Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/08/26/Republican_Senator_Makes_Excuse_For_Explicit_Photo_on_Grindr/

    • 1 reply
    • 630 views
  2. Started by Lucky,

    The Edison Hotel for $297 a night? I once had a suite there for $125, but my mom had to barricade the door at night as the floor was full of strange characters. We moved to the Marriott Marquis for $159 a night. The Hilton Towers, where I have stayed for as little as $88 a night is now $391. The Hilton Garden Inn is $389, and that's supposed to be a Hilton Jr. Most 3 star hotels list around $300 a night. 2 Stars run about$225. I love New York, but like Rio, my visits there may become fewer.

  3. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    For anyone who likes Glee, there is a new reality show on the Oxygen channel called "the Glee Project". It basically is a casting call for new talent for Glee. They started with 12 individuals and each week one person is eliminated. The winner gets a 7 week guest spot on the next year's Glee. Don't worry. If you do not get the Oxygen Channel, you can watch the episodes on Hulu.... I just started them tonite. Hulu has 4 episodes with one more due in a day or so. I watched the first 2 episodes so far, and will watch the remaining episodes tomorrow. Great show if you are a Gleek...

  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    I was sitting down trying to balance ledgers today and one of the items that keep coming up on my credit card bills is Amazon.com. I cannot even tell you how many things I buy from that website in one year. I do not even live in the United States full-time and I still find Amazon.com is indispensable. A few years back when I took an apartment in New York City, I furnish the entire apartment from Amazon.com. Well, with the exception of a bed and a sofa. Everything else, and I do mean everything else was sent to me by Amazon.com. The UPS driver made daily deliveries that filled my living room with boxes from Amazon.com. During the holiday season, I find that I do most of …

  5. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Interesting image from space. Irene is pretty big.

    • 1 reply
    • 669 views
  6. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Article here: http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2011/08/indiana-state-gop-rep-busted-in.html Not surprised. These stories crack me up. They keep coming. . .

  7. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Zipperzone has been quiet for a while. I hope he is doing well. We miss you.

    • 1 reply
    • 669 views
  8. Started by TotallyOz,

    A great article in the NY Times today by Cornell West. I have always love reading his opinion and listening to him talk. Read this article if you have time. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/26/opinion/martin-luther-king-jr-would-want-a-revolution-not-a-memorial.htm "As the talk show host Tavis Smiley and I have said in our national tour against poverty, the recent budget deal is only the latest phase of a 30-year, top-down, one-sided war against the poor and working people in the name of a morally bankrupt policy of deregulating markets, lowering taxes and cutting spending for those already socially neglected and economically abandoned. Our two main political parties, e…

  9. Started by TampaYankee,

    Lenny Dykstra charged with indecent exposure in LA AP Associated Press LOS ANGELES (AP) Former New York Mets and Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Lenny Dykstra has been charged in Los Angeles for allegedly exposing himself to women he met on Craigslist. The city attorney's office said Thursday the 48-year-old former baseball star could face up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine for each indecent exposure count. Dykstra is accused of finding victims by placing online ads seeking personal assistants or housekeepers. He allegedly exposed himself to women who responded to the ads on several occasions between 2009 and 2011. County records show Dykstra has been jail…

    • 2 replies
    • 876 views
  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    I just saw this movie and thought it was adorable. It is about a feminine gay boy in the Philippians. It is the story of his love, his life, his family and his desires. It is really a very sweet movie. If you have not seen it, give it a try!

  11. MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) — Two dozen gunmen burst into a casino in northern Mexico on Thursday, doused it with a flammable liquid and started a fire that trapped gamblers inside, killing at least 32 people and injuring a dozen more, authorities said. The fire at the Casino Royale in Monterrey, a city that has seen a surge in violence this year, represented one of the deadliest attacks on an entertainment center in Mexico since President Felipe Calderon launched an offensive against drug cartels in late 2006. "This is a night of sadness for Mexico," said federal security spokesman Alejandro Poire in a televised address. "An unspeakable, repugnant, unacceptable act of terro…

  12. Guest JamesIvory
    Started by Guest JamesIvory,

    Do any of you guys use a pressure cooker on a regular or semi regular basis? If so I like to hear your experiences on ease of use, types of foods, benefits and any drawbacks. I ask because a close friend who is a nutritionist at a nearby medical center strongly has suggested I use one. She said the ease of use plus benefits will be good for me.

  13. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    James Franco's very hot brother Dave has put a very funny video on Funny or Die: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f211d50fbc/go-f-ck-yourself-with-dave-franco

    • 2 replies
    • 689 views
  14. I found a new blog to read every day(I have many of these )wich is by the owner of the Antebellum Gallery in Los Angeles. A lot of interesting post about the LA Queer scene and arts scene-just my cuppa! Hope you enjoy. http://antebellumgallery.blogspot.com/

    • 2 replies
    • 899 views
  15. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    There were some over zealous men who would tell their lovers that the would make a diamond ring out of the stars in the sky. They were not lying based on this news article! I should have been born in the future. How romantic it would if my lover went to a distant to get me a ring. lol http://news.yahoo.com/surprise-alien-planet-made-diamond-discovered-181402842.html

    • 1 reply
    • 636 views
  16. From their Facebook page "{Don't be sad for us...It's been a great ride} So, By now, Some of you have heard. We "The Spotlight" Will be calling our last call on Monday September 5th at 2am. We would like to thank all our friends and patrons who have become family to us over our 48 years in business. From the bottom of our hearts...We love you all dearly. Again, Don't be sad for us, It's been a wild and crazy ride and we loved every minute of it. Come down and raise your glass and toast to one of the longest running gay bar's in Tinsel Town/Los Angeles California...THE SPOTLIGHT! Stop by and say thanks for the memories to... Owner-Don Samuels, Manager-Forrest M…

  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    I have friends in Kuwait that have been trying to get me to visit them for many years. They have said not only is it very safe, but that the gay scene there is fantastic. I have not been able to find any empirical data that verifies this, but they say that all the men go out at night, and women are required to stay inside, and therefore the man fuck with each other. I have always been curious to see what the Middle East would be like. I've especially always wanted to visit Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. And since I was a child, Egypt has always been my dream country. I've never been to any of these places. I have had short layovers at airports in the Middle East but never exp…

  18. Do you ever wonder why so many are turned off by organized religion? Pat Robertson's latest rant on his TV show said that the East Coast Earthquake was because "there are men who get manicures, wear designer eyewear and know about thread counts. God finds this somewhat gay-like behavior confusing, and He responded by getting mildly peeved." Don't you think Pat's God should get pissed at him for being such a frigging bigot and send a tornado to his headquarters?

  19. Started by ihpguy,

    CBS is developing a Texas version of "Survivor," the popular TV show. Contestants must travel from Amarillo through Fort Worth, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and back to Amarillo, through San Marcos and Lubbock. Each will be driving a Volvo with a bumper sticker that reads: "I voted for Kerry, I'm gay, and I'm here to take your guns." The first contestant to complete the round trip is the winner.

    • 0 replies
    • 763 views
  20. Started by TampaYankee,

    America's Meanest Airlines By Hamooda Shami Simply put, flying can be a stressful activity. A lot of the time it begins with the airports: dizzying parking garages, overpriced food and a series of long lines have a way of making even the most serene travelers a little bit agitated. And that's even before the airplane leaves the ground. So it's easy to see how poor service from an airline can put the finishing touches on a ruined day -- long check-in lines, flight delays, lost luggage, baggage fees and general rudeness have a way of doing that. Not to mention the scary food (at least it used to be free scary food). Based on the Airline Quality Rating (AQR) Report, whic…

  21. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    Yes they did a duet for Tony's new album coming this Fall. It's actually really good. You can hear part of it here: http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/amywinehouse/view/30916/

  22. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Ouch! You go into hospital for a routine circumcision that your doctor has recommended, and you wake up to find, quite literally, there's nothing there!

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  23. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    I love this mix of this song. I can see a lot of two-stepping to this version in the gay clubs this Fall. You and I (Mark Taylor Remix) by Lady Gaga

    • 0 replies
    • 591 views
  24. I am reading/enjoying Justin Spring's book about Samuel Steward and am fascinated by his history. Pretty boy who was a sadist/Professor/friend to Gertrude Stein and her circle/left academia to become a tatoo artist/ and then wrote erotic stories under the pen name of Phil Andros http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/26/books/26secret.html Highly recommend this book. I bought a new copy on ABEbooks.com for $15 including shipping

  25. Started by Lucky,

    Yes, I know I said I wasn't going to start any new threads in the Pub for awhile. But that was to encourage others to do so. But wow, I have never seen the place so quiet. Not a single peep in the Pub today. Not good guys. When folks come* here they want to see some new stuff to read. If there is nothing, they may not hurry back. So don't make folks think the place is closed. Start a new thread! * meant in the traditional sense. No one really cums here!

    • 0 replies
    • 722 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.