Marc in Calif

Little Pooty-poot's Russia: SO homophobic!

https://www.advocate.com/russia-jailed-rainbow-frog-earrings

Russian President Vladymir Putin’s crackdown on the LGBTQ+ community notched its first two victims last week.

Last year the Russian Supreme Court declared the undefined “International LGBT Social Movement” an extremist organization allegedly operating to corrupt traditional social values within its borders. A series of raids and arrests followed the declaration.

On Thursday, a Volzhan man identified as Artyom P. pleaded guilty to posting a picture of a Pride flag to Russian social media, according to the court’s press service.

“At the court hearing, the man admitted guilt in committing an administrative offense, repented, explaining that he posted this symbol ‘out of stupidity,’” the statement read. “For committing this offense, by decision of the Volzhsky City Court, Artyom P. was assigned an administrative penalty in the form of an administrative fine in the amount of 1,000 rubles.”

In a separate and more serious case in Nizhny Novgorod, a woman identified as Anastasia Ershov by the independent Russian news site Zona Media was sentenced to five days in custody for the crime of wearing earrings with Pride colors. The crime was revealed in a staged videotaped encounter with a man objecting to her earrings that took place on January 29. Her male friend was accosted for wearing a badge with the Ukraine’s national colors of blue and yellow.

“Come on, take down the flag, b*tch,” the male attacker says in the video as he rips the Ukrainian flag badge from the male victim’s sweater.

Ershov tried to defuse the situation, but the attacker threatened to report her to police. Hours later, the video was posted to Russia social media, including by the misogynistic and pro-war Russian blogger Vladislav Pozdnyakov.

Pozdnyakov is a proponent of a fringe movement known as Male State, which glorifies white Russian men while denigrating women, non-white individuals, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. Last year he wrote on his blog that “feminists and LGBT activists are bio-garbage” and “psychologically sick people who have no place among normal people,” according to RFE/RL.

The court heard that crack Russian investigators determined each earring depicted a frog sitting under a mushroom. While the mushroom was found to be using approved colors of red and white, the frog was emblazoned with bars of the seven colors used in the Pride flag and was, therefore, illegal extremist propaganda.

Last year, the Russian Supreme Court granted a request from the country’s Ministry of Justice to label the “international LGBT social movement” as an “extremist” element. In December the government responded by raiding a series of gay and LGBTQ+ bars.

On 2/14/2024 at 10:17 PM, Marc in Calif said:

Russian President Vladymir Putin’s crackdown

the male attacker says

So, it was Putin, who attacked Ershova? Or what?

Russia is known by strong homophobia. If you wear rainbow flag, you will find troubles very soon, esp. to the east from Moscow. 

Meanwhile gay clubs and saunas are working in Moscow as usual.
Central station https://www.mcentralstation.com/new (ru)
3 monkeys https://www.monkeysclub.info/afisha (ru)
Voda (sauna) https://www.spavoda.com/afisha (ru)

... and so on. More on Goggle map:

1708640272375.thumb.png.a39fac4d5c8b346f3914308823458547.png

administrative fine in the amount of 1,000 rubles

US$ 10.7

34 minutes ago, Moses said:

Could you please quote me where I "minimize" homophobia? 

You noted that the administrative fine was $10. You wouldn't have even mentioned the fine if it had been $1000. You were simply attempting to show that it was a fairly small amount for non-Russkiis. 

No, you didn't need to use the word "minimize." Your comment was sufficient. 🎯

Any other gotcha question attempts? 🥰

3 hours ago, Moses said:

By the way: Biden, while still a presidential candidate in September 2020, promised that he would resolve this issue in Poland.

And, as always, he did nothing.

1708670605715.png

You're about 4500 miles off. Believe it or not, it's not up to Biden to resolve hate crimes in Poland. Your typical deflection though. 

2 hours ago, Moses said:

Why he is talking about that then?

Talking about hate and prejudice is not the same as doing something about it when it's in a foreign country. Perhaps the world would be a better place if the US, UK

7 hours ago, Moses said:

Biden, while still a presidential candidate in September 2020, promised that he would resolve this issue in Poland.

Where did he say he would resolve it?

Perhaps the world would be a better place if the US, UK, Russia, China and others solved the problems in their own countries and left others alone.

44 minutes ago, Marc in Calif said:

Easy: because this is a thread about homophobia in Russia🎯

And tell me now about homophobia in Russia. I am not in Moscow right now (I hope the site administration will not reveal where I am writing from now, although this is the soul of Russia) I returned from a beer bar that my gay friend keeps, I had a great time with interesting guys. Oh, horror, I was also in the company of Ukrainians who fled the Kiev regime after 2014. They could have done it, they have relatives in Russia.I feel sorry for those who could not escape from the Kiev regime.

But we also talked about the USA. When LGBT was criminalized in Russia, your government was silent, but what can you expect from old people with dementia? But when the thief and bandit Navalny died, your crazy grandfather started talking.

By the way, thanks to your impotents, on Monday I will receive +5% of the capital invested on Thursday. Our market was expecting Armageddon, but it didn't happen, as I expected

I'm sorry, I'm drunk right now, if you start to object to me, I probably won't be able to answer until tomorrow.

16 hours ago, forky123 said:

in their own countries and left others alone.

Well, what is this thread about then? "Nobody from Nowhere" is trying to tell me what Western propaganda "really" thinks is happening around me?

14 hours ago, Marc in Calif said:

You are either very stupid or very obtuse.

Do you have to demonstrate the typical behavior of a poorly educated, uncultured person? When such an opponent does not have enough arguments for discussion, he switches to the personality of the interlocutor.

10 hours ago, Moses said:

Do you have to demonstrate the typical behavior of a poorly educated, uncultured person? When such an opponent does not have enough arguments for discussion, he switches to the personality of the interlocutor.

So you believe that gay, lesbian, and transgender people in Russia have freedom of expression? Do they have freedom of speech? Are they free to meet people like themselves in public places? Please provide verified evidence.

For that matter, do ANY Russian people have freedom of expression? Do they have freedom of speech? Can they wear ANY type of clothing and say ANYTHING they want that doesn't result in a crime or the endangerment of others? Please provide verified evidence. 

• Members
On 2/22/2024 at 2:12 PM, Moses said:

Russia is known by strong homophobia. If you wear rainbow flag, you will find troubles very soon, esp. to the east from Moscow. 

Meanwhile gay clubs and saunas are working in Moscow as usual.
Central station https://www.mcentralstation.com/new (ru)
3 monkeys https://www.monkeysclub.info/afisha (ru)
Voda (sauna) https://www.spavoda.com/afisha (ru)

Thanks for the info.  It seems strange that gay clubs can survive in a place where Pride earrings get you a jail sentence.  But much of the world seems pretty strange these days.

On 2/23/2024 at 6:33 AM, forky123 said:

Perhaps the world would be a better place if the US, UK, Russia, China and others solved the problems in their own countries and left others alone.

Honestly, every time I get ready to tell the Russians or Chinese what to do, I see our President slow-walking the Israeli destruction of Gaza.  If I can't get my own country to help a disappearing population survive, I'm not sure how effective I can be in solving problems on the other side of the world.

Haven't given up, that's for sure, but for me this is a time of focus on things closer to home.

• Members
On 2/23/2024 at 9:57 AM, Kostik said:

But we also talked about the USA. When LGBT was criminalized in Russia, your government was silent, but what can you expect from old people with dementia? But when the thief and bandit Navalny died, your crazy grandfather started talking.

A statement like that reflects your ignorance, or perhaps I should say inexperience, of the fabric of democracy and social change  And it also is a great example of the price people will pay in Russia for Murderous Vlad's genocide.  At least the price LGBTQ people will pay.

On an issue like LGBTQ rights, it's just a given that almost every government everywhere will be behind the curve - 100 % of the time.  This was certainly true in the US.  We're an easy minority to target and discriminate against.  We know this because it has actually happened for almost all of human history. 

It was a disappointment, but not a surprise, that when Obama was running in 2008 he was against same sex marriage.  Same sex marriage lost a key vote in California the same night Obama won in 2008.  Biden actually was more ahead of the curve than most politicians.  He has survived in politics as long as he has by being cautious.  And never getting too far ahead of the curve.  But on same sex marriage, I think the fact that he came out relatively early showed what has always been in his heart. 

Regardless, it took decades of fighting politicians like Biden to even begin to get into the edges of the political mainstream on same sex marriage.

Vlad is of course doing the opposite.  Appeasing the conservative values of his base.  And gaining support by doing it.  I can hardly blame him for that, compared to the genocide in Ukraine for example.  Again, we're such an easy target.  And always have been.  How could a genocidal sadist resist?  At least he's not rounding The Gays up and throwing them in prison.  Yet.

Russia is, by Vlad's choice, now out of the Western economic, political, and cultural mainstream for decades to come.  And it's fine if a lot of Russians, even the majority, say, "Good riddance."  Vlad will do a great job with his kleptocrats of building an economy that relies on weapons, fossil fuels, and turning millions of Russians into fertilizer.  There's money to be made in doing so, as you noted.

On 2/23/2024 at 9:57 AM, Kostik said:

By the way, thanks to your impotents, on Monday I will receive +5% of the capital invested on Thursday. Our market was expecting Armageddon, but it didn't happen, as I expected

Good for you.  I made 15 % in one day on Thursday on SOXL and FNGU, which are exchange traded funds of all the big semiconductor and digital economy names.  We now have an economic divide where the US leads the development of many of the most important technologies of our time.  And Vlad increasingly excels at turning Russians into fertilizer.  Woo hoo!

Gays will pay a price because this not only limits Russian exposure to high end technology and free trade.  It also limits and in fact pretty much ends the grassroots and personal cultural exchanges that have done a huge amount for the LGBTQ movement all over the world.  Gay tourists are probably #1 on the list of Gay ambassadors.  Except tourists don't want to visit Genocide World anymore.  Let alone Gay tourists.

One of my organizing partners in crime took what worked in the US on same sex marriage and brought it to Ireland and made it work.  On a national referendum.  In one of the most Catholic countries in the world.  So that's the kind of thing that probably would NOT have happened in Russia a decade ago, anyway.  But it sure as shit won't happen now.  Thank your sadist for that.  Not Grandpa Joe.

Of course, most Russians don't view this as paying a price, at all.  They view it as Vlad's noble defense of traditional Russian values.  You can have the 20th century and genocide, if you prefer.  Or the 19th century and genocide, even.  America, and the global LGBTQ movement, can and will build the 21st century without you.

Maybe you can catch up in the 22nd century.  But that's for another lifetime.  For now, you're just out of the mainstream for decades to come.  But enjoy your beer.

• Members

polish-village-sues-activist-signs.jpg

That picture is a great example of my point about Russia being outside the cultural mainstream for the rest of our lifetimes.

First, @Moses, thanks for being honest about Russia's "strong" homophobia.  And your point about Poland makes sense.  Russia is certainly not the only place in the world with a conservative and homophobic government.

But who the fuck wants to live in Zakrzówek?  It's not exactly Ibiza or Puerto Vallarta.  I don't think we're missing much, really.

Apparently, two groups that do not want to, or can't, live in Zakrzówek are Poles, and Jews.

I say Poles because the population of Zakrzówek declined from 7,212 in 2002 to 6,243 in 2021. At least you can't blame that on The Gays!  IMHO I think we should let them have their homophobic sign.  At least it adds a hint of color to a boring place no one wants to live in anymore.  

Jews may have wanted to live there at one point.  But they didn't really have a choice, either.

So it's an extreme example of everything that is backward and indecent and cruel.  And has been for a long time, it seems.

Moscow is an explosion of Gay culture compared to Zakrzówek, I suspect.  But the LGBTQ movement there is still fucked.  Like Jews in Poland in 1942, unfortunately you are on the wrong side of history.  It is a tragedy .  Especially because, these days, most of the rest of the world is on the right side of history.

9 hours ago, stevenkesslar said:

the US leads the development of many of the most important technologies of our time.

Funny. Semiconductor chips are manufactured by China, other countries cannot even come close to it. You are right about one thing, the United States is in the first place in theft and murder, in illegal invasions of other states, in the absence of freedom of speech and the power of propaganda.

9 hours ago, stevenkesslar said:

For now, you're just out of the mainstream for decades to come

Is this from the same propaganda lie as the sharp decline of the Russian economy? 🤣

• Members
2 hours ago, Kostik said:

Semiconductor chips are manufactured by China

It's Taiwan, actually.  That's the point.  Master Xi is tolerating his sadistic and genocidal lapdog because it tests whether Master Xi can get away with a bloodbath in Taiwan.  So far, survey says, "no".

And somehow Dementia Joe managed to get a huge bill on US semiconductor factories passed.  Let's check back on that in a decade.

This is one reason why millions of Russians will be turned into fertilizer in Vlad's Glorious Wartime Fertilizer economy.   Republicans have a hard on for confronting or containing China.  So even if the MAGA folks don't give a shit about Ukraine and democracy, the bipartisan consensus on NATO and alliances will hold.  Because Republicans, despite Trump, won't want to to encourage Master Xi to go after Taiwan like Murderous Vlad is going after Ukraine.  

Democrats, and the rest of the planet, seem to understand that a war between China and the US would be a global disaster that must be avoided.  Whereas a regional war that primarily turns Russians into fertilizer is tolerable.  We know this because Vlad's Glorious Wartime Fertilizer Economy is seemingly working well for Russia.  Have fun!

That's not a prediction, or a hope.  It's a tragedy.  Why would a country want a genocidal sadist as a leader who intentionally turns his people into fertilizer?  But, hey, you guys have a free and fair election coming up.  

2 hours ago, Kostik said:

Is this from the same propaganda lie as the sharp decline of the Russian economy? 🤣

As it happens, just read a new article on the topic in one of our best sources of lies and US genocide propaganda, Politico

The West tried to crush Russia’s economy. Why hasn’t it worked?

Great article that nicely summarizes most of the main reasons why. 

I had no idea what to expect when all the sanctions hit.  I don't think anyone did, really.  Partly because it's never been done before. 

But just think about that.  One thing about the Cold War is it was all about the US and USSR not fucking with each other.  So now we're in a situation where most of the leading economies in the world have agreed, "Let's just let Murderous Vlad go to economic time out for the rest of our lifetimes."  If you think that says something good about Russia, or is good news for Russia, go ahead and believe it.  Master Xi will still buy your oil.  India will buy your weapons, even as they form strategic alliances with the US.  Everyone likes cheap shit being sold by a desperate sadist.

Personally, I think this is pretty good news for the world.  Russia is in economic time out for a very long time.  If Russia wants Vlad's Glorious Wartime Fertilizer Economy,  it's your choice.  Since Russia is one of the few democracies in the world, of course.  😉   Like I said, there is money to be made turning Russians into fertilizer.  And Vlad and his kleptocrats will make it.  You are right that the US imprisons more people than Russia.  But at least we don't turn them into fertilizer.  😲  But if it works for you, your choice.

The long term consequences are the same.  Historians will debate what ended the USSR forever.  But US technology was one of the big reasons.  In two ways.  Directly, we won an arms race that was in part based on superior technologies.  Vlad now thinks he can win that game.  Ha ha.  Second, the overwhelming force of US and Western technology was just financially too much for the USSR.  The Soviet Union actually did a good job at industrialization and factories.  GDP growth in the 50's and 60's was great for you.  But the digital economy didn't work so well for the USSR.  And it isn't working so well for Russia, it seems.  Funny, since Russia is all about democracy and open information and innovation.  But, hey, you will always have fertilizer and oil and weapons from North Korea and Iran. 

If you think that's how you win in the end, good for you.  Might want to read some history, though.

By the way, that article above confirms everything you are saying about how all US journalism is propaganda designed to promote US genocide, US hegemony, and Mostly Super Bad American Shit all over the planet.  Wheras Vlad's Russia and "news" is docile, decent, and kind.  Obviously the headline screams that US propaganda will do anything it takes to make it seem like US and Western policies against Russia are working perfectly.

As it happens, I went to college with the co-founder of Politico and we worked on the student newspaper together. So I can confirm that he is deeply committed to US propaganda, and the overarching goal of US genocide.  We used to sit around and drink beer as college students and speculate about how to create crappy stories that deceive people and promote mass murder.  Which is obviously what Politico does.  It's just that Americans and the rest of the world are too stupid to figure it out. 

That said, the plan worked.  When I went to college the Cold War was still raging.  So you had the USSR and Pravda, promoter of kindness and decency.  And the US and the New York Times, promoter of genocide.  Obviously, genocide won.  The USSR is history and the US/NATO doctrine of genocide and lies won.  Democracy is of course just a lie that billions of people have been fooled into.

Which is why Vlad is the best.  In addition to figuring out how to turn Russians into fertilizer, he's one of the few leaders left that will tell you the truth!  Other than Trump, of course.

BN-UE282_TRUMPP_IM_20170707145413.gif

21 minutes ago, stevenkesslar said:

It's Taiwan, actually

Ha ha!

22 minutes ago, stevenkesslar said:

Master Xi is tolerating his sadistic and genocidal lapdog

It's for sure that chairman Xi tolerates murderers and maniacs from the United States as long as they bring money.

26 minutes ago, stevenkesslar said:

Let's check back on that in a decade.

Yes. Those who are now in power in the United States do not expect to live even a couple of years. You have a gerontocracy . What 10 years? 🤣

27 minutes ago, stevenkesslar said:

Great article that nicely summarizes most of the main reasons why. 

When the SVO began 2 years ago, someone on these forums retold what he had read in American propaganda. And then it was funny to read, it was full of self-confidence. Now history repeats itself. Your propaganda is also very funny to read
The whole world is watching US citizens turn into vegetables. For the most part, residents of the United States are suitable only for fertilizers. It is clear why your propaganda talks about others in such a way. It is clear why the United States started the Ukrainian conflict in 2014, it is clear to everyone why the United States, as always, began to destroy civilians, as it used to.

• Members
2 hours ago, stevenkesslar said:

Let's check back on that in a decade.

1 hour ago, Kostik said:

Yes. Those who are now in power in the United States do not expect to live even a couple of years. You have a gerontocracy . What 10 years? 🤣

Thank you.  That's my point.

It's easy for me to see why Biden has a problem with younger voters who view Trump as anathema.  I have a lot of nieces and nephews.  The oldest ones are Gen X.  And while they tend to be more conservative, like the generation that grew up under Reagan (and the dismantling of the USSR), they don't like MAGA and old people bickering.  The Millennial and Gen Z cohort can't wait for generational change.  And I just keep repeating I can't wait, either.

One could argue Trump and Biden look like the last leaders of the Soviet Union.  That's fair.  But what's interesting is those leaders did actually symbolize a corrupt Communist economy that was aging and about to collapse.  That's hardly the United States today.  I just wish I had bought even more semiconductor stocks.  I'm up almost 100 % since last Fall on FNGU.  Biden may be having a hard time getting his ideas across.  The US stock market, and American-led technological innovations, are speaking with a roar.

One of my nephews said it best recently.  This food fight in the US will end when Baby Boomers age out.  Trump is a Boomer, as was Bush 43 and Clinton.  Biden is too old to be a Boomer.  Happily, the resilience of the US economy, and the global capitalist economy, does not really depend on Biden or Trump. Russia will only be a tiny part of it.  Enjoy your time out.  Eat some vegetables.

1 hour ago, Kostik said:

The whole world is watching US citizens turn into vegetables. It is clear why the United States started the Ukrainian conflict in 2014, it is clear to everyone why the United States, as always, began to destroy civilians, as it used to.

Tragic, isn't it?  Which is why as a Gay man and American I am grateful that we have Vladimir Putin's Russia to offer the world light and hope.  Plus decency, kindness, and fairness.

dog.gif