Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
Caution to criticism in Thailand
The Greeks had a word for it!
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
The average wage for a construction worker in Cambodia is $7.50 to $10 per day. An unskilled worker about $130 a month. They are not entitled to the so called minimum wage of $210 per month! Even in Pub St, in Siem Reap, a beer can be less than $1.00. There is something of a contrast with Europe and the USA. On one of my visits a couple of years ago, (I help support a Children's home there), I queried the bill in a nice Cambodian style restaurant, Khmer food, but many tourists, as I thought it was too little! I was assured that it was correct. I rarely do that in England! Incidentally, I hope to be there 22nd to 25th September!
- Bangkok Airport link
-
Adventures of a Bangkok Rookie August 2026
"Did you get a chance to chat with the guys and find out what their thoughts on world peace and global warming were?" 😂🤔
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
Interesting, I see it flies 3 or 4 times a week.
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
Emirates fly Bangkok to Siem Reap? What do they fly, an A380?
-
Site connection problems, AGAIN !
You got it!
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
Theu only use a jet to Siem Reap at peak times, otherwise the trusty ATR 72!
- another recommendation in Rio: GABRIEL
-
Site connection problems, AGAIN !
One objection is that with some topics, the site defaults to the oldest page, not the newest. Is there a way round that? Annoying when there are 50 pages!
-
Adventures of a Bangkok Rookie August 2026
Yes, interesting, thanks.
-
Airport hotel
And entertain "friends".
-
Adventures of a Bangkok Rookie August 2026
Do you mean from the 'foreigners' hotel? I used the Onsen there! But I didn't do the pilgrimage....
-
PP massage scene updates (08/26)?
Thanks!
-
Countries pulling their gold out of the USA
Yes, in spades!
-
Adventures of a Bangkok Rookie August 2026
I had the small towel in the Onsen.
-
Patpong comings and goings
Me!
-
Finding a real boyfriend
So you don't give any money to your Filipino boyfriend?
-
Adventures of a Bangkok Rookie August 2026
So you are a carp person, freshwater!
-
PP massage scene updates (08/26)?
Ok, thanks. I've never worked out what sotwe is!
-
Adventures of a Bangkok Rookie August 2026
Mainly i got taken out, so prices are bound to be high. I had Shabu Shabu in the Hotel, was £80, including 2 small beers and a small flask of sake. I have to say the Subway/rail system is great, and inexpensive. You are right about speaking the language, especially in Imabari, in Shikoku, where little English is spoken. I dont!, unfortunately. Luckily the clients do. I had the best sushi ever in Imabari!
-
Finding a real boyfriend
How then do you compensate your Filipino partner/boyfriend?
-
Finding a real boyfriend
Especially bangs!
-
Adventures of a Bangkok Rookie August 2026
Awful taste, fish?
-
PP massage scene updates (08/26)?
I couldn't find Ah Ram on X? Also what's the link to the Japanese show?