floridarob

Corujinha's anyone??

I went last night and it brought back old memories, except no boys and no disco next door (I can't remember the name even though the waiter told me it last night).

I told TomCal that we should start going back after the saunas and he replied "why go back no boys go there"

We could change that, was always nice after getting a second breath to go another round before bed.... plus was a good meeting place to meet board members.

Anyway, the waiter in the pic said to say hi to anyone that used to go there and he hopes we start again, he misses the fun (and money I'm sure).

39934508_470722220099513_1658554883239837696_n.jpg

• Members

Yes, this venue was a very interesting place to say the least.  I  keenly remember the guidance that both you and Tom gave to me while I was there amongst the company of many.  I clearly remember that you set me up with a hot guy who could speak fluent English.  ...remember taking him back to the infamous Hotel Atlantico and having a good and memorable play session.  Those days I fondly remember and do hope to return to "Mother BraZil" and to Rio de janeiro one of these days.  Hope it happens in 2019.

• Members

Any knowledge as to why it changed? I would guess that management of the restaurant or the owners were the ones to discourage or shoo the hustlers and pay boys away. I’d think that was a ooor business decision, because the few times that I’ve gone there after dark since 2011, the restaurant has not had very many customers there.

1 hour ago, SolaceSoul said:

Any knowledge as to why it changed? I

i was probably there for a 100 late night dinners between 2001 and 2007 or 8, it was great but after the gay disco next door closed down and the park across the street installed bright lights and the dismise of street hustlers, all these things had a direct influence on the restaurant realizing it couldn’t rely on the after 10:00 pm gay crowd for that portion of their revenues anymore!  i remember nights when there would be 25+ guys across the street on the park side leaning against the fence waiting to be noticed!

• Members

Yes, this was an incredibly great place. 

Every night after the sauna Pointe 202 got less busy (around 10 o'clock or so in the evening) many of us gringos walked the short distance from Pointe down Siqueira Campos to this semi outdoor restaurant.   

Almost every night the place was busy and had a countless number of garotos available.  Most garotos stood in the street in front of the restaurant or close by on the sidewalk waiting or hoping for a signal from one of us to join them at a table we had.

Those were the days that we thought and hoped would never end - but they did!

• Members

Certain Brazilian business practices I shall never get used to:

Many restaurant owners/managers/cashiers are rude and arrogant.  A few of us, as it was customary at the time, was having our post sauna eat at Corrujihna’s one night and we saw this English fellow we ran into earlier at the sauna having his drink alone so we asked him to join us in our table.  The cashier stepped down his pulpit and told him off.

As I was in Rio for extended stays, I stayed at this inexpensive hotel above Clube 117.  For dinner, I usually ordered a grilled filet on a pão Frances from the restaurant at the entrance of Cândido Mendes and since it was only 10 reais, I also ask for one for each of the dj and temp security guard patting-down incoming GPs.  One subsequent night upon ordering exactly the same thing, I was charged double the previous night’s price so I asked the cashier and wouldn’t you know it, he almost bit my head off.

I’m okay with the 10% service charge automatically levied on my meal and actually will also leave the coins and small bills that come back as change. In Rio restaurants change do not come back which trained me to always be ready with the exact change when eating out.

3 hours ago, BryBro said:

I also had great memories of Corujinha. I used to go there back in 2001 - 2005. Is there another place that folks here go to after the sauna? I've been going to Galitos to watch the guys across the street at Tô Nem Aí, but it's no Corujinha.

Sit at the corner table along the sidewalk in ToNemAi!  One night i was there by myself the one and only time the place was about 2/3 full and there were two guys inside sitting along the wall, I saw the one kept staring at me and after about 15 minutes I called him over to the table, we had a drink, he said he was with his friend and they were going to a late night club but he needed some money, we walked the 2 blocks to my apt., had a great hour together, I have him $100R and we were both happy!  I can not think of why I was by myself as that was the only time I think I have ever been alone in Rio at night, but it worked out great!  This was about 11:00 pm

• Members
On 8/28/2018 at 9:03 PM, BryBro said:

snip - 

I also had great memories of Corujinha.

Is there another place that folks here go to after the sauna?

There will never be a replacement for Corujinha's 

https://www.google.com/search?q=song+-+there+will+never+be+another+you&oq=song+-+there+will+never+be+another+you&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.8319j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8