The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Don't you hate it when trash TV makes the headlines? Well, neither do I. I checked to see if this show had been mentioned here, but no signs of it came up. It's The Bromans on ITV2, whatever channel that is. Skimpy outfits and outright male nudity .https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4493090/itv2-bromans-television-ally-ross/ If you have a chance to see it, let us know!
-
- 1 reply
- 814 views
-
-
Anyone who doesn't live in South Florida will ever be fully able to understand what many are going through. I evacuated the day before the storm to Fort Lauderdale when my county said to get out of B zone flood areas. When I left I had a high anticipation that there would be no home to come back to. After spending 5 hours on Monday to get 6 gallons of gas I came home. We were so fortunate that Irma wiggled east after coming ashore and they said that little move saved about 150 Billion dollars in damage. I was lucky enough to return to a house with no damage and the power was on. If you have never been in Southern Florida in the summer you just can't imagine the heat…
-
- 0 replies
- 812 views
-
-
From The Nation New excise taxes will see “moderate” rises in the prices of alcoholic beverages, sugary drinks and cigarettes, the Director General of Excise Department Somchai Poolsavasdi, said on Saturday. He told the press conference that new taxes rates effective immediately would not increase the price of many items, and that some items would be taxed less. He said producers may absorb rising costs for products facing high market competition, but in any case consumers would not pay much more for these products. The new excise system is based on retail price, while the previous system was based on ex-factory or CIF (cost, insurance and freight) prices T…
-
It looks like there will be no shortage of potential garotos for the Rio Saunas, thanks to at least one family. This family has 13 children, all boys, ranging in age from 1 to 18. http://www.ntd.tv/inspiring/life/couple-13-sons-vows-continue-trying-kids-daughter.html
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
-
Their audition on XFactor was terrible, but I can think of another career or two where they could be VERY successful.... https://www.queerty.com/x-factor-audition-hot-mess-greek-twins-instagram-pure-fire-20170913
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
-
From Pattayaone An artist’s impression of what the future might have in store for Pattaya’s famous Walking Street was posted online by Sophon Cable. As authorities continue efforts to change the iconic nightlife spot. As you can see from the picture gone are the bright neon signs, Go-Go bar hoardings and nearly all of the people! It now resembles nearly all urban streets found all over the world which might attribute why there are so few people in the picture. Even “Skyfall” a popular Go-Go bar now looks more like a well-known Swedish furniture store than a place to go for a night out. The rendering comes after a recent campaign by authorities to rid the fam…
- 3 replies
- 1.9k views
-
I have a Toshiba tablet and yesterday after some automatic update and charging battery went dead. One of reason I can imagine would be fuse as it was quite warm when I touched it but can't find hole where I can reset it. Any help including where to repair it in BKK will be appreciated otherwise I'm at mercy of hotel's comps in the lobby .
- 7 replies
- 1.7k views
-
From Bangkok Post Travellers have been told to allow for at least three hours if they're going from downtown Bangkok to Don Mueang airport by road as roadworks in the area get under way. The Highways Department plans to rebuild a ramp connecting the airport with the adjacent Vibhavadi Rangsit Road. The work is part of a project to expand the outbound Vibhavadi Rangsit Road opposite the outbound Vibhavadi Rangsit Road opposite the airport. The plan is to demolish the ramp and rebuild it so the entrance to the ramp will be located closer to the nearby rail track and away from the point of traffic congestion. Once the ramp entrance has been moved, there will b…
- 15 replies
- 3k views
-
They also had a review site linked to the brothel. Sorry fellas- this is about Female hookers! http://projects.seattletimes.com/2017/eastside-prostitution-bust/ “He was hard to like,” said Sol Finer, an independent sex worker and an advocate for legalized prostitution. She said, “His attitude was, ‘This is my board and if you don’t like it, you can go somewhere else.’ ” Zitars’ mantra was “no drama.” He would remove posts that hinted at underage prostitutes or women being run by a pimp. He kicked off anyone he thought was rude or crude and those who tried to sneak back using a new handle. He carefully screened the women who wanted to advertise on the board."…
-
- 0 replies
- 862 views
-
-
From The Week (UK) Innovation is on the menu at Som Saa, Smoking Goat, Kiln and Farang London makes a lot of noise about being the world food capital thanks to its culinary diversity, offering everything from Peruvian and Indian to Italian and Spanish. There are other contenders to the title, including New York, Hong Kong and Melbourne - but when it comes Thai cuisine, London is arguably a clear winner. The Thai street food produced at four of the English capital's restaurants – Som Saa, Smoking Goat, Kiln and Farang – is among the most innovative and impressive served anywhere outside Thailand itself. What makes this even more remarkable is that the head chef…
-
“I grew up in this entertainment industry at a very young age and when I was around 13-years-old I started to find boys and girls attractive,” Carter continues. “There were years that went by that I thought about, but it wasn’t until I was 17-years-old, after a few relationships with girls, I had an experience with a male that I had an attraction to who I also worked with and grew up with.” “I never want to be a figure of disappointment,” he concludes, summing up his letter with a Boy George quote: “I’ve never felt as though I didn’t belong, I just acted as though I did.” http://www.newnownext.com/aaron-carter-comes-out-bisexual/08/2017/?xrs=synd_facebook_nnn
- 22 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
Suppose there are worse things you could find in your bed. Excerpts from Coconuts Bangkok / Thairath / T news An American man who owns a vacation house in Prachuap Khiri Khan had to go to the local police with CCTV footage yesterday morning after his house was burglarized for the ninth time. On each occasion, the thief stole various items from Sullivan, 37, including electrical gear. The expat was angry, but to add insult to injury, during the break-ins, the intruder sometimes drank Sullivan’s beer and took a nap in his bed, reported Thairath. The police began to investigate and found the intruder in just five hours with the help of the footage. The…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
NOTE -- I would not be at all surprised if Christian hasn't already posted about this on his site, or if he hasn't he will make plans to travel to Chiang Mai. From Lonely Planet Commissioned by Panyaden International School in Thailand to design them a sports hall, Chiangmai Life Architects (CLA) opted to use a local and abundant natural material; bamboo. The result is an impressive fete of engineering that’s expected to last at least 50 years. According to CLA, a firm who specialize in bamboo and earth architecture,“the brief was to build a hall that should be big enough to hold the projected capacity of 300 students, but still smoothly integrate with th…
-
- 2 replies
- 1.8k views
-
-
- 4 replies
- 915 views
-
Robotic Butt Offers Prostate Exam Training For Medical Students: How ‘Patrick’ Teaches Empathy, Proper Technique http://www.medicaldaily.com/robotic-butt-offers-prostate-exam-training-medical-students-how-patrick-teaches-empathy-proper
- 11 replies
- 2.7k views
-
As some of you may know, I do have a slight penchant towards Latino men. Today, while watching the coverage of the AG's announcement of DACA being phased out on today's news, I saw them interviewing a handsome university student. He said "I don't know how I'm going to continue my studies if they don't let me work!". Be honest, were any of you thinking, just like I was, "Mi amor, I have a great idea for you!!"
-
- 3 replies
- 1k views
-
-
I am new to this place but also happy to have found it. We really need to work on finding more members.
- 20 replies
- 2k views
-
New seasons for So you Think you can Dance and World of Dance are now live in the summer. I love them both. I have watched So you Think You can Dance for Years and with the exception of the season with the little kids, I loved them all. Jennifer Lopez is doing World of Dance and it is on another level and some amazing dance performances. Give it a shot if you have not seen them!
- 19 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
From CNN Richard Quest's take on the resiliency of Thailand: http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/01/investing/quest-thailand-tourism-tourism/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom
-
From Coconuts Bangkok A team at the renowned animal welfare charity Soi Dog Foundation, based in Phuket but very active in Bangkok as well, is pushing ahead with a project to transform unwanted – and often brutally mistreated – street dogs into a valuable watchdogs to protect communities. Together with a creative team at advertising agency Cheil Thailand, collaborators are developing a “smart vest” to take full advantage of the dogs’ biologically-bred sense of purpose and keen senses, with the hope of integrating them better into Phuket’s communities. Leading the team, Pakornkrit Khantaprab explained, “We’ve created a smart vest for stray dogs to turn th…
-
- 1 reply
- 1.4k views
-
-
Not only do we have to deal with his inexperience and inefficiency, but we are bombarded on a daily basis with his arrogance and hostility. For his base, his constant lying, delusions and shady dealings with foreign enemies does NOT seem to be an issue. They seem to Live for his shit, and support him even more strongly. For the rest of us, it is a daily Torture of Tweets and insanity, and his administration and cabinet full of YES-puppets is a reminder of how UN-great America really is, and how Greedy and self-serving some people can really be. Any of those people will quickly and easily stab another in the back to be able to take one more step forward. (or …
-
Just to show we all have varied tastes, yet hopefully we can share our thoughts and discover something new... Name your five funniest tv series...Can be sitcoms, variety shows, etc.. just any series that provided great comedy when it was aired, and (hopefully) entertained many more generations thru reruns, videos, etc.. Here are mine to start with: 1) I Love Lucy 2) The Carol Burnett Show 3) The Golden Girls 4) Roseanne 5) SNL
- 22 replies
- 2.5k views
- 1 follower
-
From Pattayaone / Bangkok Post Public bus systems for all 29 airports across Thailand will be established next year, says Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith. Various parties which will be involved in the move signed an agreement yesterday. They include the Department of Airports, the Department of Land Transport, the Department of Highways and the Department of Rural Roads. According to Mr Arkhom, the new bus systems will be based on public bus services currently running at Khon Kaen airport. The Khon Kaen city buses, in service since February last year, connect the province’s airport to its metropolitan area. Khon Kaen airport’s bus system uses air-…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
From Coconuts Bangkok Bangkok has planned to adjust and change the numbers on 269 of its bus routes to correspond to new train stations in the future. This month, eight bus routes have started using their new numbers as a trial, to make sure citizens are prepared for the change. The buses must have clear signs stating where they stop, reported PPTV. All of the new numbers will have one or two English letters in them to designate the zones in the city and help tourists. For example, Bus 555, which runs to Suvarnabhumi Airport, will be changed to B53E. Wait, is this supposed to be easier for us to remember, right? While it hasn’t been revealed what eac…