Anthonyvan

Bogota Trip Journal 6-15 Nov

• Members

One of the few perks of card-carrying Golden Girl status is free admission to Museo del Oro. But you evidently got the better tradeoff. LOL

Are you finding yourself to be an effortless hottie-magnet simply in the general community?

Enjoy the hot DARK PARTY rumba tonight!

Edited by Riobard

• Members
7 hours ago, Riobard said:

One of the few perks of card-carrying Golden Girl status is free admission to Museo del Oro. But you evidently got the better tradeoff. LOL

Are you finding yourself to be an effortless hottie-magnet simply in the general community?

Enjoy the hot DARK PARTY rumba tonight!

I wouldn't say effortless, but I have certainly improved my learning and understanding of the language in the meantime. But being the rare commodity here, it certainly has its benefits. 

Day 4:

Today is slow so far, but a nice Colombian showed me around Zona G and we tried a local traditional Colombian restaurante. The best perk is that he was studying abroad in NZ and the UK, so communication was very easy. We didn't have sex cuz he's only into morbo. I did learn quite a few naughty gay expressions in Spanish and we spent quite some time talking. No sex is perfectly fine for me. 

I am not a club person, but still debating if I want to go to Theatron tonight. Any suggestions? With my limited Spanish skills and not an alcohol drinker, I am not sure how much I will enjoy the club. Any suggestions? But venue itself is probably worth visiting. 

Tomorrow I am going to the Mercado de Las Pulgas in Usaquen, so that should be fun. I am definitely taking my time slow here in Bogota. 

• Members

I have seen the term in ads and quoted by a provider (image appended) I booked, but it still seems ambiguous to me. So I am curious as well. 

I take it to mean “sick”, as in edgy or unusual in relation to conventional standards of intimacy, so in the gay context it essentially seems to have no significant meaning. I do not think it means “anything goes”, but that the provider is trying to communicate he is open to deviation from heteronormative. So perhaps “kink”? Or simply “foreplay”?

”trato de pareja” is easier ... BFE.

C5C9802E-F644-45BB-81A8-70E7E729DE30.jpeg

• Members
4 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Thank you for your report! Would you explain what you mean by "morbo", please?

1 hour ago, Riobard said:

I have seen the term in ads and quoted by a provider (image appended) I booked, but it still seems ambiguous to me. So I am curious as well. 

I take it to mean “sick”, as in edgy or unusual in relation to conventional standards of intimacy, so in the gay context it essentially seems to have no significant meaning. I do not think it means “anything goes”, but that the provider is trying to communicate he is open to deviation from heteronormative. So perhaps “kink”? Or simply “foreplay”?

”trato de pareja” is easier ... BFE.

C5C9802E-F644-45BB-81A8-70E7E729DE30.jpeg

Thanks 

8 hours ago, pauleiro said:

Going to Gigolo Erotic House on Friday or Saturday is a must if you like sexy shows, hot boys and fun with them ! Have a look to the thread "Columbia full list of hot spots"

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I have already missed the opportunity given that I was pretty occupied by the Paisa guy on Friday and didn't want to go to Theatron on Saturday. Because I don't drink and speak very little Spanish, it seems a bit pointless to me. Is Sunday a good idea for GEH? I just realized that it's a holiday tomorrow, so not sure if it will get busy on Sunday.

However, from my understanding, morbo means kissing, touching, body contact, and basically stuff not covered by other words like beso negro, penetracion, I can be totally wrong in this regard. 

• Members

Gigolo Erotic House was closed Sundays in September (Open only Fri Sat) but now seems open again and tonight is “casting live” theme. Your big audition? LOL

It is not for me and I typically like strip clubs, see previous notes, but you should be able to beat the cover entrance if you go to St Moritz baths below it first (you may as well have a look some time). The overlap between the two is 20:00-22:00, on weekends GEH got fairly full by 22:30 as it is a small space. 

In StM a hunky bodybuilder (about 35?) client kept looking at me so I got the nerve to give him my number as he was dressing to leave. He accepted it graciously and seemed enthusiastic  but seemed quizzical about the country code (+1). No follow up, so he either lost interest or messed up the contact entry. I should have just tried to leave with him for dinner etc but it was the night I wanted to check out GEH. I applied my FOMO to the wrong choice! ...                      My point is that you might score, but personally I do not regard the private cabins as suitable for hookups. The one I peered into had only a dirty worn looking vinyl ergonomic sex bench. I cannot imagine the floors being free of moist detritus. The showers and high temp spaces seem reasonably OK though. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Riobard said:

Gigolo Erotic House was closed Sundays in September (Open only Fri Sat) but now seems open again and tonight is “casting live” theme. Your big audition? LOL

It is not for me and I typically like strip clubs, see previous notes, but you should be able to beat the cover entrance if you go to St Moritz baths below it first (you may as well have a look some time). The overlap between the two is 20:00-22:00, on weekends GEH got fairly full by 22:30 as it is a small space. 

In StM a hunky bodybuilder (about 35?) client kept looking at me so I got the nerve to give him my number as he was dressing to leave. He accepted it graciously and seemed enthusiastic  but seemed quizzical about the country code (+1). No follow up, so he either lost interest or messed up the contact entry. I should have just tried to leave with him for dinner etc but it was the night I wanted to check out GEH. I applied my FOMO to the wrong choice! ...                      My point is that you might score, but personally I do not regard the private cabins as suitable for hookups. The one I peered into had only a dirty worn looking vinyl ergonomic sex bench. I cannot imagine the floors being free of moist detritus. The showers and high temp spaces seem reasonably OK though. 

Audition can be fun? I bet the guys wanting the role will try really hard to please. 

What's there to see at the bathhouse? I am quite a hygienic person, and I can't really picture myself having sex on floors that could be covered by cum, sweat, and bacteria. 

Anyway, big mistake on me for taking so much precaution. I booked a boutique hotel in Zona G, and I have to be buzzed in every time. It's good that I know I am super safe. However, I don't know how they feel about me bringing guests over even though there's nothing in the hotel policy saying that I am prohibited to do so. Should I continue to bring people over? 

• Members

Oh for me StM was to see and sample the massage trade, though the one session I had was in a small space taken up by the table and awkward to navigate thru the motions of intimacy though it worked not badly. 

I thought the hotel idea is based on keeping your cool and doing what you want unless the staff have something to say about it. If you are buzzed in, I would think you want to look like you are engaged in animated conversation or looking together at your phone, in case the staff think it is a non-guest who slipped in as you entered.

• Members
5 hours ago, Riobard said:

Oh for me StM was to see and sample the massage trade, though the one session I had was in a small space taken up by the table and awkward to navigate thru the motions of intimacy though it worked not badly. 

I thought the hotel idea is based on keeping your cool and doing what you want unless the staff have something to say about it. If you are buzzed in, I would think you want to look like you are engaged in animated conversation or looking together at your phone, in case the staff think it is a non-guest who slipped in as you entered.

Certainly. Thank god all the guests behaved themselves. I am just worried if I continue to bring male guests over at various times, they will certainly raise an eyebrow. The only good thing is that none of them is a paying situation, so I guess I am sorta okay?

• Members
On 11/10/2019 at 7:34 PM, buttercawan said:

I thought "morbo" means Morbidly Obese. Maybe he is a chubby chaser?

I thought about that too when I first saw the expression, but no, it's maybe a Colombian way of describing sexual things not covered by other words specifically. You will get used to it when you travel to Bogota!

• Members

Day 5:

I went to the Mercado de Las Pulgas in Usaquen. It was actually really nice to see different types of products. I eventually got my first taste of Jugo de Lulo, Chirimoya, Mamoncillo, and Anon (certainly an easy name to remember). It was amazing how many exotic fruits Colombia has. I think I bought too much, so there's no room for other fruits (in retrospect, I really should just get one of each). Lunch was at Boho. I find that the price there was only slightly cheaper than comparable stuff in Canada. So I was like how were local Colombians able to afford that? I understand that Bogota is the capital of the country, but definitely not everyone there was tourist from abroad. I find that the weather tends to be much nicer in the morning because it was pouring in the afternoon. Thank god I got into a cab before it really started to pour. 

I had nothing else to do since it was pouring outside. I turned on grindr for sure. Being the exotic guy here certainly has its benefit. I am the rarer species than whites. Bingo. This Cali mixed guy that works for an American company invited me out for cafe/light dinner. That's just perfect. He knows both English and Spanish, so the opportunity of being able to learn Spanish is just too good to pass up, so I was like right on. We talked about a lot of things including the social class, gay culture, things to do, and how to learn Spanish. No sex and I suppose there's just no mutual chemistry, but the convo was great, and I will never say no to a Spanish class.

However, things brightened up very quickly when I got back to my room. This young guy in his 20s originally from Pereira wanted to meet, so I was like who was I to say no to a Paisa guy. 178cm tall and 65kg. 20 cm I believe. Perfect size. Communication was easy because he was learning English in the UK for almost a year. I also find that guys that speak English tend to be safer and of high social class here in Bogota. I could be wrong on this. He almost got hard instantly and we made out and did all the naughty things together. I must say that topping seems to be 2nd nature to the Paisa guys. They can be soft spoken, but as soon as they are in bed and starting to make out, it's a different story. The ones I have had so far all like to be in the driver's seat and really take control. They would give you a couple minutes to warm up, but after that, I am their bitch. They just pounded ignoring your begging and screaming. He also had really stamina. He pounded me for a good 30 minutes and after a deep moaning, he shot a huge load into the condom that almost overflew. Damn, I have to say I am kinda hooked on Paisa men. I also find that Paisa guys tend to have light skin tone and higher statue. 

• Members
On 11/16/2019 at 8:12 PM, Pinkeey22 said:

morbo means kissing, touching, body contact, rubbing. It does not mean kinky or morbid.  

You are simply wrong. In the context people are talking here, which is sexual talk or chat on a gay app, it means kinky. Period. A stronger word might be taboo.

Edited by torogen

• Members
  • Members
On 11/22/2019 at 4:53 PM, Riobard said:

Out of a now sadly messy place in time. How stability hangs on a slender thread. I had just about booked, for next week, my 2nd trip but a few things came up. 

Even though the exchange rate becomes more favorable than ever, is it safe given the protests and riots in Bogota now?

• Members
On 11/20/2019 at 3:09 PM, torogen said:

You are simply wrong. In the context people are talking here, which is sexual talk or chat on a gay app, it means kinky. Period. A stronger word might be taboo.

In the price list someone previously posted, "morbo" was in the lowest scale, less than "penetracion." I think in this context it would mean "fooling around" or "making out." Kink is usually a higher price than full service, no? Slang is very country-dependent, even when they ostensibly share the same language so while morbo means kink in Spain or elsewhere, it might have a different meaning in Colombia.