TotallyOz

What happened to all the boys in Bangkok?

I made it close to Bangkok on the bike ride and I have a free day tomorrow so I went into Bangkok tonight. To say it was a sad situation is an understatement. Siam Boys is now closed for 2 days as it could not pay rent. Boys Bangkok was sad and I had a water and the waiter was so busy he didn't even open it for me (I was the ONLY customer at the time). Classic had 10 boys. Future was slower than ever. The Fresh boys has a few boys there but not a good selection.

I have not had sex in what seems like years and I went looking and went to 7 bars that all cost over 220 baht to 250 baht for a glass of water. I did not find one boy I wanted for a drink. On top of that, the selection was the absolute worst I have ever seen in Bangkok. I got so horny, I had to fly a boy in from Laos. :) Where did all the boys go? Are they coming back? What work are they doing? Are they surviving?

Well the boys did not come here to Pattaya. And in my view you might have found the same problem here, finding some one you like to off....not sure.

There seem to be a few business owners that are not sure they can make it even to next month. They are behind in their rent and now way are they making twice as much this month either although from what I see, things are getting better, not not great.

Guest buaseng
.... went to 7 bars that all cost over 220 baht to 250 baht for a glass of water.

At that price (nearly £5 Sterling a glass - for WATER!!!) they don't deserve to survive. If I was in LOS right now they wouldn't be getting my custom either. Don't these greedy bar owners realise that everyone is suffering in the current financial climate and it's not just them having difficulty paying their bills. Indeed it's probably much worse for expats and tourists who are in addition having to cope with exchange rates that have plummeted in the last 4 months - in sterling's case by 26%.

Classic example of the killing the goose that lays the golden eggs!

Guest jtrack33

Some boys less than usual will be because it's rice harvest time in Isaan. I just drove to Chiang Mai and down through Isaan back to Bangkok in 10 days and noted harvest in full swing. A lot more cuter boys in the provinces than usual.

I took my hot number from Pattaya on the Chiang Mai leg...he loved it...first time for him in Chiang Mai. He is from Sukhothai and went to Pattaya recently to work in a hospital...has no connection with bars or commercial sex.

G. Thailand, didn't you stay at Seven Seas guest house in CM? I did also.

Guest gay_grampa

There are several reasons why the go-go bars are slowly going under:

1. The go-go bars are very expensive now so less customers go there so eventually the boys give up and go to work elsewhere or go freelance.

2. A lot of boys now freelance on the net - take a look at gayromeo.com (it's now 4.am in Bkk and there are still 140 guys on g.romeo looking to hitch up). They do this so that they have choice of not going with someone they find unattractive and they can do it from the comfort of their rooms and not perched on a stage. They hook-up on the net and arrange to meet at a regular bar.

3. Many boys do the rounds of Silom Soi 4 and DJ Station and then on to GOD disco when DJ closes. They do this because that is where the customers now are - buying drinks at 100 Baht or less and entertaining the freelancers.

I was in Silom Soi 4 tonight and it was packed with guys meeting guys - no hussling; no pressure from mamasans and no blaring music - you can actually have a conversation!!!. It's a pleasant an inexpensive night out compared to the constant annoyances of being in a Soi Twilight go-go bar.

Guest fountainhall
Well the boys did not come here to Pattaya

That's for sure, based on my experience there last week. In Bangkok I suspect we are in for some major changes in the bar landscape - especially in Soi Twililght. Sure, owners are definitely caught in a vicious circle with high rents, a big drop off in customers, police harrassment, competiton from the internet etc. But then, in my book they are definitely the ones to blame.

The root cause of the problem I think is twofold: that the concept of a bar being a fun, entertaining place has largely disappeared; and few owners seem to realise that it is the boys themselves who make or break a bar. Many customers just want to have a nice night out in the presence (on or off stage) of some cute guys. From the aggressive hustlers outside to pushy mamasans inside, from the just average-looking boys, most of whom give the impression of being bored rigid, to high drinks prices and tedious shows, just the act of going to a bar has itself become boring.

Younger readers must get tired of those who hark back to the "good old days", but it really is not that long ago when the bars were lively, fun places where everyone seemed to be having a good time. In fact, they were one of the main reasons for making a trip to Bangkok.

Guest MonkeySee

I quit offing from the bars in Bangkok a few years ago. I am not an expert on Bangkok bars and had been to only Tawan and the bars on Soi Twighlight. I found the bars and boys overpriced and uninteresting. I still enjoy an occasional drink at Balcony or Telephone and Dick's is a nice place to observe the comings and goings. For me I find it better to pick up boys on the street, either on Rama IV or Saranrom.

Guest topjohn5
Well the boys did not come here to Pattaya. And in my view you might have found the same problem here, finding some one you like to off....not sure.

There seem to be a few business owners that are not sure they can make it even to next month. They are behind in their rent and now way are they making twice as much this month either although from what I see, things are getting better, not not great.

Ummmmm,

What do you mean PattayaMale? Maybe I'm just such a newbie here in Pattaya that I do not know what it was like last year but, I can't imagine that there were more boys available than I have seen right now in the bars.....maybe the quality was a lot better before but my God I have had NO problem seeing a hundred guys I would off!!!

Yummmmmmmmmm is the word I would use!

Guest topjohn5

I guess I should start a new thread about my first time here in Thailand but to follow up on the last post I just made.

In Pattaya I have been to Villa Rouge (Kaos) and there was a stage packed with 30 guys last night and maybe another dozen around besides. There were maybe 1-5 customers in the place. My tastes are for twink/boyish passive guys and I saw at least a dozen I would off without a moments thought and did one of them.

Previously, I had been to Happy Boys, Nice Boys, Jimmy Jimmy James and Memories Bar and I offed boys in all except Jimmy Jimmy James (not there only because I was waiting for a particular waiter to return and didn't want to take someone else before him). At Memories I offed a boy for 6 days and will describe this later.

I have been to Wild West, Boyz Boyz Boyz and Copa as well but to be honest there were only a few in my taste range at these places......

Guest Steve1903

On my visits I was happy enough picking up on the beach. The guys in the bars were ok but it gets expensive buying drinks for two at bar prices, then off fee, then boy tip and other sundries.

Guest xiandarkthorne

Yu can pick up on the beach at Pattaya? Wow! I've gotta keep that in mind. The few times I tried that in Phuket, the boys asked for Baht10,000 per pop. And that was three years ago.

Guest lvdkeyes
Yu can pick up on the beach at Pattaya? Wow! I've gotta keep that in mind. The few times I tried that in Phuket, the boys asked for Baht10,000 per pop. And that was three years ago.

Picking up on Jomtien beach is like shooting fish in a barrel. I have never heard of a boy asking 10,000 baht until your post.

Guest MonkeySee

They must have been joking you! I have never heard of a beach boy in Thailand getting 10,000 baht a pop. That sounds like New York prices.

10,000 baht? Are you serious? I've never heard of such a thing. 1000 baht, that I could understand, but if any boys were asking for 10,000 baht, that's just ridiculous. I hope you shooed them away.

Anyway, yes indeed you can easily pick up boys at the gay beach in Pattaya. That's the reason many of them are there in the first place. I call them "farang hunters," because that's exactly what they are there to do. They want to "have farang." Many of the boys are also bar boys. Many boys are regulars and are there every day. Not a bad job, when you get right down to it. Spending the day on the beach and making some money along with it every so often.

I have never been to the beach, ever, even on the slowest days, without at least a few boys there hoping to be picked up. They're not even the only ones. Many of the boys going around asking if you want a massage are also available. Some of the boys working at the beach concessions are also available and sometimes can go with you right then and there (as long as they give a little back to the concession owner).

In other words, picking up a boy at the beach is the easiest thing in the world, and a lot less expensive than taking them off from bars.

Most of them are very nice and it is quite rare for there to ever be a problem. However, you do have to bear in mind that there have been isolated incidents, including a murder about four years ago. If you do pick up a boy at the beach, I would advise taking some common sense precautions. I would at least make sure he has an ID card and that it's actually his ID card and not a card he borrowed from someone else. Without at least that, if an incident does occur you have no way of tracking him down. Make sure that wherever you are taking him, whether your room, his room, or a short time room somewhere, that the front desk holds his ID card until you give the "all clear" before he can get it back. In other words, I advise taking the same precautions you would take if you were meeting a boy from an online personals site.

Again, it is extremely rare for an incident to occur as a result of taking a boy from the beach. I hear about fatal plane crashes more often than I hear about an incident involving a beach boy, but it doesn't hurt to take the precautions.

Guest xiandarkthorne

Thanks for confirming it, everyone. Scout's honour. 10,000Baht was what the beach boys at Phuket asked for. Maybe it was the 'real' beach boys I made the mistake of approaching, you know, the ones who actually do all the parasailing and windsurfing and other watersports, although I never knew that there might have been a difference. On the other hand, that was way back when I still weighed 200 pounds and they considered it hazard pay...

Xian

PS

I confess. I still weighed 200 pounds at the beginning of this year.

Thanks vinapu for resurrecting this old thread. The more things change, the more they stay the same to paraphrase an oldie.

The smoking in bars/excessively loud music threads are back again on the other forums and the same tired old points are stirring

up the posters for the umpteenth time. The indignant righteous ones versus the 'who gives a shit about anyone else' sides are as

predictable as the political conservatives versus the liberals and so it goes. Nobody wins and the venting seems to satisfy

until the next time.

I knew one farang who could walk into a bar with 60+ boys and proclaim not one worked him. Then he'd spot a skinny fem

waiter and be in bliss. vinapu knows well that what rocks most farangs boat, sinks other farangs boats.

I started reading this thread not noticing it was started 7 years ago. It was only when I saw the mention of the Kaos gogo that I realised. I had discovered Thailand and Pattaya the previous year and Kaos was a main source for me to off boys. I remember also Jimmy Jimmy James and the other Sunee gogos. Also picking up boys from the gay beach is mentioned and I used find this a good source of bed companions.

No doubt GR and other dating sites have had a major impact on the gay commercial sex scene, but bars will continue to attract customers, despite inflationary price increases. I very much look forward to my trips, one of which starts later this month.

I knew one farang who could walk into a bar with 60+ boys and proclaim not one worked him. Then he'd spot a skinny fem

waiter and be in bliss. vinapu knows well that what rocks most farangs boat, sinks other farangs boats.

And that my friend is what it means to be human, we are all different and have our own likes, dislikes and quirks. Each to his own. And thank goodness for that too otherwise (as in my preference) we'd all be fighting for the same skinny twink.

And that my friend is what it means to be human, we are all different and have our own likes, dislikes and quirks. Each to his own. And thank goodness for that too otherwise (as in my preference) we'd all be fighting for the same skinny twink.

Or the same 25 y.o.+ muscular bubble butt well endowed man.

I rarely have to worry that my dream boat will be offed by another farang unlike the skinny fem waifs that punters

have to rush to the bar at opening or even book in advance. As big stated, it takes all kinds

Or the same 25 y.o.+ muscular bubble butt well endowed man.

Keep  your eyes off my boy, LOL

This is good that we have different tastes  , keeps more boys occupied.

I'm not so sure that we who prefer bigger boys are  such minority. On the forum rather yes but when I looked around of who is offed and who is walking  with the farang or squeezing into taxi I'm of opinion that distribution is more balanced.

Sometimes are surprises - I was  dining with firecat at Maxi around Christmas and with our opposite preferences we agreed immediately of who is  most attractive of Bangkok Massage boys.

As for complains about unattractive boys, pricey drinks and offs, noise and smoke they seem to be immortal but this is not to say they are not warranted, depending of one's point of view and depth of pocket.

Times are changing and so do we. I noticed with age I'm less tolerant of noise but more of smoke. Boys may be unappealing but one attractive is enough for bar to shine for me.

As for prices I never complained since for me vacations are to spent and rest of year to penny pinch but recent increases surprised me to discover that I have my internal limit and while can tolerate drink price up to 400 / beer at 7/11 times 10/ everything above I may consider out of my range.

The same goes with off fees and tips, there's mental limit above which I would not go unless boy would be tested superstar.

So while I'm not in complainer camp / yet? / I  say I have some understanding why some are.