Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The funniest sketch of the night for me was "The Royal Doctor" with Martin Short attempting to explain etiquette to the physician that would be overseeing Duchess Kate's pregnancy. With all the protocols in place for dealing with the royal family, you can almost imagine that something like this exists. I could have done without the bit at the end, but I had genuine laughs all through this piece. http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/royal-family-doctor/1426981/

    • 0 replies
    • 457 views
  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    A friend recently received this email. SORRY IF I HAVEN'T EMAILED FOR A WHILE, I'M STILL AROUND. MY CAR NEEDED WASHING AGAIN. I WENT TO THE CAR WASH AND HAD TO HAVE THEM REWASH THE CAR 3 TIMES... THEY KEPT MISSING SPOTS... SO IF YOU DON'T HEAR FROM ME FOR A WEEK OR SO.... YOU'LL KNOW WHERE I AM. And how’s this for a Christmas Car Wash? Time I went to the car wash

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Started by Rogie,

    In theGet 1 Year of SirusXM Radio for Free thread I used the expression (to) chat up. "Between listening to the radio, watching TV/video and posting on message boards, chatting to your visitors and chatting up the male orderlies, time will fly, and before you know it you'll be plus one nice new hip." I thought nothing of it, but apparently the expression was not heard on America much before the '90s. (see graph below). Quite coincidental to my using it, the BBC News Magazine has an interesting web article that discusses Britishisms and the Britishisation of American English. The use of chat up to refer to flirtatious conversation really began to take…

  4. For those that are not yet addicted, this zombie movie is amazing. The writing is incredible and they surprise you time after time. I have to say, it has easily become one of my favorite all time shows on TV. If you have not seen it, you need to start from season 1. For those that are into it, what the fuck was that phone call at the end of this week's episode?

  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Extreme Planking?

    • 0 replies
    • 428 views
  6. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Maybe you can't find the right gift. . .

    • 0 replies
    • 383 views
  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    hmmm

  8. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    I started this same thread over at Daddy's site a couple of years ago.. it turned out to be one of the most responded to and most viewed threads in the recent history of the site. Seeing how it is Thanksgiving time, I decided to start the same thread over here so we can all share what we have to be thankful for. A good friend of mine was once given this assignment by his "counselor".. Everyday, come up with three things you are thankful for. My list for today is 1) my health is good. 2) My good friend and travel companion (TxAlphadog), who I met thru Daddy's forums 3) My kitty loves me no matter what.

  9. In yet another murder of a gay man in Brazil, groups have said that the country is the place where more people were murdered because of their homosexuality than any other place on earth. I do find this hard to believe but if others have other data please let me know. In the article below, the 3 boys went out in a car and masturbated together. Then 2 of them killed the third. http://www.pinknews....ophobic-murder/ Two teenagers have been arrested in connection with the murder of a 20-year-old student in Brazil, with one of the suspects declaring: “He wanted to kiss me and I wanted to kill him.” Campo Grande News reports the two boys, both 15, were arrested on Tuesday…

  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    If you'd like to disprove the sentiment that vlogger Davey Wavey is nothing but a shameless attention-whore... don't watch this video. On a recent visit to New York City, the out and proud YouTube sensation stripped down in Union Square and invited fans and passersby to scribble their biggest fears on his impressive physique. The exhibitionist's clothes stayed off for his subway ride, and then he showered away all that stranger-inked anxiety for our viewing pleasure. Because, you know, he's "Fearless."

  11. I love college football! I love Southern Teams and last week I thought all hopes were gone for a team from the south being the national champions. Then, on Saturday, all hell broke loose and 2 of the top teams lost and Alabama is now back in the picture. What many were saying earlier this year is that Alabama was unbeatable. Well, they got beat but they are not back and I hope they hold out for the end. Who do you want to see in the final championship game?

  12. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The 32 Man Candiest moments of 2012. . . Just a sample. . .

  13. President Barack Obama says that federal law enforcement agencies have "bigger fish to fry" than prosecuting marijuana users in Colorado and Washington, which voted in November to legalize the recreational use of marijuana. Obama made explicit in an interview to air Friday on ABC News that prosecution of marijuana users in the two states would be placed low on his Justice Department's list of law enforcement priorities, but that certain issues must still be ironed out as more states could pass similar legislation. "This is a tough problem, because Congress has not yet changed the law," Obama said. "I head up the executive branch; we're supposed to be carrying out laws. …

  14. Started by Lucky,

    Poster Makwa, albeit with a one word post, is seen in the pornification forum today, but not a single post elsewhere is stamped "today." Where is everyone? Checking out the wrinkles on a pop star's face? Or are the time stamps all wrong? People writing in invisible ink? A sale at Macy's? It's after 3 pm on the East Coast, and after noon here in California. So, just one word today in all of boytoyland?

  15. Started by TotallyOz,

    My niece is a theater buff and she and I get into great conversations about Broadway all the time. She said to me the other day, "Unkie, you always say that is one of your favorite musicals, which one really is YOUR favorite?" I had to think about it for a bit as I have rarely been to a show I didn't like. I saw Rent at least 50 times. I saw Miss Saigon and Les Mis at least 25 times each. Phantom was next in line. I loved Sideshow but few have heard of it. I did see Jonathon Larsen's other musical with Molly Ringwald. When I was in NYC, there were few that I didn't see. So, my favorite? That is hard. I felt very personal about Rent as the themes touched me an…

  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    hmmm

  17. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Below you can see Michael Douglas and Matt Damon as Liberace and Scott Thorson in Behind The Candelabra. Why does this look like a train wreck to me?

  18. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Just for interest the movie version of one of the most popular musicals of all time had its world premiere in London last night, and is due to hit many screens later this month. "Les Misérables" was a near critical disaster when it opened in London all of 27 years ago, but the public adored it – and the world has gone on adoring it ever since. 60 million have already seen it. Unlike the second-rate movie version of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Phantom of the Opera”, producer Cameron Mackintosh has pulled out all the stops for the film version of "Les Mis" – and this time most of the critics seem to be loving it. The Independent this morning says - Hugh Jackman is a…

  19. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    The news doesn't have to be serious all the time. Here are the best news bloopers of 2012. http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/bb02703000/best-news-bloopers-of-2012?rel=player

    • 0 replies
    • 442 views
  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    On Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, a viewer requested that Jimmy have two professional actors reenact the scene in which Bella and Edward fell in love. It was also requested that the actors be wearing Santa costumes. Still better than Twilight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrrDTmM-esI

    • 0 replies
    • 465 views
  21. Started by eeyore,

    If you could be Santa's helper, what would your elf name be and why?

  22. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I have to deal with banks into illegal and unethical activities these days and not sure some bankers have conscience. What makes them become like that? They must be someone's loving wife, husband, mother, father, son and daughter... Of course they have to do everything they can to meet their departmet goals so that they can keep their job and get promoted but some employees at bank abuse the system and use loopholes so that they can manipulate numbers and produce misleading financial products. Their bosses don't have any issues with that as long as the numbers are high for their department. In the age where money is everything and any moral values are being rejected what …

    • 25 replies
    • 2.7k views
  23. Started by Lucky,

    Huff Post says today that Google has made it harder to find pornography on its web searches. Ha! Last night I Googled images of "lucky boys" and was amazed at all of the shots of guys sucking dick and other sexual behaviors, even rimming. No filter of any kind. So, let me check that search now: Parental advisories are not really there, but all of the XXX-rated shots I saw last night are gone. Good for Google. I don't want kids seeing this stuff just by doing a web search. http://www.huffingto..._n_2288799.html So, what do lucky boys look like now? Pure, wholesome Asian guys! Watch them perform the song "Lucky boys."

  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Do you think this might be a good stocking stuffer? I sent it to one of my go go friends and told him that go go boys should hand it out. He said then it would be called "Maybe you touched my genitals. . ."

    • 0 replies
    • 429 views
  25. Started by TotallyOz,

    The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud. http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/07/anderson-cooper-the-fact-is-im-gay.html

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.