The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Hello I'm greatness from the other site. I have known this site for a long time but I haven't posted a lot here. My eyes are very sensitive to strong colors (red and yellow) so my eyes get tired very easily here. I left the other site due to a personal reason and don't plan to return. I'm not sure whether I will post a lot here since I am pretty busy these days but want to say hi to everyone formally.
-
- 51 replies
- 7.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Happy birthday Totall Oz. I hope you had a wonderful day. Wish you many more happy years to come.
-
- 12 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This never seems to make sense to me as most the guys I've been with put these numbers to shame, but then again I don't pull out a tape measure
-
The New York Times pay wall just went up this morning and already Lifehacker has figured out how to beat it. http://lifehacker.com/#!5786272/how-to-get-past-the-new-york-times-20+article-paywall
-
Two strong earthquakes struck northeastern Myanmar less than a minute apart Thursday night. They could be felt as far away as Bangkok, but a tsunami was not generated. The first 7.0-magnitude quake was just six miles (10 kilometers) deep, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. It was followed by another of the same strength but far deeper: 140 miles (230 kilometers). The quakes struck along Myanmar's borders with Thailand and Laos, about 70 miles (110 kilometers) from the northern Thai city of Chiang Rai. Buildings swayed in Bangkok, 500 miles (800 kilometers) south of the epicenter. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center says it was located too…
-
I'm totally fascinated by Cuba and look forward to visiting. Now that it will soon be even easier to travel to Cuba I'm curious does anyone have plans on going? Have any of you guys been there? If so can you give us some insight?
-
- 9 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I posted 23 pictures of a gay Canadian artist and not a single one was attached to the post. I tried a second post - no different. I feel like I just wasted a fucking hour and i'm pissed - and not as in drunk :frantics: :frantics:
-
These two songs on Glee really hit my heart and it's amazing. "Getting It Right" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5J5U2CXJ3o "Losers Like Me" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpLWuoRPVvg
-
Please avoid shopping at Target. In the past they have said they would avoid supporting anti-Gay persons or institutions but they have not done this. Most political contributions they make are to anti-Gay politicians or causes. See this latest report: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/08/l...t_n_833209.html
-
- 21 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Paul is a gay Canadian artist who specializes in painting homo-erotic paintings of men (erotic but not porn - you could hang them in your living room). He is currently represented exclusively by The Lyman-Eyer Gallery in Provincetown who have many reproductions for sale. I suspect the originals may be out of the average guy's price range. His painting are so realistic you could mistake them for photographs. I find many of them very lonely. He gravitates towards beach and water scenes, always with good-looking men as the focus. Check him out at paulwalkerartist.com I think you may be pleasantly surprised. I a attaching a few representative samples. Well it started as …
-
Remembering Elizabeth Taylor... I was once lucky enough to have met her in London and she was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen... those eyes were incandescent. Some words to celebrate life on http://out-in-thailand.com/facebook RIP Liz.
-
I didn't recognize him at first. I later realized that he is one of Jonas brothers. I think he has a great potential. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYToP5ZfydE
-
- 5 replies
- 980 views
-
-
This seems to be the night for it. Ricky Martin, Elizabeth Taylor, Nick Jonas and now....... are you ready for this? I quote form "Gay Themed Movies @ Stirigay.Ro. MICHAEL DOUGLAS WILL KISS MATT DAMON IN THE NEW LIBERACE MOVIE March 25, 2011 Steve Soderbergh will direct the new movie about the life of controversial musician Liberace, played by Michael Douglas. Matt Damon will also play in the movie as Scott Thorson, Liberace's younger lover. The two famous actors will have to kiss a lot during the shootings according to Matt Damon who said to E!Online that the script has a lot of kissing scenes. Liberace never recognized that he was gay but in 1992 Scott Thorson sue…
-
- 1 reply
- 597 views
-
-
One of the truly greatest ladies in theater died today. She was 79. Rest in Peace Elizabeth. You will be missed!
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Speaking of Marriott-and Marriott Rewards membership! http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/post/2011/03/marriott-reward-ex-journalist-ran-prostitution-ring-collected-loyalty-points/148907/1?csp=Travel#uslPageReturn
-
- 3 replies
- 908 views
- 1 follower
-
-
This is not a review. This a tribute to a true gentleman who also happens to be an extraordinary escort. For the last three years I have had the privilege of having him has my companion for the Palm Springs Weekend. I have referred to him as my "Erotic Technical Consultant", but he is so much more. He has been my helpmate, my "right arm", my co-host, my comfort, as well as a truly passionate lover. Others have described him as "sweet". He is that along with his other attributes, both physical and mental. When I first met him four years ago, I was floored by his appearance a true man, not a twink as his pictures then portrayed him. Since then I have come to know h…
-
- 5 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A massive earthquake hit Japan about 400 kms north of Tokyo today at 12:56 Thailand time, triggering a tsunami that saw a wall of water approx. 10m high wash away cars, boats and houses. Seismologists say it is one of the largest 'quakes' to hit Japan for many years. It was followed by a series of powerful aftershocks. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12709598 This is the latest in a number of quite major earthquakes to hit Japan this week, the last being a 7.3 magnitude 'quake' 2 days ago. I wonder if these are a precursor of 'the big one' that seismologists have been predicting for some decades. Three tectonic plates intersect just south of Tokyo. Th…
-
It appears the 2010 US Census is now complete. Looks like there will be a shift of several congressional seats from Northern Democratic areas to Southern Republican areas. Texas picks up 4 seats, NY loses 2, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio and others also took hits. Here is an easy interactive link, if your interested, to USA Today's overview of the census and by clicking on any state you can see that states numbers. Also after clicking on a state you click a bar at the bottom of that state's Demographics for a detail on Congressional gains, loses, and a breakdown by any county or city in that state. I've always enjoyed stats, don't know why, so I've looked at several states D…
-
- 3 replies
- 958 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Los Angeles has apparently become the hand job hut capital of America. Apparently the city stopped using manpower to determine if massage parlor people were certified or not. The result is best described in this LA Times article. "If you sit on our patio, you can see about 30 to 40 men coming in and out of there," Martinez said. "They stay for 15 to 20 minutes. I've never seen one woman walk in." Once, he said, he saw a man run out of one of the parlors barefoot, wearing no pants." http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-massage-parlors-20110323,0,4320974,full.story
-
- 6 replies
- 1.6k views
- 1 follower
-
-
There is a guy using a ham radio to listen to the transmissions the fighters and bombers over Libya are making. He's discovered that many of the planes are using call signs such as SHEEN 54 and CYLON 27. Good to know the air force has a sense of humor. http://gawker.com/#!5785468/air-force-names-its-death-machines-after-charlie-sheen-and-battlestar-galactica
-
- 0 replies
- 766 views
-
-
Dick sizes broken down by country. Canada beat USA!! http://www.news.com.au/national/which-men-have-the-biggest-penises/story-e6frfkvr-1226027249125
-
- 12 replies
- 1.7k views
-
-
The latest ailment to hit the world as a result of technological advance is being termed "Blackberry Thumb". http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/blackberry/8403978/Blackberry-thumb-is-new-health-hazard.html I have not succumbed to Blackberry mania yet - but am being pressed by one of my clients to become more "email available", alas!
-
I have never posted in this forum, although, I have been listed on here for some time, not quite a year. I just wanted to express my thanks to Oz for this site and what he does in the open and behind the scenes, which I am sure it keeps him up late nights at times. I just had the privledge of meeting Oz in Palm Springs at the annual escort convention. I did not have a chance to sit and talk for very long, but Oz, you left quite an impression on me in our brief chat. ( I was passing to head to the bathroom) when he stopped me (Dane) to inquire my name, when he realized I was posted on his site. We chatted over my military experience and Medicine (my first love) for a few …
-
- 41 replies
- 4.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
A few years back I was a Platinum member in Marriott's Reward Program. One of the perks was if a hotel had been booked and you wanted a room you could override someone else who had a reservation. About the same time frame when I had moved from Texas to Florida I ran into this situation. I had been driving about 12 hours was extremely tired and found a Holiday Inn Express and Courtyard off the freeway. The Courtyard was fully booked so I called over to the Holiday Inn Express which was also booked. I asked the guy at the Courtyard desk if I had an options at all. He asked if I had a Rewards Card ... I gave him the number and he noticed my status. He explained the bump a…
-
- 8 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Domain '.xxx' Approved for Web Porn Sites AP SAN FRANCISCO -- You've heard of ".com" and ".org." Joining them soon will be their bawdy cousin: ".xxx." On Friday, the board of directors of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, which oversees the Internet's naming system, approved the creation of a red-light district online for pornographic websites. It follows a decade-long battle over such a name. The board of directors of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers approved the domain ".xxx" for pornographic websites. Religious groups argue that giving adult websites their own corner of the Internet legitimizes the content. Pornogra…
-
- 26 replies
- 3.7k views
- 1 follower
-