JKane

Been going to movies again!

• Members

The Suicide Squad is pretty fun.  But you can also see it on HBOMax.  Was actually good to see in a big Dolby Laser theater though.  

Free Guy... meh.  Should've had a lot to drink first.  Too much of the good stuff is in the trailers and the rest is pretty predictable.  

The Green Knight... ... ... is trippy.  Interesting and well done.  Basically like Excalibur but much less action, so some will find boring and many will find confusing.  Still, glad I saw it.  

• Members

Thanks for the reviews.  I made it to a movie theatre this month and saw Joe Bell with Mark Whalberg who walks across America with the spirit of his dead gay son who killed himself.  Altogether too depressing.  The only movie I'm remotely interested in now is Respect.

You are all so lucky while here in Pattaya I continue to self isolate in my condo as the infections and deaths continue to be high. Even though I have had my first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine I am still not taking any risks. The lockdown has been in place since the end of March and cinemas will be gathering dust for at least another month or more yet here. Make the most of your freedom gentlemen. 

58 minutes ago, Ruthrieston said:

You are all so lucky while here in Pattaya I continue to self isolate in my condo as the infections and deaths continue to be high. Even though I have had my first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine I am still not taking any risks. The lockdown has been in place since the end of March and cinemas will be gathering dust for at least another month or more yet here. Make the most of your freedom gentlemen. 

Yes, dont take risk until you are fully vaccinated, i.e. two weeks after second dose. Too many cases here are after first dose or even 2nd dose but before two weeks, and some did had severe symptom and died. It wont be long now that u have gotten your first dose. 

I had just passed 2 weeks since my second dose but still having doubt to go out since one person in my house is still not fully vaccinated. Im tempted to stay at my apartment alone if i were to go out and start taking risks lol.

I had very mixed feelings about The Green Knight. It was very well done, but I disliked it. It plays with the original stories very well.

Free Guy told you it was bubblegum icecream and it was. Fun, and silly, and not very deep.

I think The Green Knight is worth a watch for most. Free Guy, if you like summer bubblegum movies, because it is one.

• Members
On 8/21/2021 at 9:04 PM, caeron said:

I had very mixed feelings about The Green Knight. It was very well done, but I disliked it. It plays with the original stories very well.

Yeah, the more I think about it and hear about the original story the less it makes sense.  I don't think the editor got the memo on what the story was supposed to be.  There's stuff cut in and cut out that shouldn't have been.  

It's still interesting, but maybe I should take out "well done".  

Shang-Chi is the next thing I'll probably see in theaters, but that isn't out 'till Sept. 3rd.