Guest anonone

Some Bangkok bar advice?

Guest anonone

I have just finished up travel plans for my July visit.  Instead of staying in Pattaya for the entire time, BF and I will head from Pattaya to Isan for a long-overdue visit with his family for a couple of days toward the end of the trip.  Due to the timing of air travel, I now have a single night in Bangkok by myself before an early morning flight back to the USA.

I haven't spent any time in Bangkok for 4 years, so I am totally in the dark about the bar scene there.  I have tentatively booked a room at the Crowne Plaza (Silom and Rama IV intersection - Lumphini Park), which from the maps puts me right in the center of the gay scene.  I can change this if needed, but booked using points so no cost, which is a major plus.

I wouldn't mind seeing a show if it was worth it. I seem to recall Bangkok having better / full on sex shows but maybe that has changed of late.  I check out the XBoys Pattaya show a couple times each year, especially if I am visiting during one of their special show days.  Any comparisons for Bangkok shows would be great.

So...for you Bangkok experts...which places do you recommend for a night of debauchery in Bangkok.  I am not necessarily looking for an "off", though if I happen to find someone special it would not be out of the realm of possibility.  I am more looking for some sleazy fun in the bars, similar to Eros or Good Boys in Pattaya.  For those that don't know me, I greatly prefer twink / boy next door types over manly, but hands-on fun with any type is always a good time.  :)

Thanks.

Just go to Dream Boys. Depending on night of the week there will be 50-100 boys.  Get there early for the 10:30 show and get a front row seat.  There are all types and easily the best selection . Drinks are expensive , just the way it is in Bangkok.

The show is entertaining especially if you have not been in a long time even if they are restricted somewhat on the Sex Part.

There are other choices but you will have 30% of the number of boys in most cases and the show nowhere near as good.

After the show take your drink and go downstairs  to Boys Bangkok where there will be some Hot Coyote dancers and some of the boys who were upstairs.

Arrive at 10 and you will get to look over the selection for 30 minutes before the show which usually starts on time. 90% of the customers will be Asian.

Of course you could always stop at the outdoor bars such as the one under Hot Male where the drinks are cheap and you will probably see some Lao and Viet Boys fully clothed but quite willing to be offed.

Since I am well aware of his type having met his BF, I think he will not like the limited and street type boys in those particular Bars.

Of course that is IMHO.   I kind of missed that sentence of sleazy fun (silly me).  In that case maybe just walking down Silom and picking out one of the massage boys might be a good alternative.  Sometimes there are some Diamonds and willing to please.

Guest anonone

Thanks Firecat.  Does DreamBoys have hands on fun or is it more the place to see the show and then move on?  If I was to see one show in Bangkok, is that the one to go for? 

Thanks koko.  Taking a look at the map, it seems these 2 are a bit off from the rest of the bars.  I have to think I haven't ever been to either one of these.  I am long overdue for a visit if these are purveyors of sleeze in Bangkok. 

To expound on my initial post, I am kinda expecting to do a quick overview of everything Bangkok has to offer...or at least as much as I can fit in for a single night.  So before the gogo bars get hopping I will probably be at Balcony for a start off drink, just because it was the first gay bar in Thailand that I ever visited.   A bit of nostalgia there and just see if it is how I remember now. 

I would like to stop by Scorpion, just to see these mystical Vietnamese beauties with my own eyes.  Do the beer bars on Soi Twilight open up around 6?  What are the other "don't miss" venues on Twilight?

**Added. I also expect I will wind up at DJ Station at some point.  I have not been there before so want to check it out.  Unfortunately, this will be a Sunday night.  Happy day.  I just realized it will be a Saturday night, so much better.  Anyone familiar with how late there will still be stuff going on there?  I am betting it will be an all nighter for me before heading to the airport... :yahoo:

Just looking for some opinions on interesting experiences to be had in Bangkok for a Pattaya veteran.

Guest anonone

Since I am well aware of his type having met his BF, I think he will not like the limited and street type boys in those particular Bars.

Of course that is IMHO.   I kind of missed that sentence of sleazy fun (silly me).  In that case maybe just walking down Silom and picking out one of the massage boys might be a good alternative.  Sometimes there are some Diamonds and willing to please.

Hi Firecat.  I think we posted at the same time.

Yes, you know my preferences, for sure...so I am eager to see the line up at Dream Boys.  I really don't plan on taking anyone off, just looking to explore the Bangkok scene for the limited time I have available.

I do like to have some hands on fun (sleeze) and am not quite so picky when it comes to my partners for that in the bar.  LOL 

Nature boys is probably a better bet then Golden Cock at least last time I visited.  Nature Boys makes Vassa look huge so only few boys and few customers but certainly they are willing in the Bar.  Dream Boys is really for the Show and it is by far the Best show and depending on the police you may get full Sex.  You might get some Hands on as Screw Boys also.  Certainly not an expert on that since it does not interest me...

Bars such as Scorpion are probably open at 6pm but not sure how many boys you will find at that time.  I would go fro Balcony to Nature Boys to Scorpion and then Dream Boys if you want a show and then back to DJ which I am afraid I know nothing about.

Just go to Dream Boys. Depending on night of the week there will be 50-100 boys.

They may have 50-100 or even 500 boys

But the majority of the pudgy guys working in DB would barely even qualify for a job in BBB in Pattaya

Most of them shoud have been pensioned off years ago! 

At at 500B entry fee the last time i visited - I left very disappointed!

I suggest Screw Boys, some real cute boys working there and lots of sleazy opportunities :-)

For the show I suggest Dreamboys. no fuck show last week there nor at XSize but by time you will be there all should return to the norm.

Colmx is on something - line of boys at Dreamboys,  and I was there in first  week of Jun was not that impressive but in reality all you need is just one boy you like.

As for Scorpion beauties, I need better glasses perhaps.

For sleaze in the bar Golden Cock and Nature Boy are your primary destination, I'd say Tawan even better but those are not your types at all.

Bottom line - judging in your posts in the past you will have fun wherever you go

Guest anonone

I fear you may be sorely disappointed on many levels ! :-( 

Uh-Oh...that doesn't sound good.  Care to elaborate a bit?

Hot Male and X-Size have the most Vietnamese boys working. The clubs are doing full sex shows again. Hot Male and Banana Bar stay open till 3am. The rest of Soi Twilight goes dark by 1:30am .

Thanks paulsf.  Good info.  Glad the full sex shows are back..at least for now. 

They may have 50-100 or even 500 boys

But the majority of the pudgy guys working in DB would barely even qualify for a job in BBB in Pattaya

Most of them shoud have been pensioned off years ago! 

At at 500B entry fee the last time i visited - I left very disappointed!

I suggest Screw Boys, some real cute boys working there and lots of sleazy opportunities :-)

As I should have expected, contrary information from different posters with everyone having a favorite.  :shok:

Thanks for your thoughts and sounds like Screw Boys is a definite to check out.

Guest anonone

For the show I suggest Dreamboys. no fuck show last week there nor at XSize but by time you will be there all should return to the norm.

Colmx is on something - line of boys at Dreamboys,  and I was there in first  week of Jun was not that impressive but in reality all you need is just one boy you like.

As for Scorpion beauties, I need better glasses perhaps.

For sleaze in the bar Golden Cock and Nature Boy are your primary destination, I'd say Tawan even better but those are not your types at all.

Bottom line - judging in your posts in the past you will have fun wherever you go

Thanks Vinapu.  I have been reading your trip report and looking forward to hearing about your experiences in Bangkok. 

I have been a Pattaya-only guy for such a long time I don't usually pay much attention to the Bangkok updates.  However, I am now oddly excited by the thought of a night exploring the big city.  While I am very comfortable and enjoy Pattaya immensely, I guess it is a good thing to mix it up every once in awhile. 

And yes, I am sure to have fun wherever I go...but nice to hear some opinions and experiences to set the stage. 

I have been a Pattaya-only guy for such a long time I don't usually pay much attention to the Bangkok updates. 

As have I!

Thats why i was so sorely disappointed when i ventured back into the Bkk scene last 2 trips... bad and all as Pattaya currently is... Bkk is miles worse!

On the other hand... if u make your way to App Arena in Rachada... you might find things a lot better :-)

Colmx is on something - line of boys at Dreamboys,  and I was there in first  week of Jun was not that impressive but in reality all you need is just one boy you like

Sounds like a bit of a contradiction to me! It was unimpressive... but still the best thing on offer?

Who wants to sift through 1-2 hours of dross (or axe murderers!) in the hope of finding that diamond!

The only cute/twinky boys in DB on my last visit were all ex-Funny Boys (pattaya) and they were certainly not even worth a 500B drink!

Especially when they will come with tonnes of attitude....

Guest abang1961

Perhaps after multiple trips and many years after our initial visit, we are all now jaded and definitely more selective.

Gone were the days when almost every boy is "off-able".

We do regain our senses and are more discerning and careful when we choose the partner for the night...

Just say, we are more choosy and knows what we really, really want.

Somehow Bangkok usually doesn't work for me. I spend most of my three to four week LOS trips in Pattaya but usually manage a couple of nights in BKK, staying at the Tarntawan.

Im afraid the cock shows do little for my jaded sexual appetite and I hate the exorbitant charges. In March at the start of my trip I visited Dreamboys and another bar to find a suitable cutie for my bed but returned to the hotel unsuccessful, although I was tired from the flight so my search was not extensive. Next day before heading for the Pattaya bus at Ekimai I had a massage at Arena, which was exactly what my body needed after 14 hours in economy but the sexual part was uninspiring, performed by an disinterested 35 year old boy.

Yet within an hour of arrival at my hotel in Pats (Samsuck Guesthouse) i had what I like - being topped by a twinky boy from GR.

Well I'll have to admit it has been a year since I visited Dreamboys and even then the quality varied greatly depending on day of week and what Asian visitors might be in town.

However since Anonone will be there on a Saturday night the possibility of the best boys being present increases.

I still maintain the best choice is just leaving your Hotel turning right and walking down Silom .  From mid afternoon on there will be many offerings of massage boys some of which can be quite Cute.  Many times they are new to the scene and thus a simple massage at a very reasonable price can turn into the best hands on activity you will get in Bangkok.

Far be it from me to try to justify the prices in Dreamboys or any of the Bars on Soi Twilight. They are ridiculous but Anonone is only spending 1 night so who cares .

One night is very likely to make him looking forward to his next trip to Pattaya.  

I love BKK but not for GoGo Bars.

Guest anonone

Thanks for all the continuing thoughts guys. I really appreciate it. I have been reading up on Golden Cock and Nature Boy, though limited information seems to be out there.  Best news is that apparently Golden Cock opens up in the afternoon, so that will probably be my first stop. 

Colmx - Any thoughts about DJ station?  Did you visit during your last 2 BKK trips?

My understanding from reading about it some time ago was it is much more solo guy friendly then say TamNam or NAB or the like?  Can you (or anyone) confirm?  Not so much focused on group table setups? Expected to be open late on a Saturday night?

Sounds like App Arena would be my kind of place, but not sure I want to venture away from gay central during my only night.  It looks like a quick 20 minute MRT trip though...hmmm.  How much would a single falang stand out at App Arena?  I will not have my posse with me so it may be awkward?  Pretty easy to find from the MRT station at Huai Khwang?  If DJ station turns out to be a dud, App Arena might be a good back up plan.

Firecat- I might end up taking a massage so good to know Silom would be the street to wander down.  I have not been too much into hanky/panky massage lately, but as you know, if I happen to stumble across the right guy, anything is possible.  LOL

Colmx - Any thoughts about DJ station?  Did you visit during your last 2 BKK trips?

My understanding from reading about it some time ago was it is much more solo guy friendly then say TamNam or NAB or the like?  Can you (or anyone) confirm?  Not so much focused on group table setups? Expected to be open late on a Saturday night?

DJ is more akin to a western stye club - and perfect for you seeing as you will be alone

You pay foryour ticket outside, get a drink token and exchange it for a drink at the bar inside... you are then free to wander/roam around the entire premises and there are no table setups.

When u want more drinks you go to the bar same as you would in a western venue...

Ground floor is usually where non MBs hang out - whilst 1st floor is where the MBs go (not a hard and fast rule!)

App Arena is more like NAB in setup... so probably not the best place to go without a posse - or at least one other farang friend (if u go with a Thai - they will assume he is your BF!) It is hard to miss when you come out of the MRT station

One night is very likely to make him looking forward to his next trip to Pattaya.  

Agree 100% - Bkk is where i go when i get jaded of Pattaya!

Likewise re Bkk - and thats what I meant re my you might be disappointed etc as I know how you like to go out and party hard and late and Bkk used to be great for that and much more "real" than Pattaya and manys a night I headed out alone, fell in with a great crown of guys in the usual bars such as Telephone etc and then on to DJ ( which I STILL love and is basically my reason for always returning to Bkk)  and then went on from there at 3am to maybe GOD for a continuation of a cracking drunken full on night and easily hooking up there too if that's what I wanted ( or nipping into the sauna next door for a sneaky quicky if I'd found someone in GOD but was already with someone from DJ after excusing myself to go to the toilet for a minute :-) and then on out for food with everyone or on to another club even as morning broke and back to my hotel wrecked at 7, 8 or 9am. 

Now unfortunately since the Army took over Soi twilight is over priced, over policed and as boring as hell ( although that's just probably over exposure to it on my part) and the likes of Golden Cock etc are just plain boring and dirty ( and not in a good way) and just not my cup of tea and with Nature boys is just a quick cash grab by the guys in there with very little actual long term fun  - well unless you're wanting four or five guys cumming over your face all at once just for a quick change to your normal evenings entertainment I guess lol.

GOD seems now to be even 50 / 50 as whether it even opens or not not and even the other straight clubs I've been dragged to ( as there's no where else now) have been made close early and more nights than enough I've ended up walking back to Tarntawan at 4am or something and stopping off back in Soi Twilight at banana bar for a last drink at their secret lock ins if you know the secret knock lol ( and before anyone complains about 'oh maybe you shouldn't say that in case they're raided" well as it's a policeman who owns and runs the bar I doubt anyone will be raiding them any way soon!"

But I'm guessing as you're only there for the one night and there is loads of "new" things for you to see and do it'll all be fine and you'll have a ball anyway as you always do, my advice is to stop at the beer bars in Soi Twilight for a few drinks and chat and play there a bit as at least you can can have a laugh there ( ask for Gun in Banana bar and tell him I sent you and I'm sure he'll take good care of you  - in a totally non sexual way I mean lol)   

Im looking forward to reading your Bkk report to see what you thought yourself?

Far be it from me to try to justify the prices in Dreamboys or any of the Bars on Soi Twilight. They are ridiculous but Anonone is only spending 1 night so who cares .

I love BKK but not for GoGo Bars.

I, for one, must say that even with those prices I still prefer BKK over Pattaya both day and night.

But need to say loudly them when comes to both show and boys line-up I consider BoyzBoyzBoyz best bar in Thailand and not beacuse my most recent BF hailed from there but on bar's own merit.

Guest anonone
"well unless you're wanting four or five guys cumming over your face all at once just for a quick change to your normal evenings entertainment I guess lol."

Well, I only have one night in Bangkok, so not ruling anything out.  I usually don't like them cumming on my face as it stings the eyes a bit...or at least that is what I have been told...   :spiteful:

Seriously, thanks to everyone for your opinions and experiences.  I feel much better set regarding the lay of the Silom land, so to speak.  I am not going to plan much further as it usually gets knockered up anyway once my feet hit the ground and some random smooth angel starts batting his eyes at me...

At least now I have some bearings and an overview of the possibilities.  I will try to post afterward to let you all know how it worked out.