The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Thanksgiving Day Parade find by Townie on Facebook and I stole it.
-
- 2 replies
- 789 views
-
-
A 59 year old Florida woman has died after being in a diabetic coma for 42 years. For 37 of those years, her mother stayed faithfully at her bedside, turning her over every two hours. For the last 5 years, the sister of the now deceased woman has performed the watch. It's a sad story. The mother felt that her daughter was happy despite the coma, and chose to keep her alive and devote her own life to the daughter's care. The mother felt the presence of another mother in the room with her- that presence, she thought, was the mother of Jesus. Author Wayne Dyer wrote a book about the mother's promise to always be there for her daughter. These facts are gleaned from an LA T…
-
For years, once common thing has been that everyone knew where they were and what they were doing the moment they heard that the president had been assassinated. Now as the population ages, plenty of folk see his death as ancient history. But I am one of those who remember distinctly where I was- in class in school. An announcement came over the PA, where a breathless priest announced that news had come over the wireless that the president was dead. He actually used the word wireless to describe the radio. We all headed to church. The entire weekend was devoted to watching the television. Every minute we could get of news was not enough. Then Jack Ruby killed Lee Harvey…
- 17 replies
- 2.5k views
-
Anti-gay groups in Russia have sued Madonna or more than $10 million for "moral damage suffered by St. Petersburg residents" during a recent concert in the city, according to Reuters and a report from Ria Novosti, Russia's state news agency. Alexander Pochuyev, a lawyer representing one of the suing parties, told Ria Novostithat attendees of the concert and those who have seen videos of her performance have suffered "psychological stress and emotional shock" because of her "promotion of homosexuality." Pochuyev also said that the pop star "trampled down" an Orthodox cross. According to Human Rights Watch, the parliament of St. Petersburg earlier this…
- 5 replies
- 988 views
-
GLEE and specifically Darren Criss and the Warblers take on one of my favorite Kelly Clarkson's songs "Dark Side". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jirpy39diM
-
- 2 replies
- 721 views
-
-
If you think these might fit, go get them at Target. Oh, they meant cock-tail rings. . .
- 2 replies
- 821 views
-
ABC cancelled the very stupid "Last Resort" and the not-trying hard enough AHS wannabe, "666 Park Avenue. Also CBS cancelled the gay comedy "Partners". I'm not surprised by any of those. 3 more shows to cross off my list.
- 20 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving Day!
- 8 replies
- 822 views
-
-
In an unearthed letter to his mother, from 1935, Sigmund Freud wrote "Homosexuality is assuredly no advantage, but it is nothing to be ashamed of, no vice, no degradation; it cannot be classified as an illness; we consider it to be a variation of the sexual function, produced by a certain arrest of sexual development. Many highly respectable individuals of ancient and modern times have been homosexuals, several of the greatest men among them. (Plato, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, etc). It is a great injustice to persecute homosexuality as a crime - and a cruelty, too."
-
You won't believe what came in 4th on the happiness scale, which only proves that ignorance is bliss! You'll have to click the article and read to find out. http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report_sex-makes-people-happiest_1765764
-
- 3 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
Classes only looked like this in my fantasy life. Love the BullyBoy! http://www.andrewchristian.com/socialvideos/after-school-special/
-
The winner of Broadway's Sexiest Man for 2012 is .... Ricky Martin. Duh.
-
This is completely NSFW. You have been warned. It's called The Day the Earth Stopped Masturbating, and the premise is that every time a guy pleasures himself, somewhere on the planet, another man drops dead. Soon, some ambitious young guys stock up on lotion and Kleenex in an effort to achieve world domination by killing off all the other men so they can have their pick of women. A world without men is a terrifying thought.
-
For all of you twink lovers who want clean and healthy teeth. . .
-
- 3 replies
- 648 views
-
-
Do you rember your first love? I wonder what has happened to them from time to time... I'm glad that my first love didn't work out though...
- 6 replies
- 842 views
- 1 follower
-
A Manchester lawyer took a teenage girl to Canada, had her engage in sexual activity and convinced her to let it be filmed, according to federal indictments. FBI agents swiftly arrested Lisa Biron yesterday morning as she awaited a hearing on child pornography charges at Manchester’s district court. About 9 a.m. FBI agents entered the courtroom, told Biron to leave her belongings and took her into an adjoining conference room where she remained for several minutes before coming out in handcuffs. Outside, Biron ducked her head below the backseat window of a white vehicle as it was driven away from the courthouse. A few hours later in U.S. District Court in Concord, Biro…
- 4 replies
- 753 views
- 1 follower
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXW3eCHG4Oo&feature=relmfu
-
I get invited back every year to a high school reunion. I have never been. I was thinking about that tonight as I watched the Glee show. I have never even been back to my high school since I graduated. I do have friends from those days but the memories are not ones that I care to revisit so each year, I just never show up and never go. Everyone says they would love to see me. But, what do I even have in common with them now? Do you return for your reunions? Do you keep in touch with friends from yesteryear?
-
- 14 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So the news today is that the creator of ELMO has left his role temporarily to deal with a legal issue where a 23 year old man said they had an affair when he was 16. So far the allegations are being denied. But that is certainly not the scandal the muppets need.
-
- 11 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
I was a bit surprised to be reading all the protests in France against gay marriage. I thought France was a very liberal country and gays were widely accepted. Have others who have spent more time there know about this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20382699
-
- 3 replies
- 642 views
- 1 follower
-
-
When the "likes this" function began, I didn't quite understand it. Did I click on it since I liked my post, or did I only click on it for others' posts? I now see that it is a way for others to say they liked someone's post without actually using a reply. It's also a bit of a popularity contest and, I think, a motivator. If you get into it, you arguably will be motivated to post stuff that will get some like clicks. That's not so easy as some are pretty tight with their likes. Others will respond that they like, but not click the "Likes This" button. Likes are just a way of knowing some feedback about how interesting others are seeing our posts. Of course, the more th…
- 19 replies
- 1.6k views
-
I am not lookin to be contrary here, but I am beginning to wish that nudity on the streets of San Francisco had never gotten off the ground. If you are unfamiliar with the controversy over the right to be naked in public, this might fill you in: http://www.nytimes.c...nce.html?ref=us When we think of nude men, we think of the guys in the Pornification Forum. (This guy, for example, I want to see naked, just not at the grocery store: But the reality is different: I don't want to see the naked parts of most people, and I think I have just as much right to walk the streets without being offended as anyone. Why these folks think they have a right to be naked in …
- 14 replies
- 1.3k views
-
Cruising Van Nuys Blvd every Wednesday night was a tradition for those growing up in SoCal. Oh so many sexy boys in their revved up motor vehicles mmmm
- 4 replies
- 762 views
-
Sorry you could not make it to Mickey's last night to see the talent I arranged( just for you! ) at Cocktails With The Stars!
-
- 14 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-