bucknaway

Returning to USA from Brazil

Can anyone offer up some advice on getting the required covid tests before your flight out of Brazil?

Im wondering how difficult it is to get or how much legwork is required?  Or is there an abundance of testing sites all over the tourist area that can provide the testing documentation needed?

3 hours ago, babybear2 said:

Pretty easy

I did mine in Feb at Sao Paulo International airport, took only 4 hours to get report 

The drugstore I mentioned gives the results and form to you while you wait. Wouldn't it suck to wait until you get to the airport to find out that you're positive and can't fly?

Plus, Haven't you gone to the Tomcal school of taking your luggage to the sauna on your last night and leaving from there to the airport :lolu:

• Members
8 hours ago, floridarob said:

I think so, I haven't used them but United airlines offers a link where you can buy them in packs of 10. They are video supervised when you do it and they give you some code or verification you can use I guess??

yes, and the latest is the pack of ten can be split with different people. nice to have an instant $8 test. 

• Members

Buy the Abbott antigen test for $150 6pack from eMed.com, you can do it the day before your return flight back to the US. Download the app in your phone and register. As the other fellow member said, it will be supervised via video chat for 15min.  That is what I am planning to do when I come to Brazil this coming September (Labor Day week).  I did the PCR Test in GRU Airport in June and got the result in 4hrs but I waited there for 2 hours, the antigen test is easier in my opinion, it's convenient.

• Members

PCR tests can be done up to 72 hrs before flight. The antigen test must be done 48 hrs before. However, the Abbott telemed tests are quite convenient. If you're bringing a laptop with you, you can do the test in your hotel room the day before leaving.

3 hours ago, davet said:

PCR tests can be done up to 72 hrs before flight. The antigen test must be done 48 hrs before. However, the Abbott telemed tests are quite convenient. If you're bringing a laptop with you, you can do the test in your hotel room the day before leaving.

Going to the USA is 3 calendar days for either PCR or Antigen test...calendar days.  72 hours before the flights departing is going to Brasil.

36 minutes ago, njalondon said:

Is a PCRtest still necessary even if you are vaccinated with a recognised vaccine?

Yes a test is still required to enter the USA from any international destination. The usa does not currently recognize vaccination as a factor to enter or leave the USA.