The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Big Love, the Mormon polygamy TV show seems to have really gone out with a bang. The last episode was simply amazing. A great end to one of my favorite shows.
-
- 3 replies
- 784 views
- 1 follower
-
-
More than 80 countries have signed a UN gay rights resolution to end homophobic violence and laws against gay sex. The resolution was presented at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva today. It calls on states to “take steps to end acts of violence, criminal sanctions and related human rights violations committed against individuals because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.” US secretary of state Hillary Clinton and the Obama administration released statements praising the resolution and calling on the UN to do more to tackle homophobia around the world. Ms Clinton said: “Today, 85 countries from every region of the world joined together in a historic m…
-
- 6 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
For some time now, the last 3 MER forums, on Health, Comments, and the Sandbox, all end with posts from Lucky. Could you all rectify this situation by adding a comment of your own? We don't want outsiders to think that Lucky gets the last word here, do we?
-
- 8 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
Researchers have discovered a way to make heterosexual mice turn gay. Now if they could just put this into a pill format that I could use on every cute straight guy who keeps bitching about how his girlfriend won't suck his cock or do anal... http://gawker.com/#!5785199/scientists-turn-mice-gay-by-depriving-them-of-serotonin
-
- 0 replies
- 627 views
-
-
Apple appears to have pulled an iPhone and iPad app promising "freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus" after coming under fire from gay rights activists. More than 146,000 people signed a petition calling on Apple to remove the so-called "gay cure" app backed by Exodus International, a Christian group that describes itself as "the world's largest worldwide ministry to those struggling with unwanted same-sex attraction". According to the Florida-based group, homosexuality is "a multicausal, developmental issue and that any individual can experience freedom through the support of caring individuals and the healing power of Jesus Christ". The app aims to giv…
-
- 8 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
We have come to that time when it's necessary to make more definite plans for the festivities. Specifics will not be posted here, in order to preserve confidentiality. Therefore, if you are serious about attending this year's events, please send me an e-mail (not a private message) with your return e-mail address so that I may send you the pertinent information as it unfolds. Your confidential information will be respected, as I expect mine to be. Tickets to The Follies will be the first order of business, followed later by dinner reservations, and, finally, RSVP's for the pool event at my condo. Attendance is restricted to escorts and regular posters. There has bee…
-
- 23 replies
- 3.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
- 7 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
10 Things Hotels Won't Tell You By Jim Rendon Provided by: 1. "In tough times we have to discountcreatively." For the hotel industry, 2009 was the worst year since the Great Depression, and last year was only slightly better. At its low, the average daily room rate was $97, down from $107 in 2008, and occupancy rates fell below 55 percent. "This recession has been so traumatic across the board for all types of hotels," says Robert Mandelbaum, research director at Colliers PKF Hospitality Research. In turn, hotels have slashed staff and cut corners. Michael Aschoff, a retired compliance officer from Tampa, Fla., stays in hotels 30 to 50 nights a year and has noticed …
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Anyone have any guesses on this Page Six Blind Item? "Which politician trolls for encounters on Grindr, a social networking site that connects gay men to other gay men? The lawmaker isn't even discreet -- he uses a profile photo of himself at the gym in a tank, showing off his torso." Please, please be Obama or Rahm Emmanuel. http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/just_asking_D7ux4KpGb0EGsrKPCACvbM#ixzz1HQz7aUtv
-
- 0 replies
- 689 views
-
-
I have vouchers, or coupons from both Delta and United. The Delta vouchers, $100 and $50, were given to compensate significant problems I endured with one of their flights. The United coupon came as a bonus for signing up for their credit card. Guess what? All of the coupons are virtually worthless, which is to say, they don't apply on any of the flights I tried them out on. Sure, if you want to fly to Podunk at 2 am, you might be able to use one. And that's it. So, when the airline is offering you that voucher for giving up your seat, read the fine print, twice!
-
- 9 replies
- 1.4k views
-
-
It sounds like it was a fun time. Oliver put together an awesome event ... while clients and escorts met some for the very first time. Wish I had the opportunity to be there but I was asked not to attend. Anyway I wanted to begin the 4th PS thread but was beat to it so here is thread number 5. Anybody else enjoy their weekend even though we were not there? Mine was so so
-
- 1 reply
- 707 views
-
-
One of the best voices in dance music died late yesterday at 64 after a short illness.
-
I am in shock as I look at airfares for different travel times this spring and summer. Last year I flew to New York for as low as $230, but this year that is peanuts. Flights are $400 and up, sometimes more than $700. San Francisco is no longer a cheap destination for me either. Luckily I got two seats to Rio later this summer using frequent flier miles- 40,000 each. Consider that I used 120,000 miles to go to Thailand in coach, and 32,500 to go to Vancouver. Delta long ago stopped offering frequent flier tickets at the "saver" level. But United was great for finding a seat at 25,000 miles until just recently, when they went to 50,000 miles for just about any ticket. S…
-
- 14 replies
- 2.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Recently I talked my roommate into joining this forum. He posted a question about the owner of another forum. Scooby (whoever that is) closed the thread and threatened the poster. While I am a bit defensive of my friend, I think this over-reaction is in poor taste and should have been handled differently. Is there a list of do(s) and don't(s) about posting on this forum?
-
Here are the results of this year's Hokkies awards! http://blog.rentboy.com/ The party sounds like it was a lot of fun-wish I could have been there!
-
- 7 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I met Lucky in Thailand a few months back and he talked me into coming to the Palm Springs weekend. I am so glad I did. It was a great 2 days and I had a lot of fun and will be back again in the future. Oliver was a great host for the pool party and he and Lucky picked a great restaurant for the dinner before the follies. I enjoyed meeting up with some friends I had met before as well as some I have heard about but never met. The posters from this site and Daddy's site are a real class act. It seemed there was no drama at all at the event and everything seem to go really smooth. It is also nice to meet some sexy escorts. Jason Carter was the co-host of the pool p…
-
- 3 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Pennsylvania senior Murray Seidman, stoned to death by John Joe Thomas, 28, for gay advances: cops Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national /2011/03/19/2011-03-19_pennsylvania_senior_murray_seidman_stoned_to_death_by_john_joe_thomas_28_for_gay.html#ixzz1H9OVrBXL A 28-year-old Pennsylvania man has been charged with murder after telling police he stoned to death a 70-year-old man after the senior citizen allegedly made unwanted sexual advances toward him, authorities said Friday. John Joe Thomas of Upper Darby told police he beat Murray Seidman using a sock that was stuffed with rocks because he read in the Old Testament that homosexuals should be stoned to de…
-
Well, I had to read about it on another website, but I did learn that today is CharliePS' birthday. I guess I should have known since he told me just yesterday, but being now in the senior moment section of life, I need reminders! So happy birthday, Charlie. I hope it is a great one and that you will be given many well-wishes.
-
- 7 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
Aaron Tobey, a student protesting...oh, who cares what he is protesting! Here's his picture: But, if you really care what he has to say, and I do, of course, here it is: Aaron's Message And more of Aaron: Not every news organization would show his message, so they settled for his mug shot: (In case you didn't read the article, he stripped in protest last December. After 90 minutes in custody, he was released. He is now suing for $250,000 for the violation of his rights. He did make his flight that day.)
-
- 8 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRvPrP8axs8
-
- 1 reply
- 842 views
-
-
20 year old Anton Hysen, a star in Sweden's soccer world, announced that he is gay: Hysen: I'm Gay He is the son of a former football star. Swedish soccer is no more liberal than any other country, so this is a bold move. Anton Hysén, 20: Jag är homosexuell Futbolista sueco Anton Hysen se declara gay Fotbollsspelaren Anton Hysén kommer ut Coming-out: Le footballeur suédois Anton Hysén sort du placard And with his father:
-
- 4 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Ok, here's the deal. I answered an ad from backpage for a 4 handed massage here in Phoenix. We agreed upon a price of $160 for an hour's erotic massage. During the massage, they kept a commentary of how many minutes were left. After a satisfactory massage, I got dressed and paid. They repeated asked if I enjoyed it and if I would be calling them for another session. As soon as I exited their apartment, I checked my phone and saw that exactly 45 minutes had passed since I arrived. I knocked on the door and pointed out the time, and was basically told "too bad"..no apology and no offer of a partial refund. Then when I came home and emailed them expressing my unhappiness, th…
-
Stain-busters that really work by Real Simple Magazine, on Mon Feb 7, 2011 7:02am PST At home or on the go, these products will help you get the spot out. Bleach Pen Problem: There's a spot on your white shirt, but you don't want to douse it with bleach and risk damaging the garment. Solution: The new Clorox Bleach Pen lets you pinpoint stains with a fine-point applicator. (Bonus: It works on mildewed tile, too.) To buy: $3, at supermarkets, Costco, Target, and Wal-Mart. See More: Problem-Solving Laundry Products at link below. Stain Eliminator Problem: Fruitless attempts at stain removal make your garments pucker. Solution: Tide Buzz, created by Tide and …
-
- 0 replies
- 951 views
-
-
Looks like Kurt and Blaine are getting together after all. They had their first kiss and finally "became a couple".. Who knows, maybe Kurt will even loose his virginity before the season is over.
-
- 6 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-