Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Their new ads are funny and a bit sexy. . .

    • 0 replies
    • 404 views
  2. Started by Suckrates,

    Well first nite for the Idol 13, and for me the clear front runner is Jessica sanchez, although I do love Erika Van Pelt as well... Was hoping to swoon to over colton, but although he is nice eye candy, not a fan of his music... Joshua was also good, but I felt bad for Jermey, who JLo is clearly routing for but just didnt cut the mustard last nite.... Back to Jessica however, her rendition of Whitneys "I Will Always Love You was beautiful and Flawless. It even made me forget Whitneys version, a testament to Jessicas talent. You Go Gurl....

  3. In another thread we were discussing the fall of the Male Escort Agencies in USA. Expat brought up some places in LA where gogo boys will often approach him. See http://www.maleescortreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/9821-the-downfall-of-the-male-escort-agencies-in-usa/page__pid__55766__st__20#entry55766 I am curious for those living in Los Angeles and love gay escorts, rentboys, gogo boys, etc. where do you go? What are the best nights? Are there massage places that are the best? I have seen some massage places in backpage but not not tried them. Anyone else given them a shot? What nights are the best for gogo boys and which venues? Thanks.

  4. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    OZ I hope your birthday is awesome! Stay well and wishing you many more!

  5. Priest Walks Out Of Woman’s Funeral Because Of Her Gay Daughter Originally saw the story on Towley.

    • 21 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. Maybe if they keep it up Fox News will be a self-correcting problem? Fox News Literally Scares Woman To Death I barely resisted the urge to try to shake some sense into a dipshit going on about Obamacare in the supermarket today. Maybe if I had it'd save his life some day...

    • 0 replies
    • 678 views
  7. Hard to imagine a 'beloved High School Principal'; easy to imagine this happening in Arizona... Cynthia Davis, a respected and beloved principal at Paradise Valley High School, was fired by the school district at a meeting last Thursday that so enraged parents police helicopters were brought in to control the situation. The parents had no idea why the board had voted 5-0 not to renew Davis' contract. Arizona's 12News now believes they know why Davis was fired: On Friday, community member Shelly Hickerson came forward with a letter she had written to the district administration, including Superintendent James Lee, on March 11 praising Davis' work as principal. In the …

    • 0 replies
    • 676 views
  8. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Love the song.. love the video.. she is back and she is hot.. The video is one of her most provocative in recent years...

  9. Started by ihpguy,

    Here is the Facebook page this came from: Wipeout Homophobia http://www.facebook.com/WHOF1 with the caption: "hubbie in afghanistan raising a gay pride flag."

  10. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I am so excited for the premiere of Mad Men tonight after being gone for nearly 20 months. Here are some stills from the Season 5 promo shoot. . .

    • 4 replies
    • 499 views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I know all of the truth hasn't come out on either incident but Will Smith does make a good point here. . .

    • 0 replies
    • 494 views
  12. Started by Lucky,

    There is room for 28 threads on the main page of the Hooboy Pub, which is the face of MER to the world. If someone were looking at this site for the first time, this is the picture that they would get. Of the 28 threads, 20 of them involve Hollywood or sports celebrities. One could be forgiven for mistaking the site for a Perez Hilton imitation. If I were coming to the site for the first time, I would move on within seconds. I simply don't care for Hollywood trivia. I am looking for a site of interest to adult gay men. Yes, I know some of them are into this aspect of celebrity, but I am not. Since the site has changed its focus so much, my interest has waned. If I did…

  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/elton-john-hits-65-less-retired-ever-talking-191055309.html For some folks, 65 is retirement age. For Elton John, who reaches that mark on Sunday, it's the age at which you book a summer tour of Europe in addition to your lucrative Las Vegas residency… release a T Bone Burnett-produced comeback CD… prepare a sequel to your last hit animated musical, Gnomeo & Juliet… watch the grosses come in for your touring stage musical, Billy Elliot… dress up as a monarch and shill for Pepsi in inescapable TV spots…

    • 4 replies
    • 580 views
  14. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I was pretty impressed with the premiere of "Missing" on ABC last night. Ashley Judd is really good in this show. She does this kind of action really well. I wasn't expecting much actually but was very impressed. The pilot in its entirety is in the link below in case you want to watch it. (US viewers only)

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views
  15. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Simon Cowell was stunned by this 17 year old opera singer on "Britain's Got Talent".

  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Stars gathered Saturday (March 24) in New York for the annual GLAAD Media Awards. Lady Gaga was honored as Outstanding Music Artist while "Dancing With The Stars" took home the award for Outstanding Reality Program. Former contestant Carson Kressley picked up the honor for the show. Oprah Winfrey, too, was recognized for her episode "Coming Out on the Oprah Show: 25 Years of Unforgettable Guests." "Glee's" Cory Monteith and Naya Rivera hosted and also did their part by auctioning off kisses on stage in support of the organization. Former "Growing Pains" star Tracey Gold also spoke, saying "there is nothing unnatural about being gay" -- a stance held by her former co-s…

    • 0 replies
    • 443 views
  17. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Now that CL escort section is long gone what alternative have you found? In Dallas Backpage seems to have picked up some of the slack. But escorts are also trying to post adds still in CL M4M section. However, they tend to get flagged rather quickly.

    • 0 replies
    • 493 views
  18. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    My go go boy friend sent me this pic with the caption: "Well FINE! I didn't want to shop there anyway!!"

    • 3 replies
    • 690 views
  19. Guest EXPAT

    After being urged to cancel a scheduled concert in St. Petersburg, Russia, because of the city’s recently passed "gay propaganda" law, Madonna announced that she would use the show as an opportunity to speak out against the anti-gay legislation. "I will come to St. Petersburg to speak up for the gay community and to give strength and inspiration to anyone who is or feels oppressed," the singer told Bloomberg Businessweek in an email. "I don’t run away from adversity. I will speak during my show about this ridiculous atrocity." Just a few days ago journalist Masha Gessen wrote an opinion piece for the New York Times asking the queen of pop to cut her Aug. 9 performance. …

    • 5 replies
    • 658 views
  20. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.frontiersla.com/Other/PDF/BackIssues/3024.pdf For those that don't live in the LA area or who never get out to get this magazine, the above link is for the latest issue. I'm always amazed at how many ads are in there for either plastic surgery or for prescription medication. It's unbelievable. But I guess that's what keeps the magazine free. It's still not a very good one. I prefer NEXT in NYC.

    • 1 reply
    • 627 views
  21. Alan Turing is a national hero. His contribution to computer science, and hence to the life of the nation and the world, is incalculable. The ripple-effect of his theories on modern life continues to grow, and may never stop. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/31659 Best way England could recognize his importance to his field and apologize for their past bigotry... Probably no point in non-subjects signing it though.

    • 3 replies
    • 868 views
  22. I went last year and had a blast. I hope others are able to go this year. If so, I hope you all have a fantastic time! http://www.maleescortreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8909-8th-annual-palm-springs-weekend-2012/

  23. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Big thumbs up to OZ & TY for the useful refresh of the MER Forums! Everything from the easier to read font size and color contrast to the thread previews and more is a huge plus!

  24. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    I'm wondering how many here do their own taxes and if so do you use a program? My tax situation had been a nightmare till last year when I decided to get it cleaned up. I went to H&R Block I felt they did well and they sure know how to charge! If I return this year I found out my estimated fee will be $800.! Keep in mind I no longer own any property, sold the condo, and my income is mostly 1099 and I do have my own very small business so I do list deductions. There must be a less expensive firm or a computer program I can use to file myself. I do not even need to worry about state tax cause we have none here! Any suggestions are appreciated!

    • 16 replies
    • 1.6k views
  25. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Would you watch these two gay guys on the OWN network? Take a peak. . .

    • 2 replies
    • 564 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.