TotallyOz

Megamillions now 1 Billion USD

• Members
3 hours ago, caeron said:

I'd give it away to charities while jetting around globe with my posse of hotties.

Some people I guess would buy a lot of houses or things, but I'm just not that much into 'stuff'. 

Though, I would like to stay at a higher class of place than my normal cheap-ass self books! 

The more expensive property you buy, the more property tax you will pay.  Can you imagine if you live in a 100 million dollar house, you will be paying property tax in the millions too.  Now, I like to buy a nice property that has very little or no property tax.

I'd probably have to hire a good security detail. Unless you can find a way to stay anonymous I would imagine it's not as fun as we might imagine since everyone will be coming at you with a sob story and their hands out. Some states allow anonymity but others do not. Probably need to set up some sort of holding company and a charitable foundation.

A giant house also requires a lot of upkeep.

An entourage of hotties sounds fun... and exhausting.

In my younger days when I lived and worked in Hong Kong, I always dreamt that if I won a big lottery, I would do several things -

1. donate a chunk to a charity or endow a chair at a university in my parents name. As there is no-one left in the familly with my name - too many girls - it would be nice to think my parents and their name were remembered somewhere.

2. buy an apartment in Hong Kong (since I had always had accommodation provided and planned then to keep HKG as a base).

3. buy a lovely smallish waterfront apartment in Sydney, one of my most favourite of cities. Naturally it would have to include a small boat dock and I could afford a small crew.

4. buy or rent a small house in one of the srunningly beautiful Renaissance hill towns in Italy so I could immerse myself in arts and culture occasionally.

I could easily see myself flitting between the three, enjoying first class travel (this was before flat bed business seats) and all the trimmings. Caviar on board would be essential - indeed, with just one exception till now I have only ever been served caviar on a plane! 

Now with many fewer years ahead of me, priority 1 would remain the same, although with more going to charity. Priority 2 would be to buy a sightly bigger apartment in Bangkok. Sydney and Italy would still be on the list. A fifth would be to eat more often in some really excellent restaurants with some of the best wines - first growth Bordeaux, Domaine de la Romanee Conti burgundy, the best Sauvignon Blanc and Muscadet, ending with Chateau d'Yquem with dessert. No point hanging around unless you can eat and drink well! But with that consumption I expect my days might end up being more numbered!