cuervoanderson

Aquarius Gay Guesthouse & Sauna in Phuket

Hi everyone, We are first timers in Phuket. Do you think the Aquarius Gay Guesthouse would be OK for us? We are not looking for something fancy (although it can be). Can some tell us what the vibe of the place is and if its worth staying here. We want to be close to all the action and avoid taxis as much as possible. All honest reviews are welcome!

Whilst I can't comment specifically on Aquarius, I just came back from Phuket today and I stayed in one of the streets that run parallel to where Aquarius is. It's a nice lively area with plenty of massage shops, restaurants, bars and more. I quite liked it. 

15 hours ago, cuervoanderson said:

Hi everyone, We are first timers in Phuket. Do you think the Aquarius Gay Guesthouse would be OK for us? We are not looking for something fancy (although it can be). Can some tell us what the vibe of the place is and if its worth staying here. We want to be close to all the action and avoid taxis as much as possible. All honest reviews are welcome!

I know that you said you're not looking for "something fancy," but have you browsed through the reviews on popular travel sites? 

https://www.agoda.com/aquarius-gay-guesthouse-and-sauna/hotel/phuket-th.html?cid=1844104&ds=PSKygX5bcR29AkY6

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297930-d308748-Reviews-Aquarius_Gay_Guesthouse_and_Sauna-Patong_Kathu_Phuket.html

I cannot judge the guesthouse, but I hope it's in a better shape than the sauna they run on the same premise. That was quite worn down the last time I was there

1 hour ago, siriusBE said:

I cannot judge the guesthouse, but I hope it's in a better shape than the sauna they run on the same premise. That was quite worn down the last time I was there

For reference, when was this?

One of the reviews on the agoda says:

Was just a room unfortunately... very comfortable room, but all the sauna and pool facilities are closed and undergoing a full remodel... guessing they aim to be finished by dry season... just wish I had known in advance... will be great when they are done

Reviewed September 12, 2022

21 hours ago, omega said:

For reference, when was this?

One of the reviews on the agoda says:

To be honest, that was just before COVID started. So things hopefully have changed. The pictures from the rooms look promising and if they also renovate the sauna in a similar way then I would give them another try for sure. But this time, I am on the other side of the gulf... Jomtien and Koh Chang 🙂

On my first visit to Phuket- circa 1997- I visited a Patong sauna in the gay area called- I think- Dolphin. It was mixed, something I didn't discover until I took my shower in the usual way. Initially, I was alone but then saw that other clients entering the room were wearing bathing costumes.

I made my excuses and left, as they say.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

On my first visit to Phuket- circa 1997- I visited a Patong sauna in the gay area called- I think- Dolphin. It was mixed, something I didn't discover until I took my shower in the usual way. Initially, I was alone but then saw that other clients entering the room were wearing bathing costumes.

I made my excuses and left, as they say.

I hope you put on a vaguely German or Scandinavian accent, just to really sell the "its normal to be naked at the sauna" vibe :D