Tomcal

Now is the time to go South to Mexico or Brazil

• Members
14 hours ago, Walker said:

When I paid my hotel bill in CDMX, the staff actually made a point that I was getting a 10% discount by paying with credit card in Mexican Pesos.  I sure did not complain.

I notice that everywhere now. The machine asks if you want to pay in the local currency or US dollars. Of course if you choose US dollars the exchange rate is worse than the other choice. Such a scam. 

• Members
14 hours ago, Walker said:

When I paid my hotel bill in CDMX, the staff actually made a point that I was getting a 10% discount by paying with credit card in Mexican Pesos.  I sure did not complain.

I notice that everywhere now. The machine asks if you want to pay in the local currency or US dollars. Of course if you choose US dollars the exchange rate is worse than the other choice. Such a scam. 

• Members

I realize there is some minor change, but are you certain that much.? My currency converter indicates 3.71 today, not 3.37

Anyway, I bought 5,000 when the rate seemed optimal recently.

Furthermore, I compare the current rate to the 10-year average for a true sense of relative value. Today the latter is 2.48 (high 4.25; low 1.53)