The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
So Glee covers Friday song. I don't know why I like this song so much..
-
- 1 reply
- 572 views
-
-
On Tuesday one of our prolific posters will be leaving on that dream vacation he has scheduled to Brazil. He has shared his excitement with us as the day drew near, and I know he will share any tales. Due to the increased prices of hotels as the dollar drops and the real flies, he has chosen an apartment for this visit. I, among others, hope that goes well. Other questions have been raised about the quantity and quality of the sauna boys. With Rio's economy rising, perhaps less guys find sex work appealing. We'll soon know if that is true, as well as whether the higher sauna prices cause less fun. I know that you don't go that far to save money, so I hope lurkerspeaks …
-
- 9 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The newspaper which airbrushed out Hillary Clinton and another lady from the White House Ops room seems to have done it again. Here's their Statue of Liberty pic (Sorry, couldn't resist it!)
-
Is it true that Corbin Fisher and Sean cody's vids have some kind of beaconing codes that automatically signal there location if it is uploaded on a website? I found something interesting on the net and thought that might be the case but not sure. Well people are so creative these days. I just wonder if anybody heard or observed the same thing.
-
- 1 reply
- 702 views
-
-
Many times when a program updates, they sneak in a toolbar, such as yahoo. You have to uncheck the box to keep the toolbar from installing along with the update. Recently my free AVG antivirus started updating and I unclicked the box to add the AVG toolbar. I like the one I have. Well, they ignored my request and installed it anyway. So I went to toolbars and clicked restore default settings. That got rid of the AVG toolbar...until the next update, when it reappeared without notice to me. I prefer Google search, but they put their own search box more prominently. So, I completely uninstalled AVG, but the toolbar remains, even when I click restore default settings. What n…
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Man, I installed Firefox 4 this afternoon and have one piece of advice: Don't fucking do it! It's full of bugs, isn't compatible with a lot of add ons - like FUCKING NORTON ANTIVIRUS - and is less easy to use than the old version. Just a warning.
-
- 23 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A friend sent me this. I don't know what is wrong with my brain today, but I got them all correct, so it must be pretty easy. For what its worth, here it is. It's that time of year for us to take our annual senior citizen test. Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert. If you don't use it, you lose it! Some may think the test below is too easy but the ones with memory problems may have difficulty. Take the test presented here to determine if you're losing it or not. Scroll down slowly so you don't see the answers until you've made your answer. OK, relax, clear your mind and …
-
- 3 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
“World’s Tallest” means little to me. I have been up various buildings which at one time have been called the world’s tallest, and the best view I ever had was from the World Trade Center on my first visit to New York – largely because it was a gloriously clear and sunny morning. Earlier this week, though, I experienced staying in the world’s tallest hotel – the Ritz-Carlton in Hong Kong. This is several stars above my usual accommodation, but my client paid, and who I am to upset a client! The hotel lobby is on floor 103. My room was on floor 117 – the first time I have had a hotel room with 5 numbers! At a list price for the most basic room of somewhere over US…
-
Lots of hullabaloo lately about the novel, To Kill A Mockingbird, written by Truman Capote some 50 years ago as a present for his friend, Harper Lee, who never seemed to be able to put a novel together herself. But even without Capote's name on the title, the book went on to sell some 30 million copies, and now the jubilee year is coming up. Harper Lee, however, could not care less. "After all," she said, "everyone knows that Truman really wrote the novel. I've been trying for the 50 years since and haven't even got two pages out!" Truman did, in fact, once claim that he "helped" write the book. Since Lee won't talk, even after 50 years, we seem left, along with that st…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A very long but beautiful story. http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/arizonaliving/articles/2011/05/01/20110501gay-dads.html click here to see the photos: http://www.azcentral.com/photo/News/Other/18759#phototop
-
- 1 reply
- 624 views
- 1 follower
-
-
For the last 4 months, the Palm Springs area has been in what they call "High Season." Snowbirds from all over get tired of that cold, so they head here to warm up. The upside for the residents is that their tax money helps a lot, and also more things are available for entertainment since the potential audience has grown. But then there is the traffic and the lack of parking spaces near to the store. It seems every snowbird has a handicapped sticker, so the locals have to fight for the spots. Snowbirds tend to drive too slow, sometimes way too slow, and they make strange lane changes, usually moving suddenly over to the fast lane so that they can drive really slowly. T…
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
As some friends predicted, it wasn't too long before I returned to the Land of Smiles. I just couldn't stay away. There are many reasons for this but I had the intent of staying in Rio or Sao Paulo for a bit but finding a decent place down there for long term is hard to do especially if you don't have someone on the ground. Finding a place in Thailand is so simple and easy as there are so many serviced apartments in Thailand that finding a place is as simple as looking on the Internet. Bangkok has so many wonderful long stay places and the rates are fantastic. I fully intent to go to Brazil at the end of the year for a long stay but I spent a few months looking for…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
New York Rangers forward Sean Avery has given his support to the New Yorkers for Marriage Equality campaign with a 30-second video. Avery is said to be the first New York athlete to vocally support same-sex marriage. The news was first reported by the New York Times. In the Human Rights Campaign video, Avery, wearing a white shirt and glasses, says: "I'm Sean Avery and I'm a New Yorker for marriage equality. I treat everyone the way I expect to be treated and that applies to marriage." After showing two shots of him in his Rangers gear -- with the statements "New Yorkers support full marriage equality" and "Do you?" appearing across the screen -- Avery finishes the cl…
-
- 0 replies
- 586 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
The Scottish National Party pulled off a surprising win this week taking over the majority of Parliament - the first time any party in Scotland has done so. Since they are the one party that has consistently said that if elected they would legalize gay marriage, this is a huge win.
-
- 2 replies
- 830 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Read the article and then what do you think? Do you think that this is acceptable? Are the private lives of teachers important to their profession? Article: A state appeals court has upheld the dismissal of a San Diego schoolteacher who was fired for posting a sexually explicit ad and photos in the "men seeking men" section of Craigslist. Frank Lampedusa's firing had been overruled by a state commission that said the ad was unrelated to his ability to teach middle-school students. But the appeals court disagreed, saying Lampedusa's conduct showed he was unfit to teach and "serve as a role model" for his students. A teacher's private life can constitute grounds for d…
-
- 11 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
With the publication in a few months time of Levi Johnston
-
Brazil's supreme court ruled in favor of granting civil unions to gay and lesbian couples Thursday after two days of proceedings over the case. Minister Luis Fux, who was the first to submit his vote, said he believes that because homosexuality is not a crime, it should not prevent gay people from forming families. While the court decided not to legalize marriage, some ministers involved said it would be the next step in Brazil. For full story: http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News/2011/05/05/Brazil_Considers_Civil_Unions/
-
- 3 replies
- 761 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Another cute Japanese footballer caught the eye, as Manchester United's reserves demolished Schalke 4-1 in the Champions League semi-final. Having searched google images, it looks like he never takes his shirt off.... So this will have to do.
-
Using a title which is partly misleading and definitely incomplete - Sex and coffee 'trigger stroke' - the BBC’s website today highlights yet another research study claiming new evidence of factors which increase our likelihood of having a stroke. In essence, if you are a coffee drinking, nose blowing, sex-loving, vigorous exerciser who strains when defecating, drinks cola, gets easily startled and is angry from time to time, sorry guys – this research says you are more at risk of a stroke! Which surely is pretty obvious, in my book! Isn't any activity which increases blood pressure for even a short burst of time likely to increase such risk? And isn’t life r…
-
I have often thought about using one of those password manager sites where I can access all my passwords by clicking on to one link. Now - no chance! The latest password/personal details glitch - or even hacking - has hit LastPass, one of these very passport storage sites. http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9216455/LastPass_alerts_users_about_potential_master_password_breach What I fail to understand is that the company was clearly aware of "brute-forcing", yet it seems to have accepted users with passwords which could be compromised by such actions.
-
If it was one of the administrators who deleted my post this morning without any notification then please let me know your reasons. I will not contest it but you should at least let me know why you have done it. Thanks.
-
CNN and NYTimes is reporting that Bin Laden is dead!
-
- 22 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Scientists now believe it's possible to go through semen withdrawal. Does this mean we can get a prescription for an escort on our health care plan? http://gawker.com/#!5798828/semen-natures-anti+depressant
-
- 1 reply
- 703 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I clicked on the link provided by Bibottom boy in his latest post about Victoria Beckham's hat. I found there a much more interesting article with several pictures of Kate Middleton's brother showing has ass, as well as a complete nude (not frontal). Evidently he is called "The Chocolate Princess" :question: The Royal Family must be apoplectic about this little gem.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-