JKane

Seriously, how is it not 25th amendment time?

• Members

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

• Members

Well, it's because it turns out the constitution is completely toothless when a lickspittle traitor like Mitch controls the Senate too and encourages the president to fill all the executive positions with an endless string of spineless lackeys.  And when one resigns in disgust ("you're fired!") they don't ask anything or take the warning, they just confirm somebody even less qualified...  

We're quickly entering the part of this bad movie where I start to think, the leader (usually a General or Colonel) is obviously making things worse, he's cost tens of thousands of lives, you have a sidearm and a conscience, possibly an oath to the constitution, do the world some good, he's fucking twirling his mustache for christsakes...  

xv0v5rourru41.jpg 

• Members

Interesting.  I have to think that many of those who seek to use the 25th amendment are not thinking ahead.  If this is used as a "coup" to usurp the President, what is stopping future adventures?  Not much.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Trump's way ahead of you, a spineless pussy as VP and a cabinet that have almost sucked the spray tan completely off his mushroom head aren't going to let that happen.  

Here's the difference though, if a Democrat had gone this far off the rails, say Biden does become senile, it would be Democrats who would line up to vote to remove him.  Because, you know, the constitution and the country, not just something to SAY you support and defend.  

Your argument is exactly like the "Christians" who say stuff like "without god, what stops me from murdering and raping?" and the rest of us look on in horror as we can't imagine needing an imaginary friend to make us do good things by threatening endless brutal torment if we don't...  

• Members
49 minutes ago, JKane said:

Trump's way ahead of you, a spineless pussy as VP and a cabinet that have almost sucked the spray tan completely off his mushroom head aren't going to let that happen.  

Here's the difference though, if a Democrat had gone this far off the rails, say Biden does become senile, it would be Democrats who would line up to vote to remove him.  Because, you know, the constitution and the country, not just something to SAY you support and defend.  

Your argument is exactly like the "Christians" who say stuff like "without god, what stops me from murdering and raping?" and the rest of us look on in horror as we can't imagine needing an imaginary friend to make us do good things by threatening endless brutal torment if we don't...  

What do you mean IF Biden becomes senile?

Best regards,

RA1

7 hours ago, JKane said:

Again, your de-facto party set a real low bar there with the second Reagan term.  

7 hours ago, RA1 said:

What do you mean IF Biden becomes senile?

Best regards,

RA1

There was pretty clear public clinical evidence that RR was into Alzheimer’s not far into his 2nd term, if not before.

Biden is to be sure old & slow. But not quite the same thing.

13 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Biden is to be sure old & slow. But not quite the same thing

Yet, those who knock Biden forget who is in office now??

21 hours ago, RA1 said:

Interesting.  I have to think that many of those who seek to use the 25th amendment are not thinking ahead.  If this is used as a "coup" to usurp the President, what is stopping future adventures?  Not much.

Same as all the liberties republicans are taking,  stamping out freedoms, fucking with poor people...will make it easier for Democrats to do to the rich  :ermm:

I understood people that WERE republicans in the past. We disagreed on many things, but I could understand their point of view. Then I know Republicans today that still have those same values and don't support Trump. I just can't understand people supporting Trump....maybe at the start, but now?  But then again, I don't understand how people could be members of a cult.

8 hours ago, floridarob said:

I understood people that WERE republicans in the past. We disagreed on many things, but I could understand their point of view. Then I know Republicans today that still have those same values and don't support Trump. I just can't understand people supporting Trump....maybe at the start, but now?  But then again, I don't understand how people could be members of a cult.

Being born in Alabama and growing up in the South, I was a registered Republican for many years. Most of my family still is. Things changed over time and they went from the party that was trying to be fiscally conservative to the part of hate. I don't understand how anyone who is gay or a minority can be a modern Republican. But, I'll never get it. I do want believe that the support for Trump is cult like mentality. They are nuts for this guy. And, I mean that literally. I don't think anyone sane and in their right mind can see this man and support him. He is vile and disgusting.

Now, my family is most still Republican. But, you know who all of them voted for 12 years ago? Obama. They loved him. It blew my mind but everyone of the women in the family went out and voted for him. They saw hope. In Trump they see fear. Both are very powerful emotions.

You American's are loosing it esp. with your 1st amendment, the rights to bear arms....dumb.  It that is the case, why shouldn't American's be aloud to keep nuclear bombs in their basements....its there right....

4 hours ago, Buddy2 said:

The president has now changed his mind on the novel coronavirus task force; it is back on again.

Good, as long as he turns it over to Deborah Brix and Anthony Fauci.

On considerable observation, I think New York native Fauci, in his rather muted public rebukes to DJT, is telling his boss in very quiet native language Don’t fuck with me, or our policies. You will come down if you do.