The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
It comes on May 7th and had tall vampire lady! I can't wait! Of course I've had it pre-ordered for months and can't get it in a store so it will arrive by mail sometime between Tuesday and mid-June.
-
- 2 replies
- 896 views
-
-
My 14 month old nephew is named Luke Skywalker (last name.)
- 2 replies
- 951 views
- 1 follower
-
NOTE -- Before the deal, SIA had 55 A350's and 15 B787's, the most fuel efficient aircraft in its fleet. No doubt it would have preferred to eliminate some of its 19 A380's but there are no takers for that type at the moment. From Reuters Singapore Airlines Ltd said on Monday it had raised about S$2 billion ($1.50 billion) through sale-and-leaseback deals for 11 of its planes to help bolster liquidity as it grapples with the pandemic-related plunge in travel. The airline said it would continue to explore other ways to raise liquidity after reaching deals with four parties over seven Airbus SE A350-900s and four Boeing Co 787-10s. Rivals such as Cathay …
-
So we've been on lockdown since early October. We are going to get out of lockdown on May 19th. Which of course I'm looking forward to. However it makes no sense. Our ICU numbers are at 116% at the moment When we went into lockdown they were at 87% and that was the reason we were put into lockdown So what is really going on here? I expect it's that they really need tourism revenue, but if so why not say that?
-
- 2 replies
- 882 views
-
-
I go for now but can see arguments for the earlier version
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
Missing is Thailand. But, tons of friends have retired to both Costa Rica and Mexico and loved it. Here is the full list with a lot of Central and South American countries. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/best-budget-friendly-places-to-retire-in-2021-report.html
-
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Olympia Dukakis, the self-assured, raspy-voiced actress who often played world-weary and worldly wise characters, and who won an Academy Award for her role as just such a woman in “Moonstruck,” died on Saturday at her home in Manhattan. She was 89. Her death was announced by her brother, the actor Apollo Dukakis, who said she had been in hospice care. Ms. Dukakis was 56 and an East Coast stage veteran of three decades when she starred in John Patrick Shanley’s “Moonstruck” (1987), a romantic comedy about a young Italian-American widow, Loretta Castorini (played by Cher), whose life is turned upside down when she falls in love with her fiancé’s brother (Nicolas C…
- 1 reply
- 971 views
- 1 follower
-
From Khaosod English Facebook By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer It’s never a good time to be poor, or an ordinary person with no connections. When there’s a COVID-19 outbreak, it could quickly become fatal. Your chance of dying, if infected, is much higher than the rich and well-connected that will in no time be taken to a plush hospital. At Klong Toey Slum, Thailand’s largest shanty town, 50 people have been infected by midweek. Many called for a field hospital bed in vain. No field hospital beds were available for most of them. They had to wait and they ended up having to quarantine themselves inside their tiny and …
-
I am working on getting listings for gay businesses in Rio De Janeiro this week. It takes a bit of time. I would appreciate anyone making suggestions for their favorites here so I can research them and start filling out the listings area. What are some of the gay friendly restaurants you like in Rio? https://www.gayguides.com/gay-rio-de-janeiro/ PS I know this is the Beer Bar (but, the Latin America forum is private and I wanted everyone to help).
- 2 replies
- 971 views
- 1 follower
-
I am working on getting listings for gay businesses in Rio De Janeiro this week. It takes a bit of time. I would appreciate anyone making suggestions for their favorites here so I can research them and start filling out the listings area. What are some of the gay friendly hotels (or just hotels you like and recommend) in Rio? https://www.gayguides.com/gay-rio-de-janeiro/ PS I know this is the Beer Bar (but, the Latin America forum is private and I wanted everyone to help).
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
I am working on getting listings for gay businesses in Rio De Janeiro this week. It takes a bit of time. I would appreciate anyone making suggestions for their favorites here so I can research them and start filling out the listings area. What are some of the gay clubs and discos you like in Rio? https://www.gayguides.com/gay-rio-de-janeiro/ PS I know this is the Beer Bar (but, the Latin America forum is private and I wanted everyone to help).
-
- 1 reply
- 903 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am working on getting listings for gay businesses in Rio De Janeiro this week. It takes a bit of time. I would appreciate anyone making suggestions for their favorites here so I can research them and start filling out the listings area. What are some of the gay bars you like in Rio? https://www.gayguides.com/gay-rio-de-janeiro/ PS I know this is the Beer Bar (but, the Latin America forum is private and I wanted everyone to help).
-
- 1 reply
- 907 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I know no one really knows, but I've booked refundable tix to Bali and BKK for December. What's everyone's thought on what will happen? I checked travel insurance today and can get a month travel with 100k or 250k Covid coverage for 67/92 usd. I'm a US citizen residency in Mexico, if it matters.
-
https://www.cntraveler.com/story/the-maldives-plans-to-offer-covid-19-vaccines-to-tourists/amp Kudos to Maldives for this effort. Id say they are doing great with how to ensure tourist are safe to travel there and have kept their island open for tourist without quarantine for a while already.
- 8 replies
- 1.5k views
-
I'm starting to get worried we won't have bars,clubs or beaches for the summer. I'd like to be wrong but it just seems like nothing is happening to break the cycle. What do you guys think?
- 15 replies
- 2.8k views
-
Not having periods? Having Periods? or something else? My addled brain doesn't comprehend! Trans people highlight importance of ‘period inclusivity’ in important new campaign Vic Parsons April 24, 2021 Model and trans advocate Kenny Ethan Jones in Freda's new campaign for de-gendered period product Cycle. (YouTube/MyFreda) Forty-seven per cent of UK adults who menstruate report a lack of “period inclusivity”, according to research from YouGov and period care brand Freda. Period inclusivity refers to the equal availability of affordable and suitable period products and associated support,…
- 9 replies
- 1.6k views
-
EU regulator finds possible blood clot link with J&J vaccine, but says benefits outweigh risks Published Tue, Apr 20 202110:14 AM EDTUpdated 3 Hours Ago Key Points The J&J shot was initially greenlit in the European Union on March 11. The EMA researched all available evidence, it said, including eight reports from the U.S. of serious cases of unusual blood clots — one of which had a fatal outcome. More than 7 million people had received the vaccine in the United States as of April 7, it said…
- 4 replies
- 2k views
-
I have a feeling that there are gradually more and more fake profiles on Tinder. Each time it is a guy around 35 years of age. When you match, you soon discover that the given person is not around you, but rather in Russia or France or an American soldier based in Iraq (my multiple experience). The Russians want to continue communication with you via e-mail. The French via Facebook Messenger. I usually don't continue conversation for too long, but I did that out of curiosity several times. The "French" guy asked me for money after less than a week, claiming that he is in trouble during his work trip in Africa. Do you have a similar experience? How do you make …
-
- 0 replies
- 817 views
-
-
Queen Elizabeth's husband, Prince Philip has died just weeks before his 100th birthday. How will this effect the family turmoil currently going on?
- 11 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
Previous Next Low mileage, one careful owner: Bentley formerly used by THE QUEEN goes on sale at Surrey car dealership for £179,000 The 'Barnato green' Bentley Mulsanne has just 2,492 miles on the clock Offers for the car at Bramley Motor Car showroom, Surrey, are around of £200k It was used to transport the monarch around the capital between 2013 and 2015 Published: 06:27 EDT, 24 April 2021 | Updated: 06:53 EDT, 24 April 2021 A low mileage motor with full-service history and one careful lady owner provides the ideal p…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I have been anxiously waiting for the new lineup of products. I am happy to see the IPad come with the new processor. I know I'll be getting this one. I was disappointed to see the size of the new IMac go down from 27 inches to 24 inches. That is not what I wanted to see as I love the 27 inch size for my own personal use. I could also care less about the different colors of the IMac. Anyone else find anything that they will get during the coming months? https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/20/tech/apple-event-highlights-april-2021/index.html
- 10 replies
- 2.6k views
- 1 follower
-
Realizing that for some there is no love lost between Daddy's forums and Oz's forums, I submit that we can recognize Daddy for creating a very popular forum which has a multitude of participants and offered many of us a place to post our thoughts and interact with like-minded posters. Many of us left that site and came here. I did too. But I have learned to like both sites. The future of Daddy's site remains unclear. It may be an opportunity for this site to gain members. I suggest we be supportive of those wishing to join here, and not begrudge those who don't. At any rate, I met Daddy several times, some good, some not so good. But I sure hate to see how he su…
- 26 replies
- 7.8k views
- 1 follower
-
Caitlyn Jenner has balls Caitlyn Jenner was born as a boy named Bruce and grew into a heck of a man. After his college football career was cut short by a knee injury, the young man switched to the decathlon. Competitors must excel in 10 very different sports including jumping, sprinting, pole vaulting, shot putting, discus throwing and distance running. Bruce was a dedicated and gifted athlete. He won the Gold Medal in the Olympic Decathlon in 1976 at a time when the Soviet block routinely cheated with drugs. He not only won, but set a world record in doing so. In the game of life, Bruce was just getting warmed up. He’s been ma…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Politics LGBTQ+, Asian-American Groups Oppose Andrew Yang for NYC Mayor The former presidential aspirant delivered "pandering" remarks to the Stonewall Democratic Club, members say. April 23 2021 4:40 PM EDT Andrew Yang, the former presidential aspirant now running for mayor of New York City, has failed to win the endorsement of an LGBTQ+ group and aroused the opposition of fellow Asian-Americans. Yang met Wednesday night with the Stonewall Democratic Club of New York City to be interviewed as the club considered who to endorse for mayor, but he delivered remarks that member…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Manhattan to Stop Prosecuting Prostitution, Part of Nationwide Shift
- 10 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower