CurtisD

Rules for Internal Thai Flights

Can anyone tell me what the rules are for PCR-tests / vaccination requirements for internal flights in Thailand? Searching the web it does not look like there is a requirement for either, but the Bangkok Airways website refers readers to two websites totally in Thai, so I would like to be sure.

The issue became a real one as it is now unlikely that Bangkok Guy will be vaccinated by the time I arrive and we travel to Ko Samui.

Over the last year he has read a lot of anti-vax stuff, accounts of deaths etc. He is cautious but totally sane, so his reading triggered his instinct for Comparison Shopping which led to deciding he would wait to get Moderna.

I have little patience with the whole anti-vax thing, so I suggested that he might need to get vaccinated before we could fly and his desire to travel trumped his fear of vaccination.

Now his neighbor has died from a vaccination. He sent me pics of the funeral – a young guy – and an emoji of a spirit rising from a corpse (who knew they made that one?).  Understandably Bangkok Guy is now stressed.

I told him to relax. No need to get vaccinated if he does not want to.

But now I really do need to know what the requirements are for flying Bangkok/ Ko Samui.

Bangkok airways page.JPG

2 hours ago, CurtisD said:

I have little patience with the whole anti-vax thing,

I also have zero patience with the anti-vaxxers and the often fabricated stories they come up with to justify their stance. 

I believe travel rules vary from province to province, but can't find the document I had seen showing this (which was published by one of the Thai arlines).

19 hours ago, CurtisD said:

Can anyone tell me what the rules are for PCR-tests / vaccination requirements for internal flights in Thailand? Searching the web it does not look like there is a requirement for either, but the Bangkok Airways website refers readers to two websites totally in Thai, so I would like to be sure.

I would like to know too. From practical experience I can tell that Air Asia flight from Krabi to Suvarnaphumi on 19/11 only needed a ticket, a passport and a mask. No particular documents like Thailand Pass or Vaccination certificate were needed, neither for boarding nor at arrival in BKK.

Thank you to you all for your information. I got in touch with the hotel conceirge and it seems for flights to Ko Samui you need to complete an information form before flying and wear a mask, but no vaccination check.

Knowing which is no longer a priority for me, as Bangkok Guy had his first shot of Sinovac a few days ago. A friend had been vaccinated with no ill effects, so he screwed up his courage and decided to get vaccinated too. He Lined me announcing his decision with an implied question mark in the phrasing which looked like he wanted reassurance, so I called him and he was very happy to be reassured it was a good decision, he needed emotional support. He sent me a pic of his vaccination card and he will have had his second shot before I arrive. No ill effects or in Bangkok Guys words 'no pobpum'. He looks much happier now the stress of vaccinate / no vaccinate is over. It really had been weighing on him. Now that he is a 'old vaccination hand' he positively beams when I assure him I will get him a Moderna gift card from Bumrungard. 

With the arrival of Omicron I am very relieved that he made the decision.

Just to add, most people who got sinovac here in malaysia are now encouraged to get a booster after 3 month of their second dose. And like thailand, we also allow mix vaccination for the booster, with priority given to sinovac to get pfizer as booster. I wonder when will your bangkok guy moderna's shot will be?

14 hours ago, spoon said:

Just to add, most people who got sinovac here in malaysia are now encouraged to get a booster after 3 month of their second dose. And like thailand, we also allow mix vaccination for the booster, with priority given to sinovac to get pfizer as booster. I wonder when will your bangkok guy moderna's shot will be?

Some time in 1st quarter of 2022 for the first Moderna shot. Bumrungard are cautiously vague. 

Whilst people who paid for Moderna have to wait until 2022, right now anyone can get a walk in vaccine in Bangkok.  First, second or even booster doses, if there is a suitable interval after the second doses.  For boosters, anyone who has had 2 Astra Zeneca doses, or the Chinese vaccines is offered the choice of an AZ or Pfizer vaccine. Free.

I don't think it makes sense for anyone with a chance of Pfizer to wait for their Moderna.

Pfizer is available as a booster and I believe, for people under a certain age.  But anyone travelling any distance ought to check terms out themselves.

Sites include The Asiatique, a short bus ride from Surawong and possibly Bang Sue.

The General has set a target of 100m doses by the end of a month. 

• Members
On 11/18/2021 at 4:03 PM, CurtisD said:

I found the rules for internal flights posted on the Thai Smile website.  Sorry @CurtisD, but I'm afraid it doesn't include Koh Samui, as Thai Smile doesn't fly to Koh Samui. 

I'm including the chart showing rules for many airports.  It looks like the rules are subject to each airport or province.  Many allow tests within 72 hours of flight, but all airports on this list allow travel with proof of vaccination.  It says at least one document is required for travel. 

It has a listing for Surat Thani, and although Koh Samui is in Surat Thani Province, the listing is for Surat Thani airport, not Koh Samui airport.

529989369_AW1ENupdate21OCT21_table_1Sep21-01.thumb.jpg.0c5a64ebe9e3390c704bd68557b15364.jpg

In addition to the vaccination many provinces have those barcodes who lead to an entry registration form. Not sure if they must currently be filled in or not. Flying to Chiang Mai, I asked the lady at check in counter in Suvarnabhumi and she said it is currently not necessary. At arrival in Chiang Mai they had posters everywhere to fill it in so I did nevertheless, but I was never required to prove it and I had the feeling I was the only one who filled it in. Maybe there are alternatives using some of those xxx-Chana-Apps.