PeterRS

Hunter Biden Tries to Buy A Big Mac

• Members

Hunter Biden testified in Congress today, behind closed doors.

Ben Meisales is a favorite political vlogger.  Here he covers the testimony. 

I learned so much from this.  Well worth a listen.  My impression of Hunter improved a lot.

One might wonder when the GOP will stop, yet by now it seems they never will.

13 hours ago, vinapu said:

when party becomes too ideological

I have a summer job that includes occasionally dealing with some Americans, mostly older men who have made a lot of money in their lives and mostly through their own hard work and smarts. Yet I overhear them making comments about Trump being persecuted and falsely accused and all kinds of other ridiculous comments. I can understand people who know Trump for what he is, but still prefer him over the alternative....(especially Clinton, she's nasty), but how can smart people pretend that he's a decent human being.

3 minutes ago, xpaulo said:

......., but how can smart people pretend that he's a decent human being.

obviously 'decent human being ' is not qualification big part of electorate is looking for their president to be . Trump, Biden , Clinton, can't nation of 330 million  people come with candidates more promising than gerontocrats ? 

39 minutes ago, vinapu said:

decent human being

ha,ha.... my impression is that Americans usually elect the most likeable, to them, candidate, and don't care much about their policies. Bush, was more likeable than Gore and Kerry... there was the infamous photo of him and Ellen Degeneres yukking it up in a box at a football game, on Letterman top ten things I'm going to do when I'm president, "give the Oval Office a good scrubbin", Obama more likeable than McCain and Romney, Trump more likeable than Clinton, Biden more likeable than Trump....

1 hour ago, xpaulo said:

ha,ha.... my impression is that Americans usually elect the most likeable, to them, candidate

By "likeable," you seem to mean the candidate you might prefer to have a beer with -- or maybe a pizza.

But don't forget that many of the seemingly "likeable" people (such as Dubya Bush) are so concerned with being liked that they frequently follow the advice of truly despicable people. You can't ignore their policies and those of their friends and advisors.