reader

Suvarnabhumi 58th in Skytrax ranking

From Thai PBS World

Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport is ranked at 58 in the Skytrax World Airport Awards 2024, an improvement from last year’s 68th placing.

The international airport ranking website places Doha Hamad Airport at the top of the list. Singapore Changi, last year’s winner, dropped to second place this year.

Airports of Thailand (AOT) adds that their satellite terminal one (SAT-1) received 4 stars this year, for the architecture, cleanliness, overall atmosphere, facilities and automation.

These automatic systems include check-ins terminals, bag drop, self-boarding gates and the passenger validation system.

While Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin is aiming for Thailand to become a regional aviation hub, the current per-passenger duration for international in-bound processing at Suvarnabhumi Airport is 26 minutes and 37 minutes per out-bound passenger.

Meanwhile, the time taken for domestic arrivals is 15 minutes per passenger and 25 minutes per passenger for departures.

Don Mueang International Airport is ranked tenth among the World’s Best Low-Cost Airline Terminals. The rankings are based on traveller questionnaires conducted from August 2023 to March 2024.

skytrax-600x338.png

View full list:

https://www.worldairportawards.com/a-z-airport-awards-winners-2024/

46 minutes ago, reader said:

From Thai PBS World

Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport is ranked at 58 in the Skytrax World Airport Awards 2024, an improvement from last year’s 68th placing.

The international airport ranking website places Doha Hamad Airport at the top of the list. Singapore Changi, last year’s winner, dropped to second place this year.

Airports of Thailand (AOT) adds that their satellite terminal one (SAT-1) received 4 stars this year, for the architecture, cleanliness, overall atmosphere, facilities and automation.

These automatic systems include check-ins terminals, bag drop, self-boarding gates and the passenger validation system.

They make it sound like SAT-1 does have check in and baggage drop ... I don't believe that... but SAT-1 has japanese toilets!

• Members

I always found CDG a bit of a mess. Not quite as bad as LHR, but not easy to get around, either. DFW is at least as big, but so easy to get around. Are other posters enthusiastic as CDG as Skytrax seems to be?

8 hours ago, unicorn said:

I always found CDG a bit of a mess. Not quite as bad as LHR, but not easy to get around, either. DFW is at least as big, but so easy to get around. Are other posters enthusiastic as CDG as Skytrax seems to be?

Not me, I also find CDG to be difficult,  and inefficient.