The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
- 2 replies
- 602 views
-
This, for me, exceeds the creepiness of letting live fish nibble the dead skin from your feet, http://theweek.com/article/index/246964/snail-facials-japans-slimy-new-beauty-trend
-
- 1 reply
- 663 views
-
-
-
Well I guess it can happen... http://news.yahoo.com/texas-woman-underwent-chemo-after-false-diagnosis-132745549.html
-
I see a new admin logged in today. Welcome! temp_admin so far has only 4 posts, and by his name alone it doesn't look like he will stay long, but welcome anyway!
-
- 6 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Bit of an update to this thread: http://www.boytoy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2449-zany-brits/ Scratchy Bottom beats Brokenwind, but Shitterton takes the prize...for unfortunate place names London Evening Standard Published: 15 August 2012 It is an idyllic hamlet based around a single street of picturesque thatched cottages in rural Dorset. But however lovely Shitterton is, the tiny collection of homes on the edge of the village of Bere Regis has been named as Britain's most unfortunate place name in a new survey. The tiny settlement between Dorchester and Poole beat the nearby valley of Scratchy Bottom, near Durdle Door in Dorset and Brokenwind in Aberdeenshire i…
- 6 replies
- 1.9k views
-
- 13 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Knitting is so fun. You should all try it. http://news.yahoo.com/video/knitting-101-183539533.html
-
Someone had too much time on their hands to create this one.
-
The beach quiosque/kiosk across from my home is only open on weekends and almost only plays old-time dance music. From my twenties to late thirties. Stuff like the Donna Summer songbook through the Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine oeuvre. Today they threw stuff in like the BeeGee's Night Fever, Instant Replay by Dan Hartman and Shame by Ms. Evelyn. Every day there's a different mix to keep me swaying as I water the lawn and play with the kids. I'm just wondering is there any muscic from the last five to ten years that will still be that memorable thirty years from now. Katy Perry, Amy Winehouse, Perry Como? The kinds of stuff that makes you want to "Put On Your B…
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
The Way, Way Back is a small budget movie in a pool of over-produced blockbuster wannabes. It is the story of 14 year old Duncan, who is trying to deal with his divorced mom and her asshole new boyfriend. They are to spend the summer at the boyfriend's beach house and tensions mount...
-
The movie is not what you think . . . But this still makes me want to see it anyway. . .
- 7 replies
- 1.4k views
-
I have an old CASIO 465 Sound Tone Bank key board. I believe it was purchased more than 15 years ago. I haven't used it for a long time and stored it in my closet without taking the batteries out and there was a battery leak during the storage, I guess. I am using vinegar to clean off the dried battery leak residues but not sure I will be able to turn on the power on after clean up is done. It seems the circuit board is not damaged by the leak. If it is reparable then what do I have to change if the power doesn't come on? The circuit board doesn't have any battery leak on them and it's clean. Any advice on this will be appreciated. Boy I need a husband for these things..
- 15 replies
- 1.5k views
-
A break from the generally grim news of the world today... CASTING SHADOWS: A DOCUMENTARY PRODUCED BY A PBS AFFILIATE AS AN INTRODUCTION TO THE 1987 RE-BROADCAST EPISODES
-
- 4 replies
- 790 views
-
-
I keep looking at the photos and am amazed that nearly everybody survived and most without any critical injuries. The saddest part though regarding to the two deceased was released today by CBS news. Its possible that one of the woman who died was actually run over by an emergency vehicle and she might have been alive at the time
- 20 replies
- 1.8k views
-
I wonder what they were thinking with this cover? A spokeswoman for the magazine, which is known for its button-pushing covers, told Poynter somewhat cheekily that "we do take great care to be very precise when creating our covers." The cover could be the most memorable phallic-themed piece of magazine art since New York's famous take on the Eliot Spitzer scandal back in 2008...or Businessweek's plane-sex cover from 2012.
-
- 1 reply
- 742 views
-
-
I'm very very happy that Justin Hartley (from The Green Arrow on Smallville fame) has been cast as Victoria's long lost son on ABC's "Revenge". He's so hot and would be my perfect bottom.
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GCLyc1dOF00
- 5 replies
- 847 views
- 1 follower
-
Today's random history excursus... Lloyd George Knew My Father is a 20th Century English schoolboy folk song. The simple lyrics consist of the phrase "Lloyd George knew my father / Father knew Lloyd George"[1][2] sung to the tune of Onward, Christian Soldiers.[3] The two-line lyric is repeated incessantly, typically by groups of schoolboys on a bus or similar setting,[3] until boredom sets in.[4] The origin of the song is not known[5] but there are several theories, one that it began as a music hall song making an oblique reference to Lloyd George's supposed womanizing proclivities[5][6] (with the right timing and intonation and a well-placed wink, "father" could be tak…
-
- 2 replies
- 848 views
-
-
another of those YouTube viral videos in case you missed it - a 17 yo gay Aussie student's short movie about being in love with his best mate at school The Language of Love sorry in a hurry and have forgotten how to embed! bkkguy
- 4 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
I always love the summer show Big Brother. I had friends in NYC when I ran an escort agency that would show up at my apartment for every episode and we would make it a Big Brother night. I have kept that tradition and still love the show. For those that have missed the controversy, one of the sexy blond bimbos has been spouting off racist and homophobic comments and they have gotten her dumped from her modeling agency. Her new nickname is the Paula Dean of Big Brother. http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/03/big-brother-aaryn-gries-modeling-agency-zephyr/
- 9 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
You can sum up Nokia's just-unveiled Lumia 1020 in three words: 41, megapixel, camera. Teased and leaked to death up to the very last minute before the big reveal, the Lumia 1020's 41-megapixel shooter is what makes Nokia's next marquee Windows phone, and what gives hardware jockeys a reason to salivate. The Windows Phone 8 device will sell in the U.S. exclusively at AT&T for a hefty $299.99 with two-year contract. Preorders begin July 16, with the Lumia 1020 becoming available online and in stores July 26. (The Lumia 1020 will also sell globally.) It's all about the camera Make no mistake about it: the Lumia 1020's stunningly enormous image resolutio…
-
- 8 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-