The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Most parents probably don't think to filter Google, but take a look at Google Images for "large penis." It's both exciting and gross. They have a crucified Jesus with a huge penis hanging down. How did that escape the Santorum folks? Here's one of the search results that mommies might like...daddies too, for that matter:
-
With the flurry of milestones reached last week, it is interesting to note that many of our top posters are not often here! At the very top, as might be expected, are the admins, Tampa Yankee with 4438 posts, and Totally Oz with 3811. Yours truly is at 3006. But next is BiBottom Boy, who is currently not posting. He has 2472. Another missing poster is next, AdamSmith with 1829. On sick leave is zipperzone with 1419. Then we have an active poster, MsGuy with 1414. We drop a few hundred to get to the next on the list, Marc Anthony with 1144. Right behind him is FourAces, who just returned after a long absence, yet ranks ninth at 1138. EXPAT makes the top ten at an even …
-
- 18 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
-
A demo leaked today of a new song Madonna is recording for her new album to be released in 2012. She is confirmed now for the half time entertainment at the Superbowl along with Nicki Minaj and MIA. Here is the leaked song "Love on Fire". What do you think of Madonna's new sound (not so new necessarily): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts071U2c0og
-
The Muslim majority in the southeast Asian nation of Malaysia has just put a stop to the Gay Pride celebrations planned for this weekend, despite letting it "fly under the radar" for the last few years. A deputy minister led the charge, saying that it ran counter to Muslim traditions in Malaysia. Malaysia Muslims Stop Gay Pride We know that it was the Mormons and the Catholics who pushed Prop 8 in California to stop gay marriage. The Russians in Moscow also stopped Gay Pride proceedings, but what religion are they?
-
- 1 reply
- 794 views
-
-
Birthdays are supposed to be happy days. .We are taught from an early age that birthdays are a time for parties, presents, cake, and celebrations.. I was born on my mother's birthday. It made it super easy to never forget her birthday. As I grew up and moved out on my own, it was almost like a race each year, to see which of us would call the other first every November 15 to say Happy birthday.. But sadly, my mom passed away in 2005. Now, my "happy day" has turned into a sad time. Each year, it seems to get harder and harder as November approaches. I know all about "think of the good times", etc etc. .but it really doesn't help.. It is just a very grey, sad month for me…
-
Over at kennethinthe212.com, I see in a picture that I didn't get the job I applied for:
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
-
-
Isn't it true that as soon as Halloween hits, so does the Christmas decorations. Will Mr. Turkey won't stand for it anymore. . .
-
- 4 replies
- 754 views
-
-
Dancing shirtless tonight on Dancing with the Stars, professional dancer Derek Hough did not need a shirt. He sizzled so much that it would only have burned. He danced a special number with another professional dancer- a female, I think- and was able to let loose, unencumbered by his less talented Dancing partner, Rikki Lake. My guess is that Hough, with his multiple appearances on the popular show, has been seen my more people than any dancer in history, even Nureyev or Baryshnikov. Now, if he would just lose the cheesy moustache...he'd look real sexy again:
-
- 1 reply
- 794 views
-
-
Well I was reading Grand Pursuit by Sylvia Nasar after dinner and suddenly it occurred to me that the book had a lot of similarity to Walter Isaacson's books. So I checked the publisher and not surprisingly they were from the same publisher, Simon & Schuster. On the other thread some forum members were talking about people doing almost anything to gain publicity for their new albums or books. It became a formula for launching a product in our superficial society. If there is some kind of a successful formula then publishers seem to grab it and force it into every book they publish. I don't blame them because they need to make money. I,however, can't believe these a…
-
In my time I have been around many judges, and they all seem to see themselves as fascinating people. We were expected to gather around and be all ears when they spoke, especially laughing at their jokes. Judges, after all, are lawyers, and lawyers are never as interesting as they think they are. But twice when I was upgraded on a cross country flight I got to sit next to Stanford professors. The conversations I had with them were truly fascinating. They, too, are used to having students gather at their feet, and surely the students must laugh at their jokes. But is an advantage for professors that they are well-educated and specialists in their fields, whilst judges ar…
-
This was my friend's Halloween costume, but I think he could easily be confused for a villain in the upcoming Batman movie.
-
- 2 replies
- 901 views
-
-
Or so wrote Daniel Avila, policy advisor to the US Conference of Bishops, at least until somebody in a bright red hat kicked him really really hard under the table. In an article titled Some fundamental questions on same-sex attraction, Avila wrote that disruptive imbalances in nature that thwart encoded processes point to supernatural actors who, unlike God, do not have the good of persons at heart. He continued, Whenever natural causes disturb otherwise typical biological development, leading to the personally unchosen beginnings of same-sex attraction, the ultimate responsibility, on a theological level, is and should be imputed to the evil one, not God. Bend ov…
-
- 5 replies
- 1k views
-
-
I was going through my Outlook tonight deleting contacts. I notified a few escorts to drop me from their contacts. One guy comes back with "Who are you?" I was thinking "Well you emailed me okay a month or so ago when you were in town wanting to know if I wanted to get together!" I dunno...I know I am low man on the totem pole but still saying "Who are you?" seems bad to me. Wouldn't you want to say , "Okay I'm sorry you feel that way. Just to verify, could you send me what city you're from and any other identifying details that might help me find you? I will be sure to take care of it as quickly as I can." but don't say "Okay, who are you?" Ah well, that's what happens …
-
This is one of the best FALL photos I've ever seen. LOVE THIS.
-
I'm sorry but having lived in the Los Angeles area for over 5 years now I no longer believe anything I read or hear. All of the sudden there is a paternity suit against Justin Bieber the same day that his new holiday CD comes out?? The PR engine is in motion again - get his name on all the news shows and on all the gossip shows and just happen to mention that "Under the Mistletoe" is in stores today. . . And Kris Kardashian's new book (Kim's mom) also came out Tuesday the day after her daughter filed for divorce from her fake wedding. . . (America is really gullible)
-
There has been a sad story in the news the last few days.. A Phoenix-based flight attendant was on a layover in Mexico City. He met/picked up a boy in a bar and took him back to his hotel. The flight attendant, even stopped by the front desk and registered his guest. When Nick, the flight attendant failed to show up for his morning flight, his co-workers sent hotel staff to check his room, and he was found dead, naked and bound on the floor. An arrest has been made. Not alot of details have been released yet, but one version that was up for a short time stated that the suspect was an escort.. I have seen the victim before here in Phoenix. Not sure if it was in a club o…
-
Yes, that’s Zac Efron. Should the bulge be bigger?
-
See Neil Patrick Harris’s Halloween Family Portrait Whoa, NPH's family causes cute overload with the whole Peter Pan thing.
-
-
I do not recall creating a poll here before but maybe I have. Anyway I hope you will vote for just one of the above. Obviously the closest choice to your type. Note you do not need to be registered to vote.
-
This is funny and is showing up all over facebook tagging people left and right. hmmm I wonder what they are saying. . .
-
A friend of mine, who is a devoted christian, has helped out a guy for a very long period of time. I still can't understand why he is being so selfless. His good deeds paid off and they both are well and happy. There are many touching stories like those among us. The universe seems to be so vast and empty but those amazing stories that touch our heart not only enrich our lives but also fill emptiness in my heart when I look at the vast universe. So I decided to do something nice today to a person I don't get along with. Somehow my good intention will be amplified and fill the vast universe with joy and love. Life is short but we can do amazing things with it. It doesn'…
-
The 9/11 Memorial officially is printed with the 11 in blue ink. Kind of festive, eh? It's 9/11. (Did that color show up? I rarely get these things such as color and italics, or bold, right.) But the colored 11, I think, refers to the blue lights which were put on the site to lite up the sky in memory of the twin towers. Or should that now be The Twin Towers? About the time of the tenth anniversary of 9/11, I read a book called 102 Minutes, which gave just about a floor by floor description of what the occupants of the buildings faced on that fateful morning. It was quite moving. Little did I know that soon after I would be in a hotel room overlooking the World Trade…
-
- 1 reply
- 887 views
-
-
Just curious as to why others made a decision to hire their first escort. I was 28 and just started law school and was going with a straight friend to the straight strip clubs in NYC and decided I wanted to try the Gaiety. When I was approached between songs, a guy was very friendly and flirting and I had an ah ha moment. He was a male escort. I said OK and went with him. The rest is history. You?
-
- 16 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-