trip for these "gifts" and gives them out in the locker rooms of the saunas.  plus another couple hundred for excess luggage to bring all this crap on the plane down!  

I get the concept of being a nice person but why do all the extra work when you would just tip the guys in MONEY...

There is generous and then there is foolish BUT you can't tell a grown man how to spend his money

All that extra hassle and NO free sex...No ma'am....

10 hours ago, sanddunes said:

A lot of gay men don’t have kids or grandkids, so it’s almost like a substitution giving presents to garotos.

The huge difference is that those dads and granddads are NOT, god NO, having sex with their kids, grandkids...

It is not the same concept...

Im sure there are some nice older gents who just like tricking off for no reason other than they can but I would venture to say the majority who are being overly generous are doing so for a purpose...

I know tons of girls and guys who had generous sugar daddies back in the day and they werent getting gifts because they reminded the older gents of their grands...Smile

On 5/12/2018 at 7:41 PM, Tartegogo said:

Most of us probably wouldn't recognize him, even if he is still going. I wouldn't have, his boys are much nicer on the eye than he is, so here is a little help:

calvin_klein.jpg

I believe I may have saw him at a Circuit Party...but a lot of those older guys with bad work start looking alike....the man is 75 yrs old after all trying to look much, much younger...(that hair)

20 hours ago, mvan1 said:

What will they say about you?

Maybe he hasnt learned that less is more and that aging gracefully does not mean tons of botox, fillers and work that makes you look like a 100% yr old gay Ken Doll...Im being clever here...

Calvin can do whatever he wants to do with his millions but I plan to age gracefully and prefer to hear how good I look for me age versus how good I look for the age Im trying to look...

This is 73 and he is a CAT DADDY....

Image result for tom selleck