The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
-
Might this be the reason for Trump's reluctance to criticise Putin and his regime? Or just another KGB game to sow seeds of doubt? Journalist and author Craig Unger, who has written seven books including "House of Trump, House of Putin," has just published a new book "American Kompromat" whose primary source is a former KGB agent Yuri Shvets. Shvets claims Trump was recruited as a Russian agent 40 years ago. He compares Trump with the Cambridge Five in England. This group of Cambridge undergraduates, recruited in in the 1930s, were the sleeper spies Burgess, Maclean, Kim Philby, Sir Anthony Blunt who later held a position as Surveyor of the Queen's Pictures, and John…
-
- 1 reply
- 1k views
-
-
One of my favorite cities before Putin was in power. Beautiful gay boys galore in the city and I had a blast. Thank you to @PeterRSfor the great article and photos! https://www.gayguides.com/gay-st-petersburg/
- 1 reply
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
I loved his show. He was amazing and I learned a lot. When I lived in NYC, I often went to opening night Broadway performances. He was there a lot. He loved NY. https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/story/2021-01-23/larry-king-dead-at-87
-
- 2 replies
- 881 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
The hoopla is so laughable. Kamala's "team" is not happy with Anna's photo pick. Then perhaps the "team" should have produced a contract, granting Kamala final selection approval. This isn't rocket science. But I have to laugh. The team is upset with Vogue, when they should be more upset with their naivete. How typical of incompetence to blame others for deflection. That sure sounds familiar. In the end, no one will care. But Vogue sure robbed Kamala (and themselves) of a photo-making piece of history. Both photos they published aren't that fabulous. And that's too bad. I would love to offer the photos here, but this board, unfortunately, is going through some not-so…
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
-
From CNBC Europe’s aviation regulator has declared Boeing’s 737 Max aircraft safe to fly after it was grounded in March 2019 following two accidents that left 346 people dead. Patrick Ky, executive director of the European Union Aviation Safety Agency, told Bloomberg Friday that he’s satisfied with the changes Boeing has made to the aircraft, adding that the aircraft could return to the region’s skies before the end of 2020. The announcement comes even though Boeing is yet to implement a software upgrade that his agency demanded. It could be two years before it’s ready.
- 32 replies
- 4.7k views
-
When Larry King was on CNN, I watched his show quite regularly. I admired the way he got some interesting and fascinating guests and gently probed them into revealing quite a lot about themselves. The guest I found most illuminating was, of all people, Ross Perot. I had little interest in American politics until then and initially thought Perot a charlatan. But he then started taking graphs into the studio to illustrate the points he was making. Suddenly all the political talking of other politicians seemed silly. Why talk when one graph illustrates everything very succinctly? I have no idea how accurate those graphs were, but since then I have always wondered why po…
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
OK, so this is a real situation. Met a guy on RentMen and although the sex was not great, we kind of connected. He took his ad down in less than a week, because he landed two "regulars".... one of whom pays him to send him videos of himself, the other for an occasional roll in the hay. He wants to survive in NYC by "creating content" and trying to get into porn - what that means is he wants to have an OnlyFans page and try to break into porn. His "type" is big dicked slim Latin bottom boy. Guys -- is he being at all realistic? He is new to NYC and, I fear, bound for trouble. Reactions? I am worried.
- 25 replies
- 3k views
- 1 follower
-
CNN just called the race for one Democratic Senate candidate. The other is not yet called. But, this is a fascinating night to watch and the up and down changes have been excruciating to watch.
- 23 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
An interesting FT article. I presume most members don't have FT subscriptions, so for non-subscribers to access the article: 1 Type something like the following into google: how close is a coronavirus vaccine ft 2 Click on the link to the FT article. If I post a direct link, it will ask you for a subscription.
-
Finally, the dark days are coming to an end and a new President is inaugurated. Congrats to President Biden and VP Harris.
- 6 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
However, I did not see this going any other way. We knew the protests were going to get crazy. That is what happens when you get crazy people gathered together in a mob. They do even crazier things. Watching this and seeing this truly is sad. The photos of this will ruin the reputation of America for a generation. It guarantees that other countries will no longer look to us as a leader of democracy.
- 32 replies
- 4.6k views
- 1 follower
-
Boxing? Isn't that barbaric? Not when it is done by Ryan Garcia, who just won a lightweight title fight. https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-01-02/rising-boxing-star-ryan-garcia-stops-luke-campbell-seventh-round And why am I interested? Here: Here: And, here: Ryan is 22 and single, but he does have a baby girl. Here's more of cute Ryan: https://thenetline.com/all-about-ryan-garcia-baby-mama-and-daughter/
-
- 8 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
Are there any specific site to look for escort for kindly service ?
-
- 0 replies
- 574 views
- 1 follower
-
-
From Pattaya Mail The Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Abuse Center is running short of food and supplies even as it has taken in 60 percent more abused and homeless children during the latest coronavirus outbreak. ATCC Director Palisorn Noja said the foster home has been unable to organize fundraisers or food drives under the current lockdown regulations, leaving it desperately low on basic foodstuffs like rice and basic supplies like soap and toothpaste. Normally, he said, the shelter cares for about 30 children, usually victims of physical or mental abuse or those found rescued from the streets. But amid Thailand’s new Covid-19 outbreak and the continuin…
-
From Bangkok Post The National Tourism Policy Committee has approved the proposed guidelines for the collection of a 300-baht tourism fee from each international visitor for the management of local tourist destinations. The money will also be used to provide insurance benefits to international tourists visiting the country. Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said each foreign visitor will be charged US$10 (300 baht) per visit. The details of the fee collection will be announced in the Royal Gazette once the policy has taken effect. According to Mr Phiphat, Thailand expects to receive some 10 million visitors this year. He said th…
- 5 replies
- 1.2k views
-
No twitter, no facebook, no instagram, no youtube, residents near Mar a Lago fighting to prevent him from living there after next week, no PGA golf major at his Bedminster golf course, no British Open golf even considered for this Ayrshire course, Deutsche Bank finally pulling the plug as the Trump organisations's last banker in the USA (although Russian and Chinese banks are probably lining up), Forbes magazine warning all former Trumpers it will automatically assume what they say in their new employment is a lie, Giuliani facing disbarment, a host of major corporations halting donations to Republican campaigns . . . The future for Trump must seem a great deal les…
- 14 replies
- 3.1k views
- 1 follower
-
Thailand protestors take to street calling government to resign Hows things on the ground right now?
- 122 replies
- 19.9k views
- 1 follower
-
I'm gonna exercise more and get that 2020 Covid quarantine weight OFF !
- 4 replies
- 1.4k views
-
A long term poster here and on the gayguides board died yesterday. He was a good friend and I have traveled to several continents with him. He had a good heart. I met him in Montreal many years ago in Taboo. He and I hit it off and have been friends ever since. RIP Firecat!
- 12 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
The rise of OnlyFans during the pandemic. Jobless, Selling Nudes Online and Still Struggling OnlyFans, a social media platform that allows people to sell explicit photos of themselves, has boomed during the pandemic. But competition on the site means many won’t earn much.
-
- 0 replies
- 628 views
-
-
I have never been a Schwarzeneggar fan. Certainly not as a politician. Even as an actor there seemed something slightly fake about him. Maybe it was the accent, I just don't know. But he has uploaded a speech on the internet about the riot in Washington last week. I admire him for making it and I admire him more for what he says. Do watch it.
- 12 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-
News today that one of New Zealand's Central Bank data systems has been hacked. Sensitive personal and commercial information may have been affected. No doubt there will be more and more major organisations around the world hacked. It seems to have been going on for at leats a decade and it doesn't matter how big the company is. Nearly 1 billion accounts at Facebook hacked. 200 million Instagram accounts. 500 million at Marriott Hotels, 500 million at Yahoo, 510,000 at Citigroup - and the list goes on. According to wikipedia, in 2019 a collection of 2.7 billion identity records including 774 unique email addresses and 21 million unique passwords was posted for sale o…
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
-
Moderna, one of the major developers of a possible Covid vaccine in recruiting volunteers for their stage 3 trial in my city. As a healthcare worker I am in a high risk group for exposure so I qualify to sign up to get the shot. Of course I could get the placebo but I could always check my antibodies to see if I got the real shot. Would you guys risk it or wait for an approved, fully tested vaccine?
- 9 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower