Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by JKane,

    Teenage boys sitting on each other’s laps, exchanging back rubs and dolling out hugs: This was the sight that researcher Mark McCormack found when he went to a British high school to research masculinity. http://www.salon.com/2012/02/22/is_homophobia_disappearing/ Sounds very interesting, still reading.

    • 5 replies
    • 890 views
  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2012/02/plankton-fueled-ocean-eddy-is.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news This is amazing. I guess this happens frequently and it's natures way of bringing nutrients from the deep up to the surface.

    • 4 replies
    • 780 views
  3. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Mick and Jeff Beck perform at White House Blues tribute show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KV3JaX1nn4

    • 0 replies
    • 533 views
  4. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    I'm not sure what the author is basically trying to say from this book and I don't think she is an introvert either.. She tries too hard to categorize so many historical figures into a certain personality type wihout considering other factors. I agree with her on that American culture is unique and different. So how? She states that american culture promotes and motivates extroverts but I look at it in a slightly different view. It just seems that way because extroverts are just loud and out there. There are many introverts quietly do their share and lead the country. It just seems that extroverts dominates everything but that's not necessary true. Another thing is her cr…

    • 2 replies
    • 492 views
  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    JAZZ FM in the UK aired 5 minutes of gay porn last night (by accident). http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/02/20/radio-station-aired-five-minutes-of-gay-porn/ I suspect some technician was watching gay porn at work and hit the transmit button by accident. How embarrassing.

    • 0 replies
    • 441 views
  6. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I've often been tempting to react to the A&F huger than life posters in the mall as well. . .

  7. Started by TotallyOz,

    Hitoallusa has been posting here for a while and he always keeps an upbeat positive attitude. It is really refreshing and enlightening. Thank you for being a member and keeping all of us in good spirits!

  8. Guest Daddy
    Started by Guest Daddy,

    Since I now have an escort within my book-ends whom I believe will be a respectable individual for me to bring to such an honorable weekend event such as this - please consider me in! I'm excited to meet the members here and I'm also looking forward to meeting new friends as well. I feel compelled to offer my resources, whatever they might be to the hosts, to make this weekend the very best weekend of them all. Please let me know how I can contribute to this weekend to being the most memorial and fun of them all!

  9. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    Anyone here use the Rhapsody music service? I'm thinking why do I care if I own a song or record these days when I can have them for as long as I want at $10. x month? Lets see $120. a year for unlimited music or $120. to purchase about 120 songs on iTunes....? Growing up and even for many years after I had a huge record collection ... over 10,000 which I sold over the years. Mostly because I became tired of storing them or lugging them around when I moved. I experimented with different services amd did try Rhapsody but they were new and did not have their act together. Now I'm thinking of giving their 14 day free trial a spin. Any feedback or other services you guys …

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. Guest Daddy
    Started by Guest Daddy,

    Good bye....

    • 1 reply
    • 531 views
  11. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    This is actually cute. Taylor taught Zac how to play the guitar and they wrote a little song for Ellen DeGeneres.

    • 0 replies
    • 454 views
  12. Started by JKane,

    "We had a brief conversation with his teachers: Our son is identifying as gay. We don't think there's anything wrong with that or with him. And this is the only acceptable opinion on the subject." When Your 7-Year-Old Son Announces, 'I'm Gay' Here's hoping middle and high school don't destroy him!

    • 6 replies
    • 890 views
  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    After 3 seasons, "Blue Mountain State", the homoerotic sitcom on SpikeTV was cancelled. It was fun fluff to watch.

  14. Started by MsGuy,

    Ok, it ain't got squat to do with gay, but I just find it exceedingly cool scientists have brought back to life seeds frozen for 30,000 years in a squirrel burrow in the Siberian permafrost. Kind of pretty, for a thirty thousand year old plant.

    • 6 replies
    • 968 views
  15. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Lindsay Lohan will return to Stage 8H on March 3 to host Saturday Night Live for the fourth time. The actress, 25, will be joined by musical guest Jack White. The hosting gig will mark one of Lohan's first on-screen appearances in months. She most recently posed for the cover of Playboy for the January/ February 2012 issue, and last appeared on the big screen in the 2010 film Machete. Earlier this year, it was reported that Lohan was "in talks" to play Elizabeth Taylor in an upcoming Lifetime TV movie based on the actress' life. Lohan is currently on probation for driving under the influence and shoplifting, but her probation could end as early as next month, according …

    • 3 replies
    • 636 views
  16. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Rihanna, Chris Brown reunite with not one, but two songs http://lat.ms/yKRB8F This will upset a lot of Rihanna fans who have never forgiven Chris Brown for beating her up a few years ago before the Grammy's. While Chris Brown has done everything the court has ordered, it still feels to me that he doesn't take ownership for what he has done. If I were him or if I were one of his PR people, I would have him do PSA on domestic violence to show how wrong it is and how anyone who is a victim should seek out help. But I still think he is too immature to fully understand the ramifications of what he has done.

    • 0 replies
    • 521 views
  17. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yKd8F2BBQQ

    • 4 replies
    • 517 views
  18. Started by BigK,

    By Ben Forer | ABC News – Thu, Feb 16, 2012 12:21 PM EST.. Mars Cutting King-Size Candy (ABC News) Hungry? Starting in 2013 you'll have to grab a slightly smaller Snickers. Mars Inc., which makes M&Ms, Twix, MilkyWay and many other notable candies, told Reuters that by the end of next year it would not sell any chocolate products that had more than 250 calories. That means the more than 500 calorie "King Size" Snickers bar will become extinct, along with other "King Size" goodies. Mars told NPR the company planned to replace "King Size" candy with bags of smaller bars. According to NPR, the company said it wants to "enable sharing or saving a portion for later…

    • 16 replies
    • 1.5k views
  19. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    So many things come to mind with this picture. Daddy daddy daddy. . .

    • 2 replies
    • 581 views
  20. Guest FourAces
    Started by Guest FourAces,

    My biggest reality show guilty pleasure is the Amazing Race. Did anyone happen to catch last night's season premier? While I don't spot the token gay team (i don't think there is one this year) there are identical twin brothers that can turn me into their husbands really quick And if you're into muscle there are a couple well built guys as well.

    • 3 replies
    • 651 views
  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    MOTION PICTURE WINNERS ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY Midnight in Paris, Written by Woody Allen (Sony Pictures Classics) ADAPTED SCREENPLAY The Descendants, Screenplay by Alexander Payne and Nat Faxon & Jim Rash; Based on the novel by Kaui Hart Hemmings (Fox Searchlight) DOCUMENTARY SCREENPLAY Better This World, Written by Katie Galloway & Kelly Duane de la Vega (Loteria Films) TELEVISION WINNERS DRAMA SERIES Breaking Bad, Written by Sam Catlin, Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, Gennifer Hutchison, George Mastras, Thomas Schnauz, Moira Walley-Beckett (AMC) COMEDY SERIES Modern Family, Written by Cindy Chupack, Paul Corrigan, Abraham Higginbotham, Ben Karlin, Elaine K…

    • 0 replies
    • 438 views
  22. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    So it took more than two hours just to cook dinner, eat and clean up for just two people. I have dinner for tomorrow so I don't have to cook but it takes a lot of time to just to eat decent dinner. How do you guys manage your meal? I usually have a cup of oat meal for breakfast and eat whatever that is close by for lunch and eat prepared food for dinner if I'm really busy.

    • 6 replies
    • 900 views
  23. Target is figuring things out about you before your family does... how long 'till it's before you know yourself?

    • 1 reply
    • 541 views
  24. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    In case you are interested, here is one of the first pictures taken of Beyoncé and her baby Blue Ivy Carter. JayZ is the father.

    • 2 replies
    • 811 views
  25. Started by JKane,

    So I made a shameful admission in another thread, and that got me to wondering. Since so many LGBT movies are god-awful (yet many watch them religiously anyway...), what are the very best? I'm guessing Brokeback is fairly high on the list? I've also heard good things about A Single Man, I think... but the first time I tried to see it I bought A Serious Man instead... @#$%! That I've actually seen, and especially in the realm of big budget and mainstream appeal, I'd suggest V for Vendetta has an incredibly touching story tucked inside it, though it may be more powerful in the original comic. Of course Philadelphia; And the Band Played On (seen those two too!). Bu…

    • 24 replies
    • 2.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.