Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    I've often thought of this question but never posted it... IF your life could be described in a song, what song would it be? I'll start...mine is best described by LONESOME LOSER by Little River Band

  2. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Maybe you can figure out what's going on in this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NK02HXzcPM

    • 1 reply
    • 538 views
  3. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Now this is a serious question! What do you do when your neighbours are going at it with such passion and abandonment that all the moans and other more audible sounds of love-making can be easily heard not only in the outside corridor but in other apartments? Is a simple request to “turn down the volume” enough? One of the most pleasant aspects of my apartment is the peace and quiet. I get no traffic noise, I hear the birds sing in the morning, I have a nice view – virtually the only aural disturbances are thunderstorms. A few days ago, I bumped into my older neighbour who happens also to be gay. His apartment adjoins that of another neighbour – one living di…

    • 11 replies
    • 2.2k views
  4. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    One statistic has niggled me for some weeks. When you open the Forums page, down there on the bottom right side is a note - Online At Once Record - 582 15 December 2010 - 10:01 PM I am really curious. What on earth was happening that evening to give it the most viewed record?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    Very early today (I think), I logged onto the board and I think I saw OZ or Lucky with the NY symbol that I think the member Yankee uses? So what did u guys do with Yankee and how did you get his symbol? Gcursor

    • 0 replies
    • 566 views
  6. Oscar Wilde was not a man who lived in fear, but early reviews of “The Picture of Dorian Gray” must have given him pause. The story, telling of a man who never ages while his portrait turns decrepit, appeared in the July, 1890, issue of Lippincott’s, a Philadelphia magazine with English distribution. The Daily Chronicle of London called the tale “unclean,” “poisonous,” and “heavy with the mephitic odours of moral and spiritual putrefaction.” The St. James Gazette deemed it “nasty” and “nauseous,” and suggested that the Treasury or the Vigilance Society might wish to prosecute the author. Most ominous was a short notice in the Scots Observer stating that although “Dorian G…

  7. Started by TownsendPLocke,

    So this weekend I will be heading to Chicago for Market Days for the first time. I am guessing it is a street fair and music event? Are there any slightly risque events happening as well? http://www.northalsted.com/pages/northalsted_market_days_/29.php

  8. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Now we know. Birds do do it! They can be as gay as humans. http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/14479670 The article also points out that Roy and Silo, a pair of bonded male penguins at London Zoo, paid no attention to females in their enclosure for at least a year. They even built a nest together and incubated and hatched a fertislised egg given to them by one of the keepers.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Started by TotallyOz,

    I loved her Newsweek cover. She looks like she is getting ready to take on America. The Iowa straw polls came out and I can see why they love her so much. This video should help others understand who this power couple really is. Or, not. http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/360abd38db/behind-the-scenes-of-michele-bachmann-s-newsweek-cover?playlist=featured_videos

  10. Started by Lucky,

    With bad news seemingly insurmountable, management at MER has taken a new look at posting, and thus the decision has been made to make MER a happy place. No more negative posts, no look at the downside of things, no bad escort dates, and no massages without happy endings. All pix posted will be of the cutest guys imaginable, and they will have no acne or skidmarks in their underwear. Each poster, upon opening the page to MER will be dazzled by a brief blast of pleasant and soothing light, with the Vienna Boys Chorus singing Hallelujah lightly in the background. Anyone not posting something happy will find themselves sorting envelopes for the MER annual fund drive instead …

  11. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    Okay...let's try this topic out. What will happen is that I will give you the studio and my brief synopsis of the porn...you have to guess the NAME of the porn...the person who gets it RIGHT will do the next question....let's start Studio: PACIFIC SUN Synopsis: A guy stumbles on a liquid that makes people horny when they come into contact with it. He tries it out on everybody on his swim team.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Started by Lucky,

    Gawker.com reveals in what is for them a long article about the ex-bishop of Miami and his secret gay underground, wherein favored gay priests were rewarded and debauchery went unpunished. It's pretty interesting reading: (Bishop) Favalora, who was the most powerful Catholic official in Southern Florida from 1994 until last year, stands accused of cultivating what one group of pissed-off Catholics describes as a corrupt "homosexual superculture" in the 195 churches, schools, missions, seminaries, and universities that constitute the Miami Archdiocese. If their allegations are to be believed, for sixteen years Favalora ran his organization like the don of a lavender mob, …

  13. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    ATTENTION! ATTENTION! I have a very important decision to make. I'm wondering if this tie *shows tie* or this tie *shows tie* would go better with the shirt I'm wearing now? Gcursor

    • 2 replies
    • 790 views
  14. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    Something happened recently on the fringes of my life so I thought I would talk a little bit about it. People are always wanting fame. Whether they want to publish a book or they want their name in lights or they want a million people to follow them on TWITTER, it's all about fame. The question is what happens when fame finds you? I follow several people on TWITTER. Everybody says what they want on TWITTER. Some people show little self-restraint and others realize what a public forum it is. One of the people that I followed recently was thrust into the spotlight because of something "heroic" that they tried to do online. The problem is is that this person had made seve…

    • 1 reply
    • 788 views
  15. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I found these three videos hilarious !! Part 1: Part 2: Part 3:

    • 0 replies
    • 529 views
  16. Started by TotallyOz,

    Here is a photo of a famous person. Who is it?

  17. Started by ihpguy,

    Police: Drunk JetBlue flier urinated on sleeping girl Here's one flight you can count your lucky stars you weren't on. The New York Post has the head-scratching report on JetBlue Flight 166, writing "chaos erupted on (the airline's) red-eye flight from Portland, Ore., to JFK yesterday when a drunk allegedly urinated on a sleeping 11-year-old girl." The incident came when an apparently intoxicated 18-year-old stumbled toward the lavatory but didn't realize he hadn't quite made it the whole way to the bathroom. I was drunk, and I did not realize I was pissing on her leg," the 6-foot-4, 195-pound Vermont man is quoted by the Post as saying to authorities. The newspaper s…

    • 4 replies
    • 997 views
  18. Started by TotallyOz,

    OK. We are down to the final four. Few seem willing to pick a winner out of a pack of 10. Now, there is only one week left. Who will take home the prize? I am going to say Marco at this point. Although, I think one of the girls is far superior to him and will get a lot of votes. I think Marco will make it to the top 2 and I am hoping he will be the winner! Sorry, I just have to pic a cute boy as the winner! It is the gay man inside me hoping to get Marco to join Male Escort Review one day down the road. Tad doesn't really do it for me. Ricky is gone but he was such a beautiful lad! Lovely skin, beautiful face and a smile that lit up the stage EVERY week. IM…

  19. The list is growing, keep it coming guys! http://www.maleescortreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7386-what-strip-clubs-in-north-america-allow-fully-nude-dancing-a-good-male-escort-review-list/

  20. Started by Lucky,

    Embarrassed by the recent turmoil in the US government, the Statue of Liberty announced today that she will be closing. "I can no longer proudly represent the values of a country which ignores their very foundation," the statue said. "What was once a great democracy is now in shambles, and I will not be a part of it." Government authorities meanwhile are trying to put a different spin on it, saying that the statue will be closing, but only for a year, for "maintenance" issues. Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/11/nyregion/statue-of-liberty-will-close-for-a-year-to-further-improve-safety.html?hp

    • 1 reply
    • 765 views
  21. Started by TotallyOz,

    Has anyone seen this yet? I am dying to see it but it is not in Thailand. I hope I see it some way before I return to the USA. http://www.magictripmovie.com/

  22. Started by MsGuy,

    There's an online petition to the powers that be at Sesame Street to let Bert and Ernie out of the closet and get them married. So what do we think of this? About time or too much too soon?

  23. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    So I talked about this briefly before but I thought I would mention it now. I've always been fascinated by "reality porn" sites. I think they're very hot. Everybody is going to start laughing at the next part so hold on. Around January of this year, I was following somebody on TWITTER and they said they had just filmed a scene for xxxxx. I was like "WHAT?!" Then they talked about a few more scenes they did and I was like "NO!!!!!" Reality porn is one of the few beliefs that I still hold onto in my life. I mean it's been a struggle after somebody in 4th grade told me my parents were Santa Claus. So I've been watching some of the reality porn and now I just can't watch t…

    • 1 reply
    • 693 views
  24. Guest gcursor
    Started by Guest gcursor,

    so um..i upgraded to a gold membership. i havent seen any changes? who should I talk to? gcursor

    • 4 replies
    • 857 views
  25. Nothing is set in stone yet. But, we wanted to get input from members on moving the political discussions back to the main forum. We separated them as on other sites the discussions got very heated and uncivil. However, I don't see that on this site. People act as gentlemen even when they have political differences. Do you think the politics forum should be moved into the General Forum?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.