• Members

I just spent 5 days in Santiago de Chile. Zero Sauna or GP activity, so please move on if that’s the only thing you are looking for here. I normally wouldn’t bore our fellow members of ‘standard’ city trip report, but as Santiago is so out of radar, I decided to give a brief report.

First of all, I have to say that I was truly impressed by this country. It’s my first trip and I didn’t expect it’s to be so functional. It’s a latin American country where most things work, and often in a quite logical and efficient manor! The second thing which kinda shocked me is how adverse the nature here is. I’ve always seen south America as a blessed land with benign climate. Chile is more desert and very seismical. It’s even more impressive that they built the tallest building in Latin America, the majestic Costanera tower, which looks curiously like a twin of WTC tower III North in Beijing.

The airport arrival and the trip to the city centre was extremely fluid. It took me less than one hour from the airplane door to the hotel room door. I stayed at the Intercontinental for the first 4 nights and it took the Uber only 20 minutes to complete the 24 km journey. The driver told me that some Chinese company built this new high way with mostly tunnels and it has shortened the trip time by half. The Intercontinental is very solid, a bit outdated but the service is just top. The lounge is one of the best ones I’ve been to, counting Asia. Later I found out that there is even a Mandarin Oriental! For the last night, I moved to Olá Santiago Tapestry by Hilton. I really wanted to try this new brand of HH. It’s simply to the Moxy of Marriott, minimalist and trendy, targeting young customers. They generously gave me a 5 pm late check out as my flight to NYC is after 11 pm. 

The city is obviously affluent, and very easy to navigate. It has a very efficient public transport system, combining metro, bus (they call it micro here), bikes and scooters. A trip costs less than a dollar and it can last up to 2 hours with up to 2 changes. Uber and Didi are cheap, with a trip from Las Condes to the historical centre costing less than 5 dollars. The mobility is essential to the living standard in a big city and Santiago did it right. There are many malls with international and local brands, without the absurd surcharge as in Brazil. Hermes is 50% more expensive than in Europe so at the same price level as in the US. Young people buy mostly in Shein, Temu and Mi, all Chinese.

Currently 1000 Chilean peso make up for 1 euro so it’s easy to calculate the prices. Scotiabank offers fee-free withdrawal to my travel credit card of Revolut. 

It was extremely easy to get a local sim. I got one from WOM for 1 euro in Costanera with 1G data and 50 minutes of calling time, then charged in their app 3G more data and unlimited social media for another euro. 

I did some investigation on real estate prices. In a good area, las Condes, Providentia, etc, a nice condo goes for 3k euros per square meter. Renting a simple room in the centre could cost as low as 150 euros. Considering the slower end salary being around 1k euros, it’s actually easy to have a decent living. That said, I did notice some off-chart expensive things sold in the centre, such as a scone of fries for 10 euros in a random Venezuelan diner. 

China is by far the biggest trading partner of Chile, reaching a bit shy of 40% of their export, 3 folds of to the US, followed by Japan and Korea. I spent the weekend with a young investment advisor of private banking in one of the major banks here. He told me that in general Chileans feel very lucky of having choosing Asia instead of America as their main partner. They are afraid that north America wouldn’t have taken them seriously and the rest of South American neighbors are just too broken. At the same time, they are deeply worried about the economic slowdown in China, hoping it would be a softer landing. 

The city itself doesn’t have many world famous touristic sites. Actually most people I met were surprised that I came for tourism, staying so long and only in Santiago. Some noticeable ones include: serro San Cristobal, serro Santa Lucia, the historical centre, and numerous museums and cultural centres. It’s a bit frustrating that most sites close early at 5 or 6 pm, but the day time lasts until 9ish. They stick to the same time zone as San Paulo even they are much more to the west.

There are interestingly lots of flee markets, mostly in the Lastarria area. It seemed to me that the vendors are just normal people trying to make some extra income or simply get rid of their unneeded stuff, clothes mostly. 

The only less satisfying part of my trip was sex with the locals. For some reason, at least the guys I talked to and I met, most of them have quite small cocks. When I say small, it’s like under 13 cm. Physically speaking, the Chileans look pretty European, with a indigenous touch, which is actually a good combination. But all the cute faces just couldn’t make me overlook their shortcomings. There are also a alarming percentage of bottoms, more than 70% I talked to. Funnily, half of the claim-to-be tops flipped to bottom after they saw my cock, and I have merely an above average Asian cock. I’ve never been to a similar situation in Latin America. They also don’t have the same gym culture as in Brazil, so lots of overweight. I met on average three guys per day and the good ones were mostly foreign immigrants, two from Venezuela, one colombiano and one Cuban. Guys are in general eager to please, especially to who they consider ‘hung’. So all well (normally endowed) fellow top members, please line in front. 

I didn’t hire any GP nor went to a sauna due to the above mentioned reason. I was already disappointed enough by what I was on Grindr and during my free encounters. There are guys on Grindr offering their talent but from what I saw, the talent was quite limited, too. I did take the offer of the certain ‘21 cm’ boy for a professional massage. He quoted for 20k for 45 minutes. It was the first night shortly after I arrived. I didn’t have any pesos with me. I countered offered 20 usd as it was all what I had and he accepted instantly. It was a more pointless poking and rubbing but I believe he tried his best. After the massage, instead of taking the money and leaving, he proposed sex for free. Who am I to reject a ‘21 cm’? Even there were 3 or 4 cm missing. The next day, I got a message from him saying that my 20 usd bill was a bit torn so he couldn’t do the exchange. Between time I have withdrawn the pesos so I exchange my 20 usd bill back. He kept talking to me on the following day, without mentioning of massage nor money. On the 4th day, he asked if it was possible for me to help him to unlock his blocked Grindr account using my phone number. I gave him the local sim number. He insisted using my main phone number and I saw that the verification code was from google. I obviously refused to give him the code. He then threatened to come to my hotel and make a scene. I told him that he could come as he wish and I might call the police if I sense something fishy. Before checking out, I did inform the hotel the incident and they said they’d handle it if he indeed come over. I’m pretty sure he was just bluffing. How stupid these people think we are?

Thank you for your report.  

For some reason, at least the guys I talked to and I met, most of them have quite small cocks. When I say small, it’s like under 13 cm. 

Ok.  Enough to floss my teeth, and swallow them whole!

There are also a alarming percentage of bottoms ...

A world-wide phenonom.  

He insisted using my main phone number and I saw that the verification code was from google.

Will you love me in the morning?

10 minutes ago, babybear2 said:

amazing! 

Judging by the photos, Chili is a much more wealthy, modern, clean country than majority of other south American countries

Chile.

And yes, it's a very sucessful and stable democracy. It's only very slightly behind most other "advanced" nations.

• Members
On 1/18/2024 at 5:25 AM, omega said:

I saw that the verification code was from google. I obviously refused to give him the code.

Very, VERY, wise.

What do you think he was going to do?

30 minutes ago, davet said:

What do you think he was going to do?

Guy noted OP's  email address triggered a password reset... google sends the authentication code to confirm identity... OP gives it to guy... OP loses access to his google  account. Probably account would be sold to hackers.

Every other website/accounts that gmail is used for is now susceptible to being hacked.

Authentication codes are only for you to use on a website. Never give them to anyone.