BiBottomBoy

How Long Does It Take Mail To Get From The US To France?

• Members

Depends on how you ship. The last time I lost my Visa in a Paris taxi cab, my bank sent the replacement card via FedEx overnight. However, I don't know if my relationship with my bank mattered. I did not have to ask for overnight service.

First Class International mail can take 7-14 days during a normal year. Double that for Covid and the current problems with the U.S. Post Office. The last year of Trump, First Class Mail in the U.S. has been a disaster. We've had more things lost or very late than ever before. Some of our Christmas cards from U.S. addresses did not arrive until the week after New Year's. They were postmarked Dec. 15.

I think my 98 year old mother in Massachusetts has still not received the Mother’s Day card I sent four weeks ago (from Canada).  As she put it so well, “The mail here used to be pretty good until somebody decided to fix it.”

Last summer when Thailand was virtually free of cases - ah! those were the days! - I went to the Post Office with a card for my sister's birthday. The clerk looked at the address, checked a notice and then informed me the minimum time for delivery would be 9 weeks! 9 weeks to the UK? I went straight to DHL and paid through the nose to send it. Since then things got better but I expect now that Thailand is in the middle of a covid surge, mail may again be taking much longer.

I lost my card when in Manila couple of years ago. They sent a replacement by DHL to my next destination, Pattaya. But screwed up and sent the card with same number as the lost one. They then sent another card to the next destination, again by DHL. I believe each took about 2-3 days. Was shipped from their "Global" centre. Not sure where that is located, tho

• Members
19 hours ago, faranglaw said:

I think my 98 year old mother in Massachusetts has still not received the Mother’s Day card I sent four weeks ago (from Canada).  As she put it so well, “The mail here used to be pretty good until somebody decided to fix it.”

Love your Mother!  Way to go at age 98!!