The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
-
- 3 replies
- 791 views
-
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDZ7puF7jWk
-
- 3 replies
- 848 views
-
-
Now this is exciting! http://www.praguepride.com/index.php?page=home-3 Check out the fellas in the dance troup Kazaky
-
- 1 reply
- 849 views
-
-
One of the things I like about summer is farmer's markets. Coming home with fresh stuff, and cooking a great dinner. Today was fresh corn, sauted in butter with salt and black pepper. Roasted beets. Flank steak in a spanish marinade. The farmer had run out of carrots, so walked across the drive and pulled me some fresh. Tomorrow I'll cook up the summer squash. What do you love about summer?
-
- 9 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I went from zero interest in this movie to thinking it's probably the best of the summer! And people who grew up with the originals or were fans got even more out of it. The originals came out a bit early for me and the premise seemed pretty hokey so I never bothered. Until several years ago when I saw that Tim Burton abomination which I'd figured put me off the franchise forever. But I kept seeing good reviews and a friend wanted to see this--and there's nothing else out I wanted to see, so I caved. Man I was glad I did. Other than the one note sniveling that seems to be "Drako Malfoy's" whole range the movie was well acted ("Rodney McKay" is also typecast but …
-
- 3 replies
- 925 views
-
-
-
Only on HBO's "True Blood" . . . A sex scene between a Swedish vampire and a fairy. Just so you know, Sookie, the main character, is a Fairy.
-
- 2 replies
- 620 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Don’t know where to put this little tidbit! Vanity Fair, a magazine I always enjoy reading – although only the UK version (the US version is so packed with extra advertising it’s sometimes quite hard on the wrist and lower arm muscles) – since it usually has a knack of making interesting juicy articles out of seemingly quite boring subjects. The September issue due out next week carries this year’s Best-Dressed list. No, sad to say, it seems none of our regular posters has quite made it – no, not even our suave man-about town, Michael. Nor have any of the lovely boys and girls (and boy-girls) whose photos sometimes adorn our threads. (Mind you, I doubt if any of us…
-
The other thread talks about what we like about summer. Well it remind me of this music from Harry Potter- The Goblet of Fire. There is a scene where Harry walks up a tower and finds Cho. He asks her to the Yule Ball but he gets refused. The winter scene in that clip is breath taking and it goes well the music. Just a random post that brushed my mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-97e9ZO6Q
-
I found this book very interesting reading as it documents a gay man's life before stonewall. Alan Helms was from Indiana, very bright and ended up in NYC as a top male model in the '50s also on academic scholorship and ended up with a Ph.d Several years ago while he was still on the faculty at Univ. Mass., I wrote to him and we ended up having dinner in NYC. He had affairs with various celebraties of that era such as Anthony Perkins but those tidbits are a small part of what was a very interesting time and life. Here is what the NY Times review said: YOUNG MAN FROM THE PROVINCES A Gay Life Before Stonewall. By Alan Helms. 206 pp. Boston: Faber & Faber. …
-
- 3 replies
- 799 views
-
-
The layout of the article makes it too tedious to reproduce. Check it out at: http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/657/supermarket-standoff-canned-tuna/
-
- 2 replies
- 773 views
-
-
So I was trying to think of a unique way to do a movie review. Those of you who don't know me will eventually someday understand that I am ALWAYS looking for ways to do things creatively and unique to challenge myself and to make other people take interest hopefully. This then is a movie review of HORRIBLE BOSSES....you know I really liked the movie
-
Due to copyright restrictions see the article at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/26/doma-new-york-gay-marriage_n_910381.html
-
- 8 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
The Treasury department announced that S&P made a 2 trillion dollar so S&P's downgrade of the US AAA credit rating is flaw. However, there is no detail about this statement. Does anybody know? I guess they are working hard to make a full statement before Monday but I don't like the attitude of the US Treasury. Give us an explanation for a 2 trillion dollar error, please. Is it possible to make such an error at a time like this?
-
Just got back from Vegas baby. Going again later this year to see my Canadian love interest.... Started with about 1000 bucks for gambling, and walked away with just over 1600. Met some cute men, and that's all she wrote. What has everyone else been doing with their summer?
-
-
I have Comcast cable. I never thought of looking around on it for gay porn. I'm not sure if they even offer any. Anyone here use their cable subscription to buy pay per view gay porn? Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903885604576488540447354036.html#ixzz1UBK21yRN
-
- 2 replies
- 773 views
-
-
During the "debt crisis" situation the FAA ran out of funding and, in addition to laying off "non-essential" employees, stopped collecting the so called ticket tax aka FET. Guess what? As most of you already know various airlines increased the cost of their tickets to match the previous cost when the FET was still in effect. How nice of them. How greedy of them. So far, DL and US Airways have offered to refund the FET but I have no idea of what hoops one must just through to obtain same. Does anyone here care to comment on what they had to do to receive a refund? Thanks. Best regards, RA1
-
- 4 replies
- 1k views
-
-
I talked about this some months ago, but today made me think about it again. A unexpected and to me, surprising benefit of participating in this and many years ago the Hooboy board was the friendships that developed! I am a pretty outgoing guy and have a fairly large social circle, but since 2003/4 three of my closest friends are guys who I met off of the review sites. We travel together, two of us who travel frequently for business plan our trips to coincide and it's made for some great times! Several of us have dinner at least once a month in L.A., when I am in NYC again several of us get together. Obviously we have a common interest, but now the social aspects of ou…
-
- 11 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So I have a question..then I have to get back to my iPad WHICH IS MAKING *a beeping sound* which I think is notifying me that TWITTER has an update for me but I have the iPad turned off! This then means that my iPad is DEMONICALLY POSSESSED! and none of this has to do anything with my question..that was just venting..oh and WHY don't they include an instruction booklet on where to turn the thing ON?!? Yes, I'm a computer professional but I'm not supposed to know how EVERYTHING works! I got that damned Apple bluetooth keyboard and spent the better part of 15 minutes how to turn THAT thing on too! Then earlier today I was looking at my iPad and I started making those "bab…
-
Not that I favor actions like the one taken by the Norwegian mass murderer, but there is an issue there that is going to come to the forefront in the very near future. And that is the increasingly large influx of Muslims into traditional European countries. Many argue that Muslims will soon be the majority in countries like France, and that sharia law is not far behind. Is this alarmist thinking? No, it is based on fact and the statements of Muslim leaders. Paris, for example, is surrounded by Muslim slums. Many Muslims take advantage of loose immigration policies to take advantage of loose welfare policies in the countries to which they immigrate. France, guilt-ridden b…
-
- 60 replies
- 7.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I see Ace just made his 100th post! That is excellent. I met him recently and thought he was a lot of fun. Congrats Ace and welcome to the 100 post club!
-
- 4 replies
- 779 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Do you ever get in a bleeh, yucky mood where you don't want to do anything at all? It isn't a matter of being lazy, it is more just a disinterest in everything... Waking up and thinking..."not another day. I dont want to do much of anything?" If so, what did you do to get out of the mood? Even hiring a cute boy and spending some time with him just sounds like nothing special-not worth the time, energy or money.. Just wondering.. Any thoughts guys??
-
Kevin Michael Barba, an 18-year-old gayby and newly minted royalty in New York’s gay social scene is looking for PR representation. He has millions of $$ at his disposal. . . http://www.queerty.com/who-does-kevin-michael-barba-think-he-is—kim-kardashian-20110801/ GO DIRECTLY to 9:05 in the video to meet the "want to be famous gay 18 year old socialite": Kevin Michael Barba
-
- 4 replies
- 788 views
-
-
Robert C. W. Ettinger, a Proponent of Life After (Deep-Frozen) Death, Is Dead at 92. Ettinger, a science fiction writer and physics instructor whose idea of freezing the dead for future reanimation repelled most scientists, inspired Woody Allen and Mike Myers to some of their best work and persuaded at least 105 game humans to pay $28,000 each to have their bodies preserved in liquid nitrogen at his Cryonics Institute in suburban Detroit, died on July 23 at his home in Clinton Township, Mich. He was 92. Now the good scientist is himself frozen at 371 degrees minus Fahrenheit and awaits the resurrection of his body at a time in the future when scientists have learned ho…