Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  2. Started by Lucky,

    Predictive spelling has changed so many words on my Ipad to to use the word they think I wanted or thought I should use. It's a pain to keep going back and correcting their changes. My Samsung Galaxy is worse. As I am typing, they keep changing the word to what they think i might want, and they get so far afield, that sometimes I forget the word i actually wanted. And today I wanted to go to the online Bay Area Reporter, the weekly San Francisco gay newspaper. So I typed in ebar.com, and they came up and said: "It seems you meant to go to ebay.com. Do you want us to block malicious websites for you? Are those two questions even related?

  3. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I was in Dresden for 3 days earlier this week. At Rogie’s request, I attach some comments and a few photos. As most will know, Dresden was one of the most beautiful of Europe’s cities, famed for it’s baroque architecture. Over 2 nights in February 1945, the Allies fire-bombed the city – for reasons that have already been discussed in the thread “A Strange and Curious History” in The Beer Bar. Suffice here to say that the city was all but totally destroyed. What survived the bombing succumbed to the heat of the flames. Thankfully for future generations, some of the centre of the city has been rebuilt. Originally constructed in the early 1700s and featuring a dome t…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    "Woman's World" - a new single by Cher will be available via Warner Brothers on Monday, Nov. 26. Cher tweeted the exciting news to her fans on twitter last night. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gXAZ-wvNtU

    • 4 replies
    • 474 views
  5. Google has stepped into the cloud storage business with its Google drive. It is free for the first 5G and it works very similar to Dropbox. I love Dropbox but always willing to try something new from Google. You have to go to your e-mail and then request more info. I got my e-mail that the drive was ready in less than 24 hours. I have been testing it and so far like it a great deal.

  6. Started by Lucky,

    Recently I bought a new Logitech wireless keyboard from Costco. It came with a wireless mouse. Everything worked well, so I tossed the packaging. I cannot find the receipt. But, yesterday the keyboard developed a glitch. The main thing I noticed was the failure of the delete key to delete. I am well within the return period, but have tossed all the packaging. Any advice on how to get this working without having to return it?

  7. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Are you in the right mood for the holidays?

    • 3 replies
    • 562 views
  8. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I know we have had these kind of threads in the past but I don't care how you will give back .... I am curious what is the ONE thing you will do for YOU just you?

  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    Buckling your airplane seat belt and weight-loss personality Richard Simmons aren't things you'd necessarily think go together. But if you flew on Air New Zealand in the recent past, that's who may have video-instructed you how to buckle up. Great companies always think outside the box, and Air New Zealand is no exception. In the most recent Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards survey, the Kiwi airline came in No. 2. And while readers didn't specifically rank in-flight entertainment, ANZ's fresh, amusing spin on the standard safety video surely gave passengers a memorable impression of the airline. The factors our readers did vote on, across 76 global airlines: cabin co…

  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    Wow! You have accomplished a first at boytoy/MER. You are ranked number 1 with the highest number of posts and you have just past the 6,000 mark! THANK YOU! Thank you for being such an amazing part of this site!

  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    It's official. Lindsay Lohan will play Elizabeth Taylor in a Lifetime movie. I still can't imagine it but it's a basic cable movie. This is a train wreck waiting to happen. But it is the Lifetime television network after all. . . What do you think?

  12. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Who watches and lusts after Teen Wolf? It returns for 24 episode season 2 run in June. The actors are so hot in this show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqD1B8C29c OFFICIAL TRAILER:

    • 1 reply
    • 593 views
  13. Are you one of those eyes shut or eyes wide open guys? Do you like to pop in a porno? Are you dreaming of the oompla loompas or the newest hottie on X Factor? What is on your mind when you jo?

  14. I am a big movie buff and I try to see everything that comes out but I know I miss a lot. I am sure some will not have my taste in movies but I was thinking about this today and wondered if there are movies out there that others know about that I don't. So, let me start off. Sin City Sordid Lives Heathers

  15. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Who wants to play a little game of trivia? Submit your answers to the following questions, and the first person who gets all answers correct or the person who gets the most right gets bragging rights. No cheating, no using google, or wikipedia, or any other internet source. Contest ends at 8pm, Phoenix Time, Sunday Nov 25, 2012 or when the first person submits all the correct answers (or whenever I want it to, since it is my contest, LOL) 1) What city was the setting for the majority of the action in Hitchcock's "The Birds"? 2) Who played the housekeeper in "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte"? 3) Who played Florence Ziegfield in "Funny Girl"? 4) Who was orginally cast in th…

  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Who wears it best do you think? My friend Yony is on the left. . .

    • 4 replies
    • 660 views
  17. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    I think quite a few of us can relate to 2012 being a tough year. I think we need a little Christmas....

    • 1 reply
    • 516 views
  18. Started by Lucky,

    Thanks to an investigation by ABC News, we know what to watch for when dining out. Read on -- the results may surprise you. Visible goop didn't always translate into bad bugs, and some spotless surfaces harbored major microbes. 10. Salad Bar Tongs The salad bar tongs weren't that bad -- maybe because Americans don't eat enough salad. 9. Ketchup Bottles The ketchup bottles weren't harboring anything too awful. 8. Bathroom Faucets 7. Bathroom Door Knobs "The faucets, the door handles ... were some of our least germy items, because they get cleaned," [Consumer correspondent Elisabeth]Leamy said. 6. Rims o…

    • 4 replies
    • 879 views
  19. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=XOKuwPjzPx0

    • 1 reply
    • 474 views
  20. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Well it's not therapy related to sex.. I went to see an Asian therapist who fixes people with back and muscle problems.. As if in Kung Fu movies by one look at me he figured out my chronic shoulder problem without telling him what i came for and fixed it right away.. I was so surprised what western medicine couldn't fix for a long time after spending a lot of money, he fixed it right away.. I am not sure how he did it just by touching and relaxing the muscles in the area of pain but he made a fortune out of his practice and ready to retire soon. The fee I paid was so little compared to what I pay a specialist in the US and he helps people with low income too. So I gue…

    • 2 replies
    • 663 views
  21. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Going to a movie later today. Should I see Skyfall, Argo, or Red Dawn? Input on which ones you have seen and which one you enjoyed or did not like. Thanks.

  22. Started by kokopelli,

    Another puzzling quiz for you sleuths out there. This statue of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States is prominently displayed where? No, it is not in Springfield, Illinois where he once lived but it could be anywhere in the world. It is in an outdoor environment for any and all to see. Clues will be given as needed.

  23. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Well here is a clip of a mayor who got into trouble by making an anti gay remark. She apologies but states that marriage is between one man and one woman... I am not sure where she finds bases for that argument other than in fairy tales and movies.. I think it's romantic to have one true love we see in Twilight.. A lot of woman lose sleep over that story of true love including myself but our reality is different... I sometimes wonder why I strongly want a mongamous marriage.. I guess I want someone who I can trust and spend my life with.. I guess it's more of an emotional thing rather than a rational thing for me.. Anyways, I want to be Bella too and don't mind losing my …

  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    And not the twinkies that we generally talk about here. . .

  25. Started by TampaYankee,

    Thought I'd mention that there are still 30,000 without power and many tens of thousands or more still coping with temporary housing situations as well as food and other personal needs. I know some are skeptical of the effectiveness of the Red Cross and I wanted to share a couple of local organizations with good reps that are on the frontline in the communities every day. They came with high recommendations, one from Chris Matthews and the other from another cable talking head that eludes me at this moment. I checked both out to my own satisfaction and share with those who are able to offer some support to the hardest hit communities. DrAtlasFoundation.org works in Stat…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.