Everything posted by Keithambrose
-
Adventures of a Bangkok Rookie August 2026
One track mind?
-
Adventures of a Bangkok Rookie August 2026
Too late for me, I'm afraid!
-
Adventures of a Bangkok Rookie August 2026
Proper Thai massage is very good, if you can stand the pain! I used to indulge, in the old days, when they wrapped your legs round your neck etc! It was sort of relaxing. However, in my declining years, I'm just too stiff!
-
Some Observations from My July–August Trip to BKK
I'm always concerned that if there is any mention of money, or any kind of payment, that my account will be blocked.
-
Some Observations from My July–August Trip to BKK
Quite!
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
My Bank account is free. I have a card issued by Currensea, that guarantees the same exchange rate as the Bank rate, or near enough. It's a Mastercard, but acts as a Debit card, so debits my Bank Account directly. I've found it very good for using in an ATM. You still have the ATM charge, of course. I'm sure there are many such cards, and I find it much easier than waiting at X One.
-
Quarter Silom
He means 'colours'!
-
Being fit for your travel
Heat, humidity, and smog, as in Bangkok!
-
Be called the P word
I have helped to support a children's home in Cambodia for many years, and know the staff well. However their rule is that you are not allowed to take pictures of the children. That's fine by me. Cambodia is a well known country for paedophilia.
-
Hurghada, March April 2026
Thanks
-
Bangkok Short Trip Report - August
So, very good value indeed!
-
Weekends in Bangkok 2026
Yes, descriptions on escort websites are also bad. Escorts with limited English have paragraphs on complex text, etc. If I find a short, not AI description, I tend to favour those! Mind you, I'm sure AI will be able to 'cheat' as well, soon. At the moment, AI descriptions stand out like a sore thumb.
-
Quarter Silom
"If you don't like it ......leave !!🏃♂️🏃♂️🏃♂️" [ imagine that's the effect you have on most people!
-
Bangkok Short Trip Report - August
Thanks, very useful. I looked up the Ascott Sathorn on Google, out of interest, and it says that it is a 5 star hotel! If so, its one of the cheapest 5 star hotels in have come across. What do you think?
-
Hurghada, March April 2026
Would they bottom?
-
Show Schedules?
I'm an optimist!
-
Show Schedules?
Lifetime pass.
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
Re later txt, if 3 on a bike, no insurer will pay out if there is an accident. This is, i hope, pretty obvious.
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
And they have accidents!
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
Of course, the other issue is being seriously injured, paralysed or killed, when insurer may be a secondary issue. Speaking personally, I would have doubts about driving a motorbike in the UK, let alone being a pillion passenger, but that's only a personal view!
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
I wouldn't count on that. Insurers will always pull cover if the Bike or driver is unlicensed, or other infractions. You need to be realistic about an insurer, especially a Western insurer, dealing with Cambodia.
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
As long as you change at least twice!
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
Fine, ok, understood but it shows the risks, then what happens if you are hospitalised! The statistics for motorbike accidents as you probably know are horrendous. And, as I know, the older you get, the less you bounce!
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
Has he admitted to having any accidents?
-
Questions regarding upcoming Cambodian trip
The hospitals are free, then?