Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. Started by TotallyOz,

    Great morphing video of Van Gogh's self portraits. Very nicely done and worth watching.

  2. Started by TotallyOz,

    The new Mac App store is great and I visit it daily to see if something new is out that I want to buy for my computer. There is a new program called Arrivals and Departures that I love. It shows you up to date information on most airports in the world. When you go to any airport, you check the tv screens for the arrivals and departures. This program pulls all that information into one place and you can easily see everything you need to see. It was nice for me as I have a trip planned to Porto Alegre, Brazil and I wanted to see which other cities the airport flew out of every day. It took less than 1 second to pull up all the information I needed. I love this progra…

  3. Guest lurkerspeaks
    Started by Guest lurkerspeaks,

    Thought I would post about letting others know where you are traveling..It was several years ago that I first starting traveling to Montreal, thanks to posters at the old Hooboy's site. I had read for quite awhile about the exciting times that visitors were having in Montreal, so I decided to go see what it was all about. I posted my travel plans, and that first trip, I met both firecat and jaynnj....As I planned future return visits, I was lucky enough to meet many other posters. We shared meals, drinks, even a dancer or two.. Excuse me if I forget anyone, but my travels have enabled me to meet Newatthis, townsendplocke, eeyore, lucky, oliver, tomcal, bozo da clown, sh…

  4. I recommend the Stonewall Uprising documentary showing on "American Experience" this week. The show focuses as much on the social and cultural context Stonewall occurred in as it does the events of that weekend itself. Fair warning: some of the stuff it documents is depressing as hell. For anyone whose local station has already broadcast the program, here is a link to watch it online: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/stonewall/player/

    • 1 reply
    • 688 views
  5. Read this article and the IMF has set 2016 as the year when the Chinese will overtake America as the worlds largest economy. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/imf-bombshell-age-of-america-about-to-end-2011-04-25

  6. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    New York State is going to allow conjugal visits for gay inmates. Start your fantasies now! http://gawker.com/#!5795213/new-york-allows-same+sex-conjugal-visits

    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  7. Started by Lucky,

    From kennethinthe212.com:

    • 0 replies
    • 718 views
  8. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Lil B is a fairly successful rap star. One of this motifs is saying things that are obviously not true for ironic purposes. For example he has a song called "I'm Miley Cyrus" and another called "I'm Wonton Soup" and another called "I'm God." So, he thought it would be fun to title his new album "I'm Gay" and then have the title track be about how happy he is. "I'm a gay straight man" is how he describes it. Well, this has not gone over well in the rap community where he now routinely gets death threats along the lines of "I'm going to kill you faggot." America - where they need to start teaching irony, if not evolution, in the public school system. http://jezeb…

  9. Guest zipperzone
    Started by Guest zipperzone,

    There was a report on the evening news tonight that Internet Service Providers, in Canada, are going to start billing according to your usage instead of the current system of flat rate billing. When I checked my mail today there was a bill from my IPS (Shaw Cable) for $26.88 described as "Charges since your previous invoice". My previous invoice was for the period Mar 15 - Jun 14, which I promptly paid in March. So I can only assume they have started to charge under the new system and this invoice is for Mar 15 - Apr 15 overage. Should i find this to be the case I will be DRASTICALLY cutting back on my internet usage. It's not that I can't afford it but on principle alo…

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    Hope you are all fucking like bunnies!

  11. http://blog.hunch.com/?p=45344

  12. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Interesting little news tidbit. Ever wonder why the CD is 12 cms in diameter (why not 10 or 15?) and can play up to 75 minutes of music? Well, the executive at Sony in charge of development of the CD format was passionately interested in classical music. His instruction to his engineers was a disc which would be large enough to play the entire Beethoven 9th Symphony. Up till then, the work had to be spread over 3 sides of the old LP format. I mention this because that executive, Norio Ohga, who went on to succeed the founder, Akio Morita, as Chairman of Sony, died yesterday.

    • 6 replies
    • 2.1k views
  13. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    A bill that would make it against the law for teachers to mention homosexuality or bisexuality to their students is gaining ground in Tennessee. Because, you know admitting that we exist would harm children in some way. http://jezebel.com/#!5794667/dont-say-gay-bill-makes-progress-in-tennessee

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  14. Guest hitoallusa
    Started by Guest hitoallusa,

    Happy Birthday and many more years to come.

  15. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    A professor Northern Kentucky University has pretty much proved that Sarah Palin is Trig's grandmother and not her mother. http://jezebel.com/#!5792006/did-sarah-palin-carry-out-the-biggest-hoax-in-american-political-history

    • 36 replies
    • 3.9k views
  16. Guest twinklover
    Started by Guest twinklover,

    Let me begin with this, we saw "A Single Man" and we were quite captivated by Colin Firth, Tom Ford and then we moved to Christopher and His Kind and we're trying to track down Chris & Don: A Love Story. I feel like a rube for ignoring these titles. Second, I met with AJ Irons tonight. It was a "real connection", except unlike the "A Single Man" movie, this real connection was consummated. I'll post more on the review and Deli boards. Yes, he gets better, more defined, bigger load, increasingly sexual, over time. This is one time the "community" has helped make a star even brighter, unless he did this all, despite the "community." My third random thought goes out to…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
  17. I really enjoyed reading this article and wanted to share with you. http://www.jewishexponent.com/article/23362/A_Revealing_Window/

  18. Started by BiBottomBoy,

    According to a gay travel blogger, Iran has the most aggressive gay cruising scene he's ever seen in the entire world. http://www.paulstravelblog.com/2008/06/gay-life-in-iran.html

  19. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Sir Richard Branson, boss of Virgin Atlantic Airlines and its offshoots in Australia and the USA, may be one of the world’s most admired businessmen. And let's give him his due - he really does make running a business look fun. He oversees his many companies from his private island in the Caribbean without even a formal office. Most times he needs to see his staff, he flies them in. Lucky staff! In addition, he seems to have ‘done it all’ from circling the world in a hot air balloon, to pioneering commercial space flights and preparing to dive further into the oceans than any man has gone before. But the guy does like to make bets from time to time. As reported by…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  20. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    Unless you have been nursing a monstrous hangover, you will know that this is Royal Wedding week. Lost your invitation? Pining because one never actually arrived? Worry not, for you can see the special Wedding full dress rehearsal thanks to one of the UK telecoms companies which filmed a sneak preview. Have a go at spotting the royals. (I could have sworn that really is Camilla!) For those numbed by the entire event, there's still time to order your special William and Kate pill box to keep your valiums. Pop a few on the day and sleep blissfully through the entire affair!

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  21. My NYC LTB was from the Philippians. He has a lot of baggage. I read this article and now I understand more. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/filipinos-lent-self-flagellation_n_852030.html#s267800 Also: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/22/crucifixion-rite-jesus-christ-suffering

  22. Guest EXPAT
    Started by Guest EXPAT,

    He's still such a cutie (Jordan Knight in his new music video for "Let's Go Higher")

    • 0 replies
    • 512 views
  23. Started by Lucky,

    In its 11th season, the American Idol show came to an abrupt end Thursday night. Contestant Stefano Langone, shown here: ...suddenly dropped his trousers as he was on center stage, at first showing a delectable bubble butt, then suddenly turning to reveal a strong erection. The crowd went wild, Ryan Seacrest fainted, and the stomping, cheering crowd called for Stefano to be named season winner by acclamation. It was an Idol first as last season's runner-up, Adam Lambert, rushed onstage and deep-throated Langone without once gagging. By this time, Seacrest had revived, but upon seeing the oral copulation promptly fainted again. Idol judge Randy Jackson said that the da…

  24. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    I wonder how many read this opinion piece in yesterday’s Bangkok Post? It looks at the rise of the superbug, new strains of bugs which have been developing resistance to antibiotics, those “wonder drugs of modern medicine.” It’s not a new topic, but it is of particular interest to the gay community because of the possibility – perhaps some might say, the fact – that the HIV virus will develop resistance to the drugs currently effective in quite literally keeping millions of people alive. http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/230739/superbugs-tip-of-the-drug-resistance-iceberg This should, I reckon, be of particular interest here in Thailand. My own experien…

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  25. Started by Lucky,

    I saw the last production of Larry Kramer's The Normal Heart, an early groundbreaking AIDS play, at the Public Theater. Now it is moving to Broadway, where it is in previews prior to an April 27th opening. In my opinion, every gay man that can should make it to see this play. It speaks of what our community suffered and continues to suffer. Playgoers receive this letter from Kramer after each performance: A letter from Larry Kramer PLEASE KNOW Thank you for coming to see our play. Please know that everything in The Normal Heart happened. These were and are real people who lived and spoke and died, and are presented here as best I could. Several more have died since, i…

    • 1 reply
    • 845 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.