• Members

I am very late to the Spartacus series, which started on Starz and is now on Netflix. I thought the guy playing Spartacus was really good and very hot.

Why isn't he the sexiest man alive? I got to the end of Season 1 and was so happy with an episode I started googling the show.

Shock ensued as I learned that actor Andy Whitfield cannot be the sexiest man alive because he isn't...alive. He died of a sudden leukemia after the first

season. Here he has his biggest role yet and this hits him. I have yet to see his successor, Liam McIntyre.

There is nothing about the show at the other site or here. Given the nudity and eroticism of those loin-clothed gladiators, I would have thought

it would be talked about. It's a good show!

andy.jpeg

• Members

I got Starz for free as part of my cable the last time I moved about 10 yrs ago. Watched each season as it came out. The Actors illness and death was a big topic of conversation on entertainment sites at the time. You are correct he was a truly sexy man. It reminded me of Actor Jon-Erik Hexum who died in 1984 on the set of the TV Series Cover-up. He dies when he was playing with a blank gun and shot himself. Wading from the blank entered his brain and he died. I was only 18 at the time and had a huge crush on him. He was also very sexy and often shirtless on the show. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

• Members

"Years ago" Spartacus was on Starz. It's not that popular a site, compared to Netflix. So anyone who did not subscribe to Starz is now having the opportunity to see the show.

Netflix has made it a bigger success. It's hardly "over."