The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
A great video. People are so innovative. http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/tempest-milky-way-time-lapse-20110824/
-
Of all the inane, childish, idiotic, ridiculous comments we have heard from politicians of all persuasions, surely the recent one from Republican Presidential contender Michele Bachmann has to be up there near the top - http://www.thebostonchannel.com/r/29014087/detail.html "Divine Guidance?" My ass! If that's the case, then "God" has had it in for Asia for millennia. Typhoons, cyclones and earthquakes are a regular monthly occurrence in this part of the world. Do we blame "God" for them? No! Our worries are far more mundane. After Taiwan was lashed yesterday by the much stronger Typhoon Namnadol than Hurricane Irene, one of the stories in the Taipei Times was …
-
-
We've been watching True Blood for a couple of years now, and have enjoyed the heck out of it, but boy this season is NOT doing it for me. Don't get me wrong, the butt shots are as hot as ever, and I want to have alexander skarsgard's babies (Or at least I want him to repeatedly try to make me have his babies, however anatomically improbably that might be). But the plot has just gone round the bend dumb, and it has gotten way to romance novel. Anybody else a fan? Anybody else think this season is weak?
-
- 4 replies
- 873 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Just read that Chaz Bono will be on the next season of Dancing with the Stars...That is sure to get the conservative Republicans in a tizzy.
-
- 3 replies
- 741 views
-
-
I don't know how many people here are on FetLife - but for those of you who haven't heard of it, it's a site set up just like Facebook, but you can group your friends by fetish and set up fetish communities there. Every day they add new fetishes you can add to your profile. When I logged in the other day one of the available fetish options was "monogamy." Now, I didn't mind the week before when they made "Playing Piano For Nazis" a fetish, but monogamy is just gross.
-
- 0 replies
- 638 views
-
-
Looks like whoever does the daily scrabble game that gets syndicated in many American newspapers got a little creative this weekend. When you do the puzzle you find that the answer to the first jumble is "Leakage" and the answer to the second jumble is "Butt Sex."
-
- 0 replies
- 689 views
-
-
Was anyone else really turned off by Lady Ga Ga doing the entire video music awards in drag king mode and with the way she made fun of Britney Spears - who is mentally ill and probably shouldn't be treated like shit on live television? http://gawker.com/5835242/did-lady-gaga-jump-the-shark-at-the-vmas?popular=true
-
- 9 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anyone else watching this? The gay sex scenes are more explicit than anything I've ever seen on commercial television in America.
-
- 9 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A friend of mine recently sent an e-mail to me with the URL for an ad. The ad was from a guy in Alabama looking for a roommate. I'll post both the url and the full text so you can read it if they take it down again. SF bay area craigslist > san francisco > housing > room/share wanted please flag with care: [?] $1000 Best. Roommate. Ever. Date: 2011-08-18, 3:39PM PDT Konichiwa bitches. Are you looking for the most kick-ass fucking roommate that ever lived? If so, look no further. You fucking found him. I'm a 25-year-old professional marketing agent with experience at bad-ass companies in New York Fucking City. That's right! What you know about experience? I…
-
- 12 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So what happens is a senator from Puerto Rico had shirtless and other sexy pics up on Grindr. Of course it came out, but instead of denying it like most politicians would he just responded: "You know I've been losing weight. As I shed that weight, I've been taking pictures." http://gawker.com/5834878/republican-politician-caught-naked-bending-over-on-gay-sex-site
-
- 20 replies
- 2.4k views
-
-
An article in today's NY Times maintains that beautiful people have it so much better than the um, non-beautiful. "..., being attractive also helps you earn more money, find a higher-earning spouse (and one who looks better, too!) and get better deals on mortgages. Each of these facts has been demonstrated over the past 20 years by many economists and other researchers...Most of us, regardless of our professed attitudes, prefer as customers to buy from better-looking salespeople, as jurors to listen to better-looking attorneys, as voters to be led by better-looking politicians, as students to learn from better-looking professors. This is not a matter of evil employers’ r…
-
- 9 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I read somewhere that there are sites on the internet where men review the women they have hired for sex. I have never seen such a site, but it does support the idea that prostitution is the world's oldest profession. In every major city, and no doubt many small ones, men know where to go to fill their biological need for release. At the behest of churches, government makes some noise about stopping this. But often government is in on it, especially the very police who are being paid to stop it. I am just now getting to my issues of the NY Times Magazine, and the August 21st issue has a page on the "flickering red light" in Istanbul. "Since the 1870's, prostitution has …
-
- 0 replies
- 890 views
-
-
Ever since gay marriage passed in New York, I've heard my friends in the city bitch about two things. Either: 1. Now their moms are bugging them about when they are going to get married (something they never had to deal with before.) or 2. Now their boyfriends are bugging them about when they are going to get married. All of them sort of seem to feel like "Holy fucking shit, I just wanted blow jobs on a regular basis and now I have all of this pressure from my mom and my boy. Fuck my life." Anyone else encountered this or similar reactions?
-
- 3 replies
- 819 views
-
-
The cult series Absolutely Fabulous! which ruled the airwaves in many countries for more than 10 years is to return to screens in the UK next year with three 'specials' to celebrate the show's 20th anniversary. All the original cast will be back, including the two principals, Jennifer Saunders and the wonderful Joanna Lumley as her Stoly/Bolly drinking best-pal Patsy. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14700772
-
- 5 replies
- 888 views
- 1 follower
-
-
The cult series Absolutely Fabulous! which ruled the airwaves in many countries for more than 10 years is to return to screens in the UK next year with three 'specials' to celebrate the show's 20th anniversary. All the original cast will be back, including the two principals, Jennifer Saunders and the wonderful Joanna Lumley as her Stoly/Bolly drinking best-pal Patsy. Hopefully all three will soon find their way to Thailand. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14700772
-
Perth – Children in an Australia “Christian” school have been asked whether homosexuality is “the sickest sin” in a school assignment. The homework given to 14 and 15-year-olds at Armadale Christian College, also also points them to bible quotes describing homosexuality as an “abomination”, and describes “coming out of the closet” as “open sinning”. Inquiries by The Sunday Times have prompted Education Minister Liz Constable to order Department of Education Services staff to go to the school to ensure it was “satisfying registration requirements”. “(This is) to assess the lesson content being used by the school in relation to their Religion and Life syllabus,” Dr Const…
-
- 1 reply
- 869 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Gawker has a live webcam watching the hurricane as it hits New York. So far, looks like a lot of rain but the power is clearly still on. http://gawker.com/5834980/live-from-new-york-hurricane-irene
-
- 7 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Remember those boyhood days when August meant that school was right around the corner? If you were bored, that was good news. But August for me now means super hot weather. For 4 years we went to Rio to avoid the heat. This year we were scheduled to leave last Tuesday, but canceled due to the high Rio hotel prices. Good thing too since I went to the dentist on Tuesday and got the news that I needed $3000 in repairs. But that still leaves the heat. It was 116 Wednesday and 115 yesterday. I walked the dogs at 5 am and it was 93. And don' tell me "it's a dry heat" as August is our most humid month. 20% at 5 a.m. So I stay in during the day and read. Yesterday I was fortun…
-
They are all so cute. I need to get a job here. I love food too and I heard that they have a gourmet station around the clock. Anyways, I appreciate their effort to help others.
-
Any of you guys see this article on Tim Cook - the new Apple CEO. He's now the most powerful gay corporate executive in America. The article has a full profile of him. He sounds like gods gift to male escorts and a king sugardaddy! http://gawker.com/5834158/tim-cook-apples-new-ceo-and-the-most-powerful-gay-man-in-america
-
- 10 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Here’s a new one on me – decision fatigue. A description is best left to the New York Times which has a lengthy story in its last Magazine section, because I become fatigued just reading it!! It does, though, have quite momentous and serious implications. Here’s a longish excerpt from the 7-page internet article – http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/21/magazine/do-you-suffer-from-decision-fatigue.html?_r=1&hpw So which are you? Do you become reckless? Or do you just duck making decisions?
- 7 replies
- 1.9k views
-
I have a bird flying around in my house. How do you get rid of the without killing it? I need a man for this kind of work. Can anybody help me? I tried leaving the door open but only bugs came in and the bird is startled and hiding somewhere in the house.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
He is a man with such a huge vision. Obviously this decision is based on his health issues. So sad, but while he is still on the Board I'm sure Apple will continue to follow his footsteps.
-
- 18 replies
- 1.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
America's Top Suburbs for Retirees By William P. Barrett, Forbes.com August 26, 2011 It’s a perpetual question for the older set: Where to retire? A lot of people simply stay put where they’ve been for decades. Others move far away—-even abroad–for adventure or to save money. Another retirement option is a change to an inner-city neighborhood. But there’s a middle ground that might be appealing to those who have spent comfortable decades in the suburbs, those largely residential towns full of larger homes with back yards within reasonable commuting distance of the big city they generally ring and draw energy from. Consider relocating to another suburb, maybe …
-
- 0 replies
- 792 views
-