The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Doris Day turns 90 today. The iconic star, who rose to the top in recordings, movies and television, is one of a dwindling number of pop music hit-makers from the 1940s and early 1950s who are still living. The major stars of that era who are still with us are now in their 80s and 90s. A few, notably the eternally cool Tony Bennett, 85, are still going strong. But most have been in retirement for years. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1hZRAMDiZ8
-
Sometimes when you are texting, the iPHone gets creative in spell check. Ellen shared a few today. This one is hilarious:
-
A full list of nominees follows below: Worst Picture - Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star - Jack & Jill - New Year's Eve - Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 Worst Actor - Russell Brand, Arthur - Nicolas Cage, Drive Angry 3-D, Season Of The Witch, and Trespass - Taylor Lautner, Abduction and Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I - Adam Sandler, Jack & Jill and Just Go With It - Nick Swardson, Bucky Larson: Born To Be A Star Worst Actress - Martin Lawrence (As "Momma"), Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son - Sarah Palin (As "Herself"), Sarah Palin: The U…
-
- 8 replies
- 922 views
-
-
Hmm, no way to enter sub-title when creating a new topic now... I knew nothing of the books (other than hearing they existed and were popular) so I went in a blank slate. The vast majority of the audience was much like a Twilight audience, which had me worried. But this is pretty much the anti-Twighlight: it's smart, moving, has a point, and has a strong lead actress (who CAN ACT) and she takes her life by the horns instead of being a pouting victim. Even better, it has a subversive message that is very, very timely at this point in history, especially in light of the 99% vs. the Romneys of the world. Visually it's not nearly as spectacular as John Carter but it …
-
- 18 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
It's like Craigslist all over again, complete with the huge emphasis on underage... Though I didn't think Backpage was that big of a success. In fact I'd still figure it quite possible that more people find prostitutes via CL to this day than in Backpage's actual forums for that purpose...
-
- 7 replies
- 852 views
-
-
A new record may will be set soon with the largest payout ever. Over 476 Million for this Friday night's Jackpot! Good luck!
-
- 66 replies
- 5.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
WOW This kid is a bit fucked up! ================== Fresh from winning a Brit award, teenage pop sensation Justin Bieber has suggested that homosexuality is a choice and that abortion is wrong even when pregnancy is caused by rape. In an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, he appeared to label homosexuality as a choice rather than something that is uncontrollable. He also spoke out against abortion even when pregnancy is caused by rape, saying “everything happens for a reason.” The interview for next month’s Rolling Stone magazine has been distributed via blogs. When asked what his views on homosexuality are, Bieber responded: “It’s everyone’s own decision to do …
-
- 7 replies
- 960 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sarah Palin to co-host The Today Show on Tuesday 4-3. NBC has countered ABC's move of bringing Katie Couric to "Good Morning America" this week by announcing Sarah Palin will co-host "Today" this Tuesday. On their website, the peacock said that Palin will "reveal a different side of her than you've seen before." NBC is also promising that "a surprise legend will return to the broadcast Monday morning." Palin and Couric are forever linked from their infamous interview in 2008 when Couric hosted "CBS Evening News." The interview is widely credited for destroying Palin's credibility ... probably forever.
-
This is from the Joe My God blog. But hilarious . . .
-
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights launched the survey on the LGBT experience of life in member states today. It is hoped the results will support the development of equality policies for gay and trans people in the European Union and form an agenda for years to come. The Agency said national and European policy makers, as well as non-governmental organisations, would be able to better target their advocacy strategies and activities to tackle discrimination against the gay and transgender communities across Europe. The survey asks a range of questions about LGBT people’s experiences including: Personal circumstances Public perceptions and responses to …
-
If Recall technology existed, would you? Movie looks pretty cool, but after the 'blue sky on Mars' bit blew my mind in the original I'm not sure how I'll be able to take this as anything but him experiencing the implanted memory...
-
- 0 replies
- 635 views
-
-
Who gets your vote for the best Star Trek captain? What is it about them that puts them at the top of the list? Most of us grew up watching this show. Or, at least some of us did. I was always a big fan. My vote will sadden some but I have to vote for Jean-Luc Picard. I found him sexy!
-
- 14 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Keith Olbermann's show dumped by CurrentTV (Al Gore's channel) http://www.latimes.c...ory?track=icymi I wonder what happened now. There is no real detail on the reasons for the change. But I can't believe that Elliot Spitzer is a better choice than Keith to draw attention to a non-existent network.
-
- 22 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So maybe you aren't a basketball fan. Well maybe you can get behind the school with your favorite celebrity alumnus. Check out the brackets as supplied by The Daily Beast where they list famous alumni for each school playing. Just click the image to enlarge and move around to read it better.
-
Can't wait. . .
-
Neil Patrick Harris will return as host of the Tony Awards telecast on June 10, the Broadway League and the American Theater Wing announced. Mr. Harris hosted the awards ceremony last year and in 2009. It will again be at the Beacon Theater in Manhattan and will be broadcast by CBS.
-
-
Have you ever seen an eagle do the breast stroke? This is an amazing video of an eagle trying to catch a fish and he has to land in the water to get it. I've never seen an eagle land on the water before then look what he does to bring the fish to shore. Amazing mother nature. . .
-
I'm not a fan of country music, but I am a fan of Carrie Underwood and as a two time Entertainer of the Year winner on the ACM's she returned to sing her new single "Good Girl" last night. Here is her performance. She and Kelly Clarkson and Adam Lambert are all my favorite American Idol finalists. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK5HXhGmLEI
-
MDNA is Madonna's 12th album to top the UK charts a feat which means the singer has beaten Elvis Presley's record of 11 chart-topping albums to become the most successful solo artist ever in UK album charts, the Official Charts Company said. The album's success will be welcome news for Madonna, whose first single from MDNA, Give Me All Your Luvin', peaked at only number 37 when it was released in February, making it one of her biggest UK chart flops. It's also on track to hit #1 in the US when the Billboard charts are published this Thursday. Click here for more information.
-
I think my reputation on the "other" place which isn't here but is about a similar topic that is discussed on this forum...is tarnished. Maybe it's just me. How am I supposed to get people to know and love me again? I know..I'm not supposed to tell any of my real opinions any longer, right? gcursor
-
- 6 replies
- 731 views
-
-
Kohl's does what??? This is hysterical. Sometimes sign placement is unintentional. . .
-
Hilarious. Spot on. http://alphadesigner.com/mapping-stereotypes/
-
- 4 replies
- 860 views
-
-
My niece and nephew are really enjoying the Hunger Games as they read all the books in this series. They also loved Harry Potter and grew up with those books. I just saw the Greek myths movie about Perseus and the gods. It was just OK but as I loved the myths when I was younger, I still enjoyed the movie. If I could choose anyone one book that I want to see being made into a movie, it would be The Giver. I loved the book so much but I didn't read it until I was an adult. If I had to pick a book from my childhood, I'll have to ask for the ENTIRE Wizard of Oz series. There were many books from that group and I loved them all. I feel in love with the characters and n…
-
- 9 replies
- 979 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I truly think I'm getting old as this post will show. Yesterday I went throug a drive thru paid with my debit card, which I use for nearly everything. Took the card placed it in my front shirt pocket where I normally keep it. Drive about 10 minutes to a brief appointment. Walked in filled out a form then got back in my car. Went to check for my debit card and phone as I do often for some reason and the debit card was missing Walked back into the ground floor office I had been in not there, looked on the sidewalk and inside my car not there. Called the bank cancelled the card. This morning get in my car and on the passenger seat is my debit card, WTF? Thankfully I wa…
-
- 21 replies
- 1.8k views
- 1 follower
-