abidismaili

How many times a year you travel to Thailand?

I took early retirement to pursue a life of leisure and pleasure. In the early days I travelled back and forth to Japan and Europe. Then I discovered the delights of Thailand and now I'm travelling there 4 times a year. It used to be for 3 weeks at a time but these days I tend to spend a week or so in Cambodia before heading off to Thailand. Living in Australia makes it an easy trip. I'd hate to have to fly in from America or Europe.

Next month in giving Thailand a miss in favour of Budapest and Prague - any info on those places would be highly appreciated - but I'll probably end up spending a week in Pattaya on the way home. I've just got to get another look at number 77 in Boyzboyzboyz. I can't get him out of my head!

Wow, you are quick on the draw, vinapu!  I edited out that bit about the moon landing, 5 minutes after I posted it, since didn't want people to think I was bragging. Besides, the Moon landing was another big lie of the USA, all staged on a Hollywood set along with those silly rovers on Mars and that bogus closeup of Pluto.

I'm taking my gin straight, that's why, tonic slows me down only.LOL

I rather see you bragging about landing on the moon than spreading conspiracy theories. Don't even try to take our ' small step for man but huge one for humanity' from us

It's great that you guys have so much vacation time.

not everybody,

I'm  one of those unfortunates with short paid vacation time  but stick to my job because  in certain periods of year  /May to mid Aug and from mid Nov till end of year/  I can get  leave-of-absence very easily and without fuss enabling me to take time off more than once per year.

Since money seems to be always in short supply no matter how much one makes   I learnt not too worry whether time off is paid or not. It what lines of credit are invented for.

Usually only make it once a year but if I can get there in Oct it will be twice this year.

Vinapu, I'd love to nail him, but he's way out of my league. But he's definitely worth my going out of my way to drop in to Pattaya to admire him from afar.

Oh, and he's top only, but his cock is much too big for me. You'd have to be a proverbial "power bottom" to handle him, and I'm not that.

I just hope he's still there. So many guys you see one trip have disappeared from sight the next time you visit.

If you are not retired what job you have in Thailand if I may ask? I have looked into that option myself and the most easy to get is the teacher job. But that pays very bad (you can live from it, but impossible to have your regular gogo boy or GR boy from that salary). Also jobs in the ICT sector are almost impossible now I read. So I am curious how you managed to get a job there. I can use your information and tips. Because I would love to live there too.

I used to work (one year contract in 2013), but not as a teacher. I cannot teach, I don't want to teach, and I don't have the qualifications to teach (I mean I'm not a native speaker, grammar-wise I can teach many a native speaker, but I have no documents to prove this).

I found living and working does not suit me well, too many distractions. I would rather work in Europe, focus on my work, and come to Thailand several times per year for holiday. But I know people who work here (and get Western salary) and who love it. I would not recommend working for Thai salary and work contract (zero holiday in first year or work!).

Currently I'm here on tourist visa and live on my savings.

Currently I'm here on tourist visa and live on my savings.

that implies you are under 50, so you beat me to it ;-) Quite a nice achievement to quit work that young. I managed to do it at 50 even, no complaints, really

Vinapu, I'd love to nail him, but he's way out of my league. But he's definitely worth my going out of my way to drop in to Pattaya to admire him from afar.

Oh, and he's top only, but his cock is much too big for me. You'd have to be a proverbial "power bottom" to handle him, and I'm not that.

I just hope he's still there. So many guys you see one trip have disappeared from sight the next time you visit.

everybody has own way but it it was me I'd off him for private adoration just to see what happens.

Guy may turn to be everything between being more accommodating than we think all the way to be complete asshole but at least my curiosity be satisfied.

I agree with you, it's almost like a pattern for me, best boy from one trip disappears on next but Thailand being what it is , always some next adorable specimen will appear. 

Tourist statistics:

now we can see where are farangs who used to sit in bars -staying home and Asians are talking their place for good and bad.

Quite   surprising North America is holding ground and better even if they have longest distance to fly

I first discovered Thailand in 2006 after many relatively boring holidays in Gran Canaria which is handy for us Brits.  

Since then I became "addicted" and I think with the exception on one year when I only made it once, I have visited twice a year and I am looking forward to my next trip in October, probably depressing if you look at what it has all cost over the years, but I have enjoyed so many exciting holidays (not to mention the benefits of the frequent flyer status if you use the airlines carefully !) that I couldn't really care! 

For me it is still my holiday heaven!

that implies you are under 50, so you beat me to it ;-) Quite a nice achievement to quit work that young. I managed to do it at 50 even, no complaints, really

Achieving PERMANENT financial independence at a young age would be quite an achievement.  I don't think Christian has indicated if his current situation is permanent or temporary. 

Well done yourself for quitting @ 50.  That's something I'm contemplating if the finances work out.   Perhaps that's a topic for another thread.

I achieved that permanent financial independence at a relatively young age, but it came out of tragic circumstances.

Sometimes I regret giving up work and if I had my time over, I'd probably soldier on, especially as I loved my job. I simply found it too difficult to continue after what happened. My job involved periods of intense concentration and I could no longer do that.

If you retire young, you must have a hobby or some kind of interest to give purpose to your life and a reason to get out of bed in the morning. My only interests were work and sex. When I retired, I only had sex left, which is why I was so happy to discover Thailand and its sexual delights. But after three or four weeks, I've had enough and need to come home to recuperate! And, of course, finding things to keep me interested in Thailand between the sex sessions is hard. I find the days very boring, especially in Pattaya and Chiang Mai.

Yet no sooner do I get home than I start planning the next trip.

I only visit Thailand once a year but I am lucky in that I stay for six months ( I am retired but not over 65) I used to get a 90 day multiple entry visa which lasted for 12 months (in fact 15 if you used it carefully) Alas that is no longer available for my situation and last year instead I got three 60 day tourist visas which meant I had to have two visa runs. The previous type of visa was much more convenient because I could leave whenever I wanted, now I have to time it very carefully to make my three visas cover the six months I am there.

I stay in BKK but have a few days in Pattaya every month. I count myself very fortunate, I never even dreamed of a lifestyle like this when I was working.

Currently in the UK in the process of selling and downsizing to free up capital to enjoy.

Guest travelerjim

I only visit Thailand once a year but I am lucky in that I stay for six months ( I am retired but not over 65) I used to get a 90 day multiple entry visa which lasted for 12 months (in fact 15 if you used it carefully) Alas that is no longer available for my situation and last year instead I got three 60 day tourist visas which meant I had to have two visa runs. The previous type of visa was much more convenient because I could leave whenever I wanted, now I have to time it very carefully to make my three visas cover the six months I am there.

I stay in BKK but have a few days in Pattaya every month. I count myself very fortunate, I never even dreamed of a lifestyle like this when I was working.

Currently in the UK in the process of selling and downsizing to free up capital to enjoy.

gymrunner,

If over 50+ why not make it easy for yourself and get a so called Retirement Visa...

an extension of stay for 365 days annually.

No need for visa runs...can get a multiple entry reentry stamp too.

Tj

Achieving PERMANENT financial independence at a young age would be quite an achievement.  I don't think Christian has indicated if his current situation is permanent or temporary. 

Well done yourself for quitting @ 50.  That's something I'm contemplating if the finances work out.   Perhaps that's a topic for another thread.

you are right, Christian didn't say or imply it is permanent for him. I was just equating "live here" with "permanently" ;-) 

I usually make 2 or 3 x 30 day trips to Thailand each year now that I am retired. When I was working I could never spend more than around 15 days twice a year and maybe if I was lucky an extra 10 day short trip.

Personally I wouldn't want to live in Thailand as I enjoy the build up to each trip and planning of each trip and I think that to live in Thailand it would become common place.

When I said "live here permanently" I meant that I spend most time of the year in Thailand, and book BKK-BER-BKK tickets (when working in Europe, it was Europe-BKK-Europe). My situation is not permanent, sooner or later I will return to Europe.

I spoke to friends from university, they were unemployed about a year and wrote 100 job applications to get 10 job interviews and finally get one job. I compare this to Beach Road hookers: chat up 100 passers-by, 10 show interest, but 9 want disgusting activities or offer little money, and finally one is ok.

It's not for me, I rather spend my time in Thailand. However I came to the conclusion that the job situation will not get better soon, I have to put all my energy into looking for a job instead of traveling in Thailand.

It's not for me, I rather spend my time in Thailand. However I came to the conclusion that the job situation will not get better soon, I have to put all my energy into looking for a job instead of traveling in Thailand.

I see in your profile you are still young, 35. So should not be an issue to find a job in Europe. However when you are 45 and up it becomes very hard, 50 and up almost impossible (at least in the Netherlands). Employers think you too old. Or you must have very unique, high in demand skills.

But you must have had an extremely well paid job when you still worked in Europe. Because the job you had in Thailand was Thai pay (so impossible to save) and now you live from saved money for quite some time already in Thailand. That money can only be saved from these very few years you had a job in Europe. When you were in your end twenties. So these few years you did work in Europe after graduation, your income - for someone that young (twenties back then) - must already have been impressive. How else is it possible to save so much money as a young person in a few years, enabling you to live from your savings a few years in Thailand? Start salaries for guys in their twenties aren't that very high. So I think your skills must be sufficient to find a job soon again when back here.

I spoke to friends from university, they were unemployed about a year and wrote 100 job applications to get 10 job interviews and finally get one job. I compare this to Beach Road hookers: chat up 100 passers-by, 10 show interest, but 9 want disgusting activities or offer little money, and finally one is ok.

I like your way of thinking, often we  think we are superior when looking  at the hookers forgetting than we are doing jobs we don't like just to make a living, smiling to co-workers and clients  we hate and laughing at our bosses stupid jokes .

It's why my father used to say about prostitution ' work like any other but less dust at least" 

I like your way of thinking, often we think we are superior when looking at the hookers forgetting than we are doing jobs we don't like just to make a living, smiling to co-workers and clients we hate and laughing at our bosses stupid jokes .

It's why my father used to say about prostitution ' work like any other but less dust at least"

Good point. That is why I do not feel any guilt when I pay a guy for sex. I don't think I exploit him. He sells his body. I pay. Like back home I sell my brain activity to my employer. There is no real significant difference. So I do not understand people who say sex tourists exploit people. We don't.

Guest EdwardMark

I went to Bangkok first time on this February, and fell in love with this city and this country. I have travelled to Thailand about 6 times in about 6 months. And I am in Pattaya now. Hope later I can share my story with you guys. 

Guest EdwardMark

I agree with you. No job is superior than another, and the sex worker is just a job. Before I do not think so because of what the society taught me. But once I get to know the guys who work as sex workers, I think they are the same as me. 

Wherever there is a demand, there will be a supply. 

I like your way of thinking, often we  think we are superior when looking  at the hookers forgetting than we are doing jobs we don't like just to make a living, smiling to co-workers and clients  we hate and laughing at our bosses stupid jokes .