Smiles

Where are the Moderators? (Part 2)

I am unable to see your rationale.  I assume the deleted post must have been from you.  

But the thread was started by z909 and he was the one keeping it alive with the same complaints that he regularly makes every few months .  So stopping the incessant complaints of one member who is not happy with the moderation  would seem to be the opposite of what you are implying.

But that's just me.

I do not see anyone kissing anyone's ass on here. But, I did see a long term poster have a problem and the moderators took action.  That said, Z is the 3rd most prolific poster on this board. Even if I disagree with his rationale, he deserves a bit more deference than others.  He is loyal and a former moderator. When I ran the board, he was invaluable.  When you add these things up, you can't call it kissing someone's ass. But, Smiles has his head so far up his own ass, he can't tell his ass from a hole in the ground. ;)

head_up_your_ass.jpg

. . . well now we know. Kissing z909's ass.

But do carry on ...

I hesitate to post here, as Scooby locked the original post so I don't think the topic should be continued.

However, my ass has not been kissed.   The post which I believe breaks the board rules has not been deleted.

The key in your post is where you say " I believe"

Evidently Scooby does not agree enough to remove the post and to be honest I agree with what Vinapu posted . I can see nothing in the post that pointed to any particular member and in fact everything is probably true in general .

In no way did I see that as an attack on a particular member or members in General.

I can see where someone could elect to take it that way on first reading but many might change how they feel after a few days and read it again.

I do agree that since he asked for help and received it he should have been more gracious in his reply and ended with how much vacation he gets as to why some suggestions do not work for him.

However I would think there would need to be a general outcry from many members before Scooby would think about  banning a member.

That outcry certainly did not happen and it is time to let the story die!

Guest FatRichard

But, Smiles has his head so far up his own ass, he can't tell his ass from a hole in the ground. ;)

More like he has so many handles, he sometimes forgets which is which.  Sawatdee Network is run by trolls and sock puppets created, aided and abetted by Smiles, Brad the Impala and any owner-moderator who plays ball like Surfcrest. If the owner-moderator doesn't play ball, then he and his website are run into the ground until a new owner-moderator who is willing to play ball is found.  It's amazing how some people still haven't caught on that kommentariat, homintern, the Colonel,  latintopxxx, beachlover, cdnmatt, etc. are characters flowing from the same pen.  Sometimes these characters agree with one another, other times they hate each other - the point is to create havoc, not necessarily to rally support for a certain point of view.  The puppet master gets his thrills when you bite and respond to his posts.  The best way to stop them is to IGNORE.

I do not see anyone kissing anyone's ass on here. But, I did see a long term poster have a problem and the moderators took action.  That said, Z is the 3rd most prolific poster on this board. Even if I disagree with his rationale, he deserves a bit more deference than others.  He is loyal and a former moderator. When I ran the board, he was invaluable.  When you add these things up, you can't call it kissing someone's ass. But, Smiles has his head so far up his own ass, he can't tell his ass from a hole in the ground. ;)

Michael Michael Michael, wrong as usual. That dude cannot be me as I never wear a tie.

I think the wrong question is being asked.  Instead of "Where are the moderators?", my question would be "Who are the moderators?"  I know there used to be moderators, but currently the only moderator I know about is Scooby himself.  Are there others?

I think the wrong question is being asked.  Instead of "Where are the moderators?", my question would be "Who are the moderators?"  I know there used to be moderators, but currently the only moderator I know about is Scooby himself.  Are there others?

Why is that important?  I am curious why anyone would need to know who a moderator is.

Who are the moderators on Gaybutton?  Give us their names.

Who are the moderators on SGT? Give us their names.

Who owns SGT? (I know but most people do not know the real owner)

All questions above are there for GB and not to be answered as I don't care to know the answer.  I have never found such questions important to me.  I want to know if a board is run well.  This one appears to be.  GB's appears to be. (but, I think a little heavy handed at times)  Other than that, it ain't my business what others are doing or not doing.  I know the gossip group in Pattaya wants to know everything but as they have no one on the in, they can't find out what they need. So, what? 

The Moderators listed are:

Admin   (last active 02-10-2012)

Administrator    (no information)

Scooby  (last active 26-07-2015)

tempadmin (last active 04-04-2013)

TLP (last active 21-09-2013)

Why is that important?  I am curious why anyone would need to know who a moderator is.

Who are the moderators on Gaybutton?  Give us their names.

Who are the moderators on SGT? Give us their names.

Who owns SGT? (I know but most people do not know the real owner)

All questions above are there for GB and not to be answered as I don't care to know the answer.  I have never found such questions important to me.  I want to know if a board is run well.  This one appears to be.  GB's appears to be. (but, I think a little heavy handed at times)  Other than that, it ain't my business what others are doing or not doing.  I know the gossip group in Pattaya wants to know everything but as they have no one on the in, they can't find out what they need. So, what? 

+1

Guest shamahan

GB's appears to be. (but, I think a little heavy handed at times)  

Wrong. His so called message board is dead long time ago.

Gaybutton's first site was the one I used when I first came to Thailand and it was full of great information.  I did not post back then, but I did get tons of information from it. 

His current site is also one that I would use if I would be coming to LOS for the first time.  One can learn a lot from it and from him.  I have nothing but the utmost respect for him and he has always been kind to me. That said, I don't think I was criticizing him when I said his board was heavy moderated. He states that to everyone and it is his "iron fist" style. For me, that is OK and I still learn a lot from it.  This board is more the limp wrist style and lets most things go.  I much prefer no fisting or fingering to my sensitive areas so a completely unmoderated board is my style. But, it is not my board and I don't get what I want.

I didn't know I was opening a can of worms.  I guess the way I should have asked was, aside from Scooby, does this board still have moderators?  There used to be several.  Now I'm curious if this board still uses moderators.  I don't give a shit who they are either.  Anonymous screen names don't mean anything to me.   But when a topic appears titled 'Where are the moderators.' I don't see anything inappropriate about asking if there even are moderators anymore at all.  If anyone really wants to get angry with me for that, be my guest.

As for who they are, I don't suppose anyone noticed that at the bottom of the main forum page there is a link to "The Moderating Team" and that lists the screen names of the moderators.  Anybody who wants to can see it.  I was merely wondering whether anyone other than Scooby is actually moderating this board.  As z909 posted, the last time any of the listed moderators, other than Scooby, even read this board was September of 2013.

Meanwhile, the question as to whether this board still has moderators is a question for Scooby, no one else, to address - unless, of course, you happen to be a moderator on this board.

Meanwhile, the question as to whether this board still has moderators is a question for Scooby, no one else, to address - unless, of course, you happen to be a moderator on this board.

Meanwhile, the question as to whether YOUR board has moderators is a question for GayButton, no one else, to address - unless, of course, you happen to be a moderator on his board.

:)

I think it is fairly evident that the only Moderator is Scooby.  Which is just fine with me.  It is impossible to please everyone and I'm pretty sure the the vast majority of members are satisfied and there is always the Ignore Button.

It is fine with me as well. 

Meanwhile, the question as to whether YOUR board has moderators is a question for GayButton, no one else, to address - unless, of course, you happen to be a moderator on his board.

No one on my board asked about whether there are moderators.  That question about moderators was asked on this board.  Does the fact that I have a board disqualify me, as a board member here, to ask if this board has moderators?  The answer to your question is there are no moderators on my board and there never has been any other than me. 

I don't know what point you're trying to make.  Have I committed some sort of crime by asking whether this board uses moderators anymore?   Why are you making a federal case out of a perfectly innocent question?  I don't even care whether this board has moderators or not.  I'm just curious.  What's your problem about that?

The answer to my question is a simple yes or no, and quite frankly I don't really care whether that question gets an answer or not.

No one on my board asked about whether there are moderators.  That question about moderators was asked on this board.  Does the fact that I have a board disqualify me, as a board member here, to ask if this board has moderators?  The answer to your question is there are no moderators on my board and there never has been any other than me. 

I don't know what point you're trying to make.  Have I committed some sort of crime by asking whether this board uses moderators anymore?   Why are you making a federal case out of a perfectly innocent question?  I don't even care whether this board has moderators or not.  I'm just curious.  What's your problem about that?

The answer to my question is a simple yes or no, and quite frankly I don't really care whether that question gets an answer or not.

No, it does not disqualify you at all.

Was this a side step to avoid answer who is moderating your board?  I think I smell a side step. 

I am not making a federal case out of anything. I am simply asking the same question you did.  What's the problem with that?

side.jpg

Was this a side step to avoid answer who is moderating your board?  I think I smell a side step. 

What do you imagine I'm side stepping?  In my post above didn't I say, "The answer to your question is there are no moderators on my board and there never has been any other than me." ?

What more of an answer do you need?  Now you're being absurd.

What do you imagine I'm side stepping?  In my post above didn't I say, "The answer to your question is there are no moderators on my board and there never has been any other than me." ?

What more of an answer do you need?  Now you're being absurd.

LOL  I didn't read that.  I guess I am going blind in my old age. :)  Can I join the army? :)