firecat69

Back in Thailand

Because of Christians post on Best Pizza , I decided to go find Scoozi in Siam Paragon Mall.  I have been in this mall at least 100 times and I had to search for Scoozi but to my amazement there were 20 other restaurants there in the same corridor. Everything from Sushi, Seafood, Japanese etc etc etc.

I ordered the same pizza Christian ordered. It came fairly fast which is why I could not understand that it was close to cold. Sent it back, came back ok. Pizza is fair at best about what I thought of it 6 years ago when I had it at their original location on Surawong, 2 blocks from Gay area..

They do have a wood oven and you can watch them make the pizza. I could not find an entrance to the restaurant until they pointed to the open sitting area across the way.  I will give them another chance because some of the things on the menu look good, but never again pizza.

I took photos of some other restaurants also and a high price antique store.  A really great area that somehow I never found.

While i was eating I was on my phone with jack'd and sent 4 message out. No replies. I probably choose rich boys who have no interest in hook ups at least with an old guy. Oh well, I am tired anyways.  heheheh

post-243-0-82410000-1382011076_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-46509800-1382011094_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-08393800-1382011119_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-58801700-1382011136_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-48453100-1382011174_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-74508700-1382011200_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-80238400-1382011228_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-50881000-1382011247_thumb.jpg

Guest Garrison

Firecat69, that is a really sweet deal. And I love that gorgeous tub. The view is truly spectacular. Wow!

The dessert display case offerings ultimately won out, though. So much for my purported self-discipline.

Enjoy your well-earned break from your holiday in Pattaya.

Thanks for the pics.

a big deep tub that you can view from the bedroom or you can lower the curtains.( electric switch) 

Is the switch outside the room?  I see some fun to be had here......

• Who is this human form visible against the window? You or resident hotel ghost?
  •  
  • You right  about extremely good deal with limo from Pattaya for 40 $, probably most of us pay more  just to get to airport where we live. 

What do you mean you are tired? Just bring boy special , do not molest him but ask him to wrap himself around you in bed, go to sleep as his pillow and in the morning you will be years younger. This is my method of fighting jet lag and it works with bit of self discipline / I let boy to molest me if he wishes though, some actually do ,  considering age difference it's not bad self esteem  booster for me/ .

Enjoy your time in this most invigorating city in the world. 

Guest anonone

Great updates firecat.

It has been a long time since I spent time in Bangkok. If I remember correctly, your hotel is pretty close to Lumphini Park. If you are a morning person, the park is an interesting place to wander around in the comfortable morning air.

I came across the largest, open air group aerobic class ever witnessed. A lot of smaller groups doing tai chi, meditation, etc.

The park itself is a nice green oasis in the city. Just a suggestion since you are taking a boy break. LOL.

Need a rest? We expect more from you! :-)

That does look nice. I'm staying at the Grand Hyatt Erawan when I get to town. I get 1 free night in any category 1-4 Hyatt per year plus platinum status just for holding their co-branded credit card. So I'm using my free night there plus one night on points and one night I am paying for. So it works out to about $80/night. I am looking forward to it.

So today I decided to go to one of my favorite places in Bangkok, Cutey and Beauty.

They are a hair salon which does pedicures and manicures, facials, foot massages etc.  They cater to a large Gay Client base and have a pretty stable work force that has been there many years.

Today they had a new boy , Tom, very cute and I needed a pedicure badly.  Unlike many places you can get a pedicure Cutey and Beauty has the right kind high quality clippers etc for gnarly nails like mine and they take their time and do a good job. 

The boys are nice to look at , the music low and you will be offered tea, coffee or water.

I was there at opening of 10 am so only 2 boys were there and I got a photo of them attached.

Easy to find it is on Thanyia in Thanyia Plaza on the 3rf floor. This is in between  Silom and Surawong but closer to Silom.

If you take Skytrain to Saladaeng, you will be 2 minutes away.

PS:   Boy on left is much cuter then photo.  In the past it has been impossible to contact any of the boys outside of work because owner frowned on it. Not sure if it is the same owner now , but if so ,he has not been there the last 3 visits so I might have to take swing at Tom..  heheheh

post-243-0-25755300-1382073166_thumb.jpg

I got tired of being a good boy . 36 hours is enough.  Hit Gayromeo and who should be there but an 18 year old I met last trip in Pattaya.  He has moved to Bangkok to attend the University and naturally he needs money for books.. HeHe

He lives by Victory Monument so he arrived at my Hotel in about and hour with some help from one of the door men at the Hotel.

I gave the doorman the phone and he told him how to find the Hotel from the Skytrain station. I love Bangkok!!

post-243-0-67393200-1382084355_thumb.jpg

I have not been to that Salon.  So last night I finally got to try a Burger at Firehouse.  Met Michael and BF#1 and Devint6669.

Traffic was horrible around 6pm but SkyTrain got me to Nana and walk down the stairs and you are on Soi 11. Ten minute walk or less and you are at Firehouse.. Place was smaller then I thought it would be but quite nice inside. An added attraction is that now you are only 3 minute walk from Hero Massage..

I ordered a Baconater with Cheddar and I have to say it is the best burger I have had in Thailand.  French Fries and Onion Rings were great as well.  Lot of chatting and laughing and then look outside and it is pouring buckets of water. It was such a nice sunny day , I was not prepared or expecting this nor were any of us. Nothing to do but stay awhile and hope the storm passes.

We decided to try some desserts which none of us need but need to kill time.  I ordered a Cherry Crumble CheeseCake and was rewarded with one of the best CheeseCakes I have ever had.  In Thailand I usually find the cheesecakes to be to heavy but this rendition was very light and so delicious.

So a very high rating for Firehouse and an even higher rating for the Company. Rain stopped and went back to Hotel not wanting to take a chance on getting caught again.

Maybe Soi Twilight tomorrow if it does not rain?

post-243-0-08193500-1382137222_thumb.jpg

I'd check cholesterol level after all those cheeseburgers and desserts unless  you had couple drinks of something more substantial than wine.

Four gentlemen 3 minutes from HERO and  nobody venture to inspect? LOL

They were reports about new bar ZEUS in soi Twilight, would you like to confirm if it's true if you go there

Great mystery  for me is as heavy as I am, my cholesterol and sugar are perfect.  Still no excuse and have to get to work on it. So much harder when you get older to lose weight.

Think I heard something about it being another mediocre addition in the same building but I will look for Zeus tonight if the rains stay away.

Great mystery  for me is as heavy as I am, my cholesterol and sugar are perfect.  Still no excuse and have to get to work on it. So much harder when you get older to lose weight.

Think I heard something about it being another mediocre addition in the same building but I will look for Zeus tonight if the rains stay away.

Regular boyscapades to LOL are probably helping you to stay with perfect levels.

Somebody mentioned that Zeus may be in old Ocean Boys place ?

I know Michael has done a good report on Bumungrad Hospital but I will chime in with my experience today.

I wanted to see a Cardiologist I saw 4 years ago and bounce what my Dr in Atlanta is doing for my high blood pressure off of him

I also have a healthy distrust of Dr's in the USA and especially restrictions put on them by Insurance Companies.

I went  there to discuss the medicines I am on and also to talk about a stress test with Echocardiograms before and after.

At any rate we decided to do the stress test if for no other reason to calm concerns of any possible blockages.  

Passed with flying colors and the Cardiologist personally did the stress test. Good luck having that happen in the USA.

Total cost for Dr Test and some medicine for a month about $350.  My copay would probably be more then that in the USA.

Keep in mind , I only made an appointment to see the Cardiologist but they were able to do the stress test at same time. In USA it would have required 2 separate appointments and days in between.

This is one of the finest Hospitals in the world and they have spared no expense.  Each Floor has a speciality and their own cashier and pharmacy for that floor only.  In the photos below you will see the entrance as you arrive by taxi and then the sign in desk on your specialty floor , a shot of the Atrium in this Wing , the cashiers desk and some photos out the window in waiting area.

If you get sick in Thailand , have no fear of the care you will get at this hospital and if you need procedures done in your home country that insurance will not pay for or the wait is too long, you will be surprised with how reasonable health care cost are in the Land of Smiles.

Sunny today and hopefully no rain tonight and I will be off to Soi Twilight and report on some boys I hope.

Sorry there has not been a lot of boy stuff the last few days but hope you still find the posts interesting?

post-243-0-61960800-1382164204_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-26183700-1382164236_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-97692100-1382164262_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-47740000-1382164291_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-58058400-1382164321_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-41503900-1382164351_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-37753700-1382164385_thumb.jpg

stay away from doctors and hospitals as it is very unhealthy thing to get sick !

Health costs in LOS  may be reasonable for Westerners, specially with good insurance but what about for Thais. Do they have any form of public health insurance ? Thaksin introduced 30 baht doctor visits but what after that?

Just asking as I do not have an idea.

Anyways is good to know that we can count on 1st class care if need, God forbid,  arises

We tend to forget that there are many wealthy Thais and an upper middle class that need this kind of care. Also a large % of their customers are from the Middle East where good heath care is non existent .

The boys we meet could never go to this Hospital but I am told there are some good Hospitals for the poor but some bad ones also.

Same  Same many countries.

So it did not rain last night and I headed out to Soi Twilight and met Michael and Devint6669 at Maxi's for a drink.  It was early at 830pm and things were a little slow. After awhile Christian stopped by to say hello and chat for a few minutes..

At 915 we took a walk down the Soi and checked out Zeus which is at least the 3rd incarnation of the former Future Boys. They all have failed and probably so will this one.  Lot of fanfare outside about Grand Opening and contests but upon looking in 6 boys on stage. Certainly not worth the 300 baht drinks.

We meandered back the other way and entered X Boys.  This used to be my favorite bar when Soi Twilight was a regular destination for me.  I have not been there for a few months and am interested to see what they have on offer.

The 3 of us sit down on the side of the stage and shortly thereafter Christian joins us.  They have a number of attractive boys and the level of the music is bearable.

We ask each other who is our favorite boy on stage.  Beyond belief, we all pick the same boy,  #24    4 Guys who rarely agree  on types and we all pick the same boy.  But none of us did anything about it.  Maybe another night.

When the Show started we left and that was it for the night.  To be honest at 300 baht a drink bar - hopping is not interesting to any of us.

Thank god for the Singaporeans, Chinese, Japanese etc.  Because if these bars needed to survive on Westerners , they would starve.

Two photos of the street below. In one you can see all the massage bos standing around!

post-243-0-86526000-1382224277_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-31877900-1382224314_thumb.jpg

• another great report,

out of 6 Bangkok Massage boys 5 are glued to their smartphones and only one keeping watch on soi's goings !

thank you for checking Zeus, no wonder reports about it are scarce

if bars need Westerners to survive likely they would reduce prices instead of starving, sadly not a case

whatever prices are , still thank God for that soi ! 

hope boy # 24 will not change his number for another month

So it did not rain last night and I headed out to Soi Twilight and met Michael and Devint6669 at Maxi's for a drink.  It was early at 830pm and things were a little slow. After awhile Christian stopped by to say hello and chat for a few minutes..

This was my first time out in a month. My back has been out and I haven't really done anything and Firecat and Dev asked me to join in the Soi. I am glad I did.

I had a nice Chicken Fried Rice at Maxi's. It was much better than the last one at Dick's cafe.

I was also surprised that all of us like the exact same guy. He was fun and flirtations and very cute. I hope he is there for a bit so someone on the board can test him out and let us know how he is.

• if bars need Westerners to survive likely they would reduce prices instead of starving, sadly not a case
  • whatever prices are , still thank God for that soi ! 
  • hope boy # 24 will not change his number for another month
No the Thai way is if business is bad they raise the prices never lower them!!  So many instances of that I can't count them.

This was my first time out in a month. My back has been out and I haven't really done anything and Firecat and Dev asked me to join in the Soi. I am glad I did.

I was also surprised that all of us like the exact same guy. He was fun and flirtations and very cute. I hope he is there for a bit so someone on the board can test him out and let us know how he is.

That 's why you were quiet recently on the forum, I thought you left LOS for some less rainy destination.

This is not good and hope you feeling better now.

If boy was fun, flirtatious  and cute it's rather less surprising that all of you connoisseurs voted for him. 

Looks you guys had a nice convention two nights  in row . .

The Zeus is former Ocean boys / Future Boys. I was there some weeks ago with a friend, both of us were not overwhelmed. I stayed in X-Boys for the show (until the golf ball, then it got too boring so I left) and there were boys with fluorescent paint "X-Boys" and "The Zeus" which indicates that both bars are under same management (and someone commented somewhere that The Zeus swaps boys with another bar, if I remember correctly).

I commented on yesterday's visit to Soi Twilight on SGT, let me just copy:

Yesterday (Saturday 19.10.2013) I was in Soi Twilight and noticed some bars changed their drink prices (from their advertising in the Soi).

X-Size 290 Baht (down from 300, that's new, but I remember they had a promotion some months ago with 250 Baht drinks),
Dream Boys 380 Baht (in words: three hundred and eighty, up from 350),
Fresh Boys 320 Baht (up from 300)

I don't know if these are the same for any day or weekend prices (like in Tawan: weekdays 300, weekend 350).

Anyway, for me number of visits to Soi Twilight bars are now counted in events per year. I walk through Soi Twilight every time I am in Silom/Sathorn/Hua Lampong area (which is up to twice per week), but save my money for Pattaya (where I go into several bars each weekend I am in Pattaya).

Yesterday was one of the rare occasions that I went into a gogo bar in Bangkok (X-Boys, drink 300 Baht). Customers were mainly Asian, and during show time they were full at about 80% capacity.

A question I have asked before and nobody could answer: is it really that expensive to run a gogo bar in Bangkok and owners are just breaking even or making a loss or does the money you spend on drinks funds the owner's luxurious livestyle.

They don't care about about European and USA etc.  People from Singapore, Japan, Honk Kong think the prices are cheap and happy to pay. Cannot blame owners.

Pattaya is the reverse . Few Asian customers although it is increasing and many expats and they will not pay those high prices.

Basically Pattaya is 1/2 the price of Soi Twilight to drink and off boy and fee to boy is at least 1/3 less.

Way more bang for your buck in Pattaya.  But I still love visiting Bangkok for a multitude of reasons.